Carences institutionnelles et rationnement de l'accès à la santé dans les pays en développement : repères et enjeux
The economic analysis of the links between institutions and development is crucial with regard to the challenges linked to the health situation and the conditions of the access to health services of populations in disadvantaged countries. Besides the insufficiency of the aid for development, this paper puts emphasis on the major role of institutional deficiencies in explaining the persistence of the critical health situation of these populations. First, we analyze the causes and features of “internal” deficiencies within the developing countries themselves as well as those characterizing donator countries and multilateral organizations. We then examine the challenges and the conditions implied by the remedy of these institutional deficiencies.
Volume (Year): 131 (2005)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-mondes-en-developpement.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Archibugi, Daniele & Bizzarri, Kim, 2004.
"Committing to vaccine R&D: a global science policy priority,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1657-1671, December.
- Archibugi, Daniele & .Kim Bizzarri, 2004. "Committing to Vaccine R&D: A Global Science Policy Priority/Comprometerse en la investigación y desarrollo de vacunas: una prioridad de la política científica global," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 22, pages 251-271, Agosto.
- Sen, Amartya, 1993. "Markets and Freedoms: Achievements and Limitations of the Market Mechanism in Promoting Individual Freedoms," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 45(4), pages 519-41, October.
- de Neubourg, Chris, 2002. "Incentives and the role of institutions in the provision of social safety nets," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 25300, The World Bank.
- Streefland, Pieter, 2005. "Public health care under pressure in sub-Saharan Africa," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 71(3), pages 375-382, March.
- Hirschman, Albert O, 1980. "The Welfare State in Trouble: Systemic Crisis or Growing Pains?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(2), pages 113-16, May.
- Craig, David & Porter, Doug, 2003. "Poverty Reduction Strategy Papers: A New Convergence," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 53-69, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cai:meddbu:med_131_0011. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.