Beyond Charismatic Leadership: The Case of Jack Ma
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Boas Shamir & Robert J. House & Michael B. Arthur, 1993. "The Motivational Effects of Charismatic Leadership: A Self-Concept Based Theory," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 4(4), pages 577-594, November.
- MARINESCU Paul & TOMA Sorin-George, 2012. "Leadership And The Sources Of Power," Revista Economica, Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, Faculty of Economic Sciences, vol. 63(4-5), pages 7-19.
- repec:but:manage:v:17:y:2013:i:1:p:260-269 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dirk Lindebaum & Effi Raftopoulou, 2017. "What Would John Stuart Mill Say? A Utilitarian Perspective on Contemporary Neuroscience Debates in Leadership," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 144(4), pages 813-822, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- CÄƒtÄƒlin GrÄƒdinaru & Sorin-George Toma & È˜tefan CatanÄƒ & Gabriela AndriÈ™an, 2020. "A view on transformational leadership: The case of Jeff Bezos," Manager Journal, Faculty of Business and Administration, University of Bucharest, vol. 31(1), pages 93-100, December.
- Sorin-George Toma & È˜tefan CatanÄƒ & CÄƒtÄƒlin GrÄƒdinaru, 2020. "Leadership an overview," Manager Journal, Faculty of Business and Administration, University of Bucharest, vol. 32(1), pages 51-59, December.
- Ștefan CATANĂ & Cătălin V. GRĂDINARU & Sorin-George I. TOMA, 2020. "Sam Walton, A Visionary Entrepreneur," Network Intelligence Studies, Romanian Foundation for Business Intelligence, Editorial Department, issue 16, pages 113-117, December.
- Sorin-George Toma & È˜tefan CatanÄƒ & CÄƒtÄƒlin GrÄƒdinaru & Loredana Nicoleta Zainea, 2020. "Leadership and wisdom," Manager Journal, Faculty of Business and Administration, University of Bucharest, vol. 31(1), pages 86-92, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Mara Del Baldo & Maria-Gabriella Baldarelli, 2017. "Renewing and improving the business model toward sustainability in theory and practice," International Journal of Corporate Social Responsibility, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 1-13, December.
- Justin J. P. Jansen & Gerard George & Frans A. J. Van den Bosch & Henk W. Volberda, 2008. "Senior Team Attributes and Organizational Ambidexterity: The Moderating Role of Transformational Leadership," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(5), pages 982-1007, July.
- Schrade, Peter, 2018. "The impact of leadership behaviour factors on work productivity: Measuring the impact of factors of the full range leadership model and the leadership task model," Journal of Applied Leadership and Management, Hochschule Kempten - University of Applied Sciences, Professional School of Business & Technology, vol. 6, pages 66-88.
- Wang, Liwen & Zhao, Jane Zheng & Zhou, Kevin Zheng, 2018. "How do incentives motivate absorptive capacity development? The mediating role of employee learning and relational contingencies," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 226-237.
- Lord, Robert G. & Gatti, Paola & Chui, Susanna L.M., 2016. "Social-cognitive, relational, and identity-based approaches to leadership," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 119-134.
- Abimbola Windapo, 2018. "Entrepreneurial Factors Affecting the Sustainable Growth and Success of a South African Construction Company," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(4), pages 1-11, April.
- Farman Ullah & Yigang Wu & Khalid Mehmood & Fauzia Jabeen & Yaser Iftikhar & Ángel Acevedo-Duque & Ho Kwong Kwan, 2021. "Impact of Spectators’ Perceptions of Corporate Social Responsibility on Regional Attachment in Sports: Three-Wave Indirect Effects of Spectators’ Pride and Team Identification," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(2), pages 1-14, January.
- Latha Raman & Joji Rajan, 2012. "Transformational Leadership Style and Knowledge Management in the Private Sector Firms," Indian Journal of Commerce and Management Studies, Educational Research Multimedia & Publications,India, vol. 3(3), pages 44-49, September.
- Salas-Vallina, Andrés & Simone, Cristina & Fernández-Guerrero, Rafael, 2020. "The human side of leadership: Inspirational leadership effects on follower characteristics and happiness at work (HAW)," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 162-171.
- Allison, Thomas H. & Davis, Blakley C. & Webb, Justin W. & Short, Jeremy C., 2017. "Persuasion in crowdfunding: An elaboration likelihood model of crowdfunding performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 707-725.
- Chikelu Okey Felix & Abd Halim B. Ahmad & Rosita Bint Arshad, 2016. "Examining Ethical Reasoning and Transformational Leadership Style in Nigeria Public Sector," SAGE Open, , vol. 6(2), pages 21582440166, April.
- Ulrich Witt, 2007. "Firms as Realizations of Entrepreneurial Visions," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(7), pages 1125-1140, November.
- Ghinea Valentina Mihaela & Cantaragiu Ramona, 2017. "Preliminary study on leadership proximity," Proceedings of the International Conference on Business Excellence, Sciendo, vol. 11(1), pages 960-969, July.
- Aï Ito & Jennifer Harrison & Michelle Bligh & Christine Roland-Levy, 2020. "A follower-centric perspective on charismatic leadership: An integrative review and agenda for future research," Post-Print hal-03086811, HAL.
- Fong-Yi Lai & Hui-Chuan Tang & Szu-Chi Lu & Yu-Chin Lee & Cheng-Chen Lin, 2020. "Transformational Leadership and Job Performance: The Mediating Role of Work Engagement," SAGE Open, , vol. 10(1), pages 21582440198, January.
- Ma, Chao & Lin, Xiaoshuang & Chen, (George) Zhen Xiong & Wei, Wu, 2020. "Linking perceived overqualification with task performance and proactivity? An examination from self-concept-based perspective," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 199-209.
- Christina Cregan & Timothy Bartram & Pauline Stanton, 2009. "Union Organizing as a Mobilizing Strategy: The Impact of Social Identity and Transformational Leadership on the Collectivism of Union Members," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 47(4), pages 701-722, December.
- Liu, Haiyang & Chiang, Jack Ting-Ju & Fehr, Ryan & Xu, Minya & Wang, Siting, 2017. "How do leaders react when treated unfairly? Leader narcissism and self-interested behavior in response to unfair treatment," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 88208, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Johnson, Russell E. & King, Danielle D. & (Joanna) Lin, Szu-Han & Scott, Brent A. & Jackson Walker, Erin M. & Wang, Mo, 2017. "Regulatory focus trickle-down: How leader regulatory focus and behavior shape follower regulatory focus," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 140(C), pages 29-45.
- D. Wahyu Ariani, 2014. "Relationship Leadership, Employee Engagement and Organizational Citizenship Behavior," International Journal of Business and Social Research, MIR Center for Socio-Economic Research, vol. 4(8), pages 74-90, August.
More about this item
Keywordscharismatic leadership; leader; Jack Ma; Alibaba;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:but:manage:v:29:y:2019:i:1:p:99-105. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/faaubro.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Cosmin Catalin Olteanu (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/faaubro.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.