Risk-Return Trade-Off in Indian Capital Market During Last Two Decades with Special Emphasis on Crisis Period
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bollerslev, Tim & Engle, Robert F & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M, 1988. "A Capital Asset Pricing Model with Time-Varying Covariances," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(1), pages 116-131, February.
- Lubos Pástor & Meenakshi Sinha & Bhaskaran Swaminathan, 2008.
"Estimating the Intertemporal Risk-Return Tradeoff Using the Implied Cost of Capital,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 63(6), pages 2859-2897, December.
- Pástor, Luboš & Sinha, Meenakshi & Swaminathan, Bhaskaran, 2006. "Estimating the Intertemporal Risk-Return Tradeoff Using the Implied Cost of Capital," CEPR Discussion Papers 5462, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lubos Pastor & Meenakshi Sinha & Bhaskaran Swaminathan, 2006. "Estimating the Intertemporal Risk-Return Tradeoff Using the Implied Cost of Capital," NBER Working Papers 11941, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hui Guo & Robert F. Whitelaw, 2006.
"Uncovering the Risk-Return Relation in the Stock Market,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 61(3), pages 1433-1463, June.
- Hui Guo & Robert F. Whitelaw, 2003. "Uncovering the Risk-Return Relation in the Stock Market," NBER Working Papers 9927, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hui Guo & Robert Whitelaw, 2005. "Uncovering the risk-return relation in the stock market," Working Papers 2001-001, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Sudheer Chava & Amiyatosh Purnanandam, 2010. "Is Default Risk Negatively Related to Stock Returns?," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 23(6), pages 2523-2559, June.
- Harvey, Campbell R, 1991. " The World Price of Covariance Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(1), pages 111-157, March.
- Glosten, Lawrence R & Jagannathan, Ravi & Runkle, David E, 1993.
" On the Relation between the Expected Value and the Volatility of the Nominal Excess Return on Stocks,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1779-1801, December.
- Lawrence R. Glosten & Ravi Jagannathan & David E. Runkle, 1993. "On the relation between the expected value and the volatility of the nominal excess return on stocks," Staff Report 157, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Backus, David K & Gregory, Allan W, 1993.
"Theoretical Relations between Risk Premiums and Conditional Variances,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 11(2), pages 177-185, April.
- David K. Backus & Allan W. Gregory, 1992. "Theoretical Relations Between Risk Premiums and Conditional Variances," Working Papers 92-18a, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Whitelaw, Robert F, 2000. "Stock Market Risk and Return: An Equilibrium Approach," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 13(3), pages 521-547.
- Lundblad, Christian, 2007. "The risk return tradeoff in the long run: 1836-2003," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(1), pages 123-150, July.
- Lin Peng & Turan G. Bali, 2006. "Is there a risk-return trade-off? Evidence from high-frequency data," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(8), pages 1169-1198.
- Scruggs, John T. & Glabadanidis, Paskalis, 2003. "Risk Premia and the Dynamic Covariance between Stock and Bond Returns," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 38(02), pages 295-316, June.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Zhou, Hao, 2006. "Volatility puzzles: a simple framework for gauging return-volatility regressions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 131(1-2), pages 123-150.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mohanty, Roshni & P, Srinivasan, 2014. "The Time-Varying Risk and Return Trade Off in Indian Stock Markets," MPRA Paper 55660, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsConditional Volatility; Leverage effect; GARCH-in-mean; Risk-return relationship; Asian crisis; Sub-prime crisis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:but:anneas:v:5:y:2011:i:1:p:77-98. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Cosmin Catalin Olteanu). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/faaubro.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.