A Note on Herbert Gintis' "Emergence of a Price System from Decentralized Bilateral Exchange"
Building upon recent work of Gintis, we study evolutionary dynamics in an economy with Leontieff preferences and corner endowments for which the equilibrium is completely indeterminate. We exhibit a class of dynamics which selects, via stochastic stability, the equilibrium minimizing the quantities traded.
Volume (Year): 9 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.degruyter.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.degruyter.com/view/j/bejte|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carlos Alós-Ferrer & Georg Kirchsteiger, 2010.
"General Equilibrium and the Emergence of (Non) Market Clearing Trading Institutions,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/149592, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Carlos Alós-Ferrer & Georg Kirchsteiger, 2010. "General equilibrium and the emergence of (non)market clearing trading institutions," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 44(3), pages 339-360, September.
- Alos-Ferrer, Carlos & Kirchsteiger, Georg, 2006. "General Equilibrium and the Emergence of (Non) Market Clearing Trading Institutions," CEPR Discussion Papers 5795, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Roberto Serrano & Oscar Volij, 2008.
"Mistakes in Cooperation: the Stochastic Stability of Edgeworth's Recontracting,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 118(532), pages 1719-1741, October.
- Roberto Serrano & Oscar Volij, 2005. "Mistakes In Cooperation: The Stochastic Stability Of Edgeworth'S Recontracting," Economics Working Papers we056332, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Roberto Serrano & Oscar Volij, 2003. "Mistakes in Cooperation: the Stochastic Stability of Edgeworth's Recontracting," Economics Working Papers 0029, Institute for Advanced Study, School of Social Science.
- Roberto Serrano & Oscar Volij, 2003. "MISTAKE IN COOPERATION:the Stochastic Stability of Edgeworth's Recontracting," Working Papers 2003-23, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Dawid, Herbert, 2007. "Evolutionary game dynamics and the analysis of agent-based imitation models: The long run, the medium run and the importance of global analysis," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 2108-2133, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bpj:bejtec:v:9:y:2009:i:1:n:44. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.