Founding conditions and the survival of new firms
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- P.A. Geroski & José Mata & Pedro Portugal, 2007. "Founding Conditions and the Survival of New Firms," DRUID Working Papers 07-11, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Pedro Portugal & P.A. Geroski & José Mata, 2003. "Founding Conditions and the Survival of New Firms," Working Papers w200301, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
References listed on IDEAS
- Steven M. Fazzari & R. Glenn Hubbard & Bruce C. Petersen, 1988. "Financing Constraints and Corporate Investment," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 19(1), pages 141-206.
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1982. "Selection and the Evolution of Industry," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(3), pages 649-670, May.
- Pfeiffer, Friedhelm & Reize, Frank, 2000.
"Business start-ups by the unemployed -- an econometric analysis based on firm data,"
Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 629-663, September.
- Pfeiffer, Friedhelm & Reize, Frank, 1998. "Business Start-ups by the Unemployed - an Econometric Analysis Based on Firm Data," ZEW Discussion Papers 98-38, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Enrico Santarelli & Marco Vivarelli, 2007.
"Entrepreneurship and the process of firms’ entry, survival and growth,"
Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(3), pages 455-488, June.
- Santarelli, Enrico & Vivarelli, Marco, 2006. "Entrepreneurship and the Process of Firms’ Entry, Survival and Growth," IZA Discussion Papers 2475, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Marco Vivarelli, 2013. "Is entrepreneurship necessarily good? Microeconomic evidence from developed and developing countries," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(6), pages 1453-1495, December.
- Dirk Oberschachtsiek, 2014. "Waiting to start a business venture. Empirical evidence on the determinants," Working Paper Series in Economics 293, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Tsoukas, Serafeim, 2011.
"Firm survival and financial development: Evidence from a panel of emerging Asian economies,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 1736-1752, July.
- Serafeim Tsoukas, 2012. "Firm Survival and Financial Development: Evidence from a Panel of Emerging Asian Economies," Working Papers 142012, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- A. Bonaccorsi & S. Giannangeli, 2010. "One or more growth processes? Evidence from new Italian firms," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 137-152, September.
- Cristina Fernández & Roberta García & Paloma Lopez-Garcia & Benedicta Marzinotto & Roberta Serafini & Juuso Vanhala & Ladislav Wintr, 2017.
"Firm growth in Europe: An overview based on the COMPNET labour module,"
BCL working papers
107, Central Bank of Luxembourg.
- Fernandez, Cristina & García, Roberto & Lopez-Garcia, Paloma & Marzinotto, Benedicta & Serafini, Roberta & Vanhala, Juuso & Wintr, Ladislav, 2017. "Firm growth in Europe: an overview based on the CompNet labour module," Working Paper Series 2048, European Central Bank.
- Yuji Honjo, 2018. "Do profitable start-up firms grow faster? Evidence from Colombia," Revista Cuadernos de EconomÃa, Universidad Nacional de Colombia -FCE - CID, vol. 37(75), pages 727-754, March.
- Boyan Jovanovic, 1993. "The Diversification of Production," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 24(1 Microec), pages 197-247.
- Alam, Ashraful & Uddin, Moshfique & Yazdifar, Hassan & Shafique, Sujana & Lartey, Theophilus, 2020. "R&D investment, firm performance and moderating role of system and safeguard: Evidence from emerging markets," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 94-105.
- Francesco Quatraro & Marco Vivarelli, 2015.
"Drivers of Entrepreneurship and Post-entry Performance of Newborn Firms in Developing Countries,"
World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 30(2), pages 277-305.
- Quatraro, Francesco & Vivarelli, Marco, 2013. "Drivers of Entrepreneurship and Post-Entry Performance of Newborn Firms in Developing Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 7436, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Francesco Quatraro & Marco Vivarelli, 2015. "Drivers of entrepreneurship and post-entry performance of newborn firms in developing countries," Post-Print hal-01071511, HAL.
- Quatraro, Francesco & Vivarelli, Marco, 2014. "Drivers of entrepreneurship and post-entry performance of newborn firms in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7074, The World Bank.
- William M. Gentry & R. Glenn Hubbard, 2000. "Entrepreneurship and Household Saving," NBER Working Papers 7894, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gian Luca Clementi & Hugo Hopenhayn, "undated".
"A Theory of Financing Constraints and Firm Dynamics,"
GSIA Working Papers
2002-E9, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Gian Luca Clementi & Hugo Hopenhagn, 2004. "A Theory of Financing Constraints and Firm Dynamics," Working Papers 04-25, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Gian Luca Clementi & Hugo Hopenhayn, 2002. "A Theory of Financing Constraints and Firm Dynamics," RCER Working Papers 492, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Quader, Syed Manzur, 2017. "Differential effect of liquidity constraints on firm growth," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 20-29.
- Peter Huber & Harald Oberhofer & Michael Pfaffermayr, 2014.
"Job creation and the intra-distribution dynamics of the firm size distribution,"
Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(1), pages 171-197, February.
- Peter Huber & Harald Oberhofer & Michael Pfaffermayr, 2011. "Job Creation and the Intra-distribution Dynamics of the Firm Size Distribution," WIFO Working Papers 395, WIFO.
- Huber, Peter & Oberhofer, Harald & Pfaffermayr, Michael, 2012. "Job Creation and the Intra-distribution Dynamics of the Firm Size Distribution," Working Papers in Economics 2012-5, University of Salzburg.
- Shuyun May Li, 2008. "Employment Flows with Endogenous Financing Constraints," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 1045, The University of Melbourne.
- Colombo, Massimo G. & Delmastro, Marco & Grilli, Luca, 2004. "Entrepreneurs' human capital and the start-up size of new technology-based firms," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 22(8-9), pages 1183-1211, November.
- Coad, Alex, 2010.
"Neoclassical vs evolutionary theories of financial constraints: Critique and prospectus,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 206-218, August.
- Alex Coad, 2007. "Neoclassical vs Evolutionary Theories of Financial Constraints : Critique and Prospectus," Post-Print halshs-00144415, HAL.
- Alex Coad, 2007. "Neoclassical vs Evolutionary Theories of Financial Constraints : Critique and Prospectus," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00144415, HAL.
- Alex Coad, 2007. "Neoclassical vs evolutionary theories of financial constraints: critique and prospectus," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne r07008, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Ross Levine & Yona Rubinstein, 2018.
"Selection into Entrepreneurship and Self-Employment,"
NBER Working Papers
25350, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rubinstein, Yona & Levine, Ross, 2020. "Selection into entrepreneurship and self-employment," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 108462, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Ross Levine & Yona Rubinstein, 2020. "Selection into entrepreneurship and self-employment," CEP Discussion Papers dp1722, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Levine, Ross & Rubinstein, Yona, 2020. "Selection into entrepreneurship and self-employment," CEPR Discussion Papers 15143, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Harald Oberhofer, 2013.
"Employment Effects of Acquisitions: Evidence from Acquired European Firms,"
Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 42(3), pages 345-363, May.
- Oberhofer, Harald, 2010. "Employment effects of acquisitions: Evidence from acquired European firms," Working Papers in Economics 2010-10, University of Salzburg.
- Luís M B Cabral & José Mata, 2003.
"On the Evolution of the Firm Size Distribution: Facts and Theory,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(4), pages 1075-1090, September.
- Cabral, Luís M B & Mata, José, 2001. "On the Evolution of the Firm Size Distribution: Facts and Theory," CEPR Discussion Papers 3045, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
More about this item
- A1 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:stratm:v:31:y:2010:i:5:p:510-529. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1111/0143-2095 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.