Explaining the Poverty Difference between Inland and Coastal China: A Regression-based Decomposition Approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Wan, Guanghua & Zhang, Yin, 2007. "Explaining the Poverty Difference between Inland and Costal China: A Regression-based Decomposition Approach," WIDER Working Paper Series 007, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
References listed on IDEAS
- Schady, Norbert R, 2002.
"Picking the Poor: Indicators for Geographic Targeting in Peru,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 48(3), pages 417-433, September.
- Schady, Norbert R., 2000. "Picking the poor : indicators for geographic targeting in Peru," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2477, The World Bank.
- Lipton, Michael & Ravallion, Martin, 1995. "Poverty and policy," Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 41, pages 2551-2657 Elsevier.
- Kuan Xu, 1999. "Statistical Inference for the Sen-Shorrocks-Thon Index of Poverty Intensity," Journal of Income Distribution, Journal of Income Distribution, vol. 8(1), pages 8-8, June.
- Michael F. Förster & Marco Mira d'Ercole, 2005. "Income Distribution and Poverty in OECD Countries in the Second Half of the 1990s," OECD Social, Employment and Migration Working Papers 22, OECD Publishing.
- John L. Rodgers & Joan R. Rodgers, 1991. "Measuring the Intensity of Poverty among Subpopulations: Applications to the United States," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 26(2), pages 338-361.
- Sen, Amartya K, 1976. "Poverty: An Ordinal Approach to Measurement," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(2), pages 219-231, March.
- Myles, John & Picot, Garnett, 2000. "Poverty Indices and Policy Analysis," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 46(2), pages 161-179, June.
- Lars Osberg & Kuan Xu, 1999.
"Poverty Intensity: How Well Do Canadian Provinces Compare?,"
Canadian Public Policy,
University of Toronto Press, vol. 25(2), pages 179-195, June.
- Kuan Xu & Lars Osberg, 1999. "Poverty Intensity - How Well Do Canadian Provinces Compare?," LIS Working papers 203, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- François Bourguignon & Satya Chakravarty, 2003. "The Measurement of Multidimensional Poverty," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 1(1), pages 25-49, April.
- Subramanian, S., 2005. "Poverty Measurement and Theories of Beneficence," WIDER Working Paper Series 062, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Thon, Dominique, 1979. "On Measuring Poverty," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 25(4), pages 429-439, December.
- Kuan Xu & Lars Osberg, 2002. "On Sen's Approach to Poverty Measures and Recent Developments," Department of Economics at Dalhousie University working papers archive sensw, Dalhousie, Department of Economics.
- Jenkins, Stephen P & Lambert, Peter J, 1997. "Three 'I's of Poverty Curves, with an Analysis of UK Poverty Trends," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(3), pages 317-327, July.
- Shorrocks, Anthony F, 1995. "Revisiting the Sen Poverty Index," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(5), pages 1225-1230, September.
- Lars Osberg, 2000. "Poverty in Canada and the United States: measurement, trends, and implications," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 33(4), pages 847-877, November.
- Hill, Robert J, 2000. " Constructing Bounds on Per Capita Income Differentials across Countries," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 102(2), pages 285-302, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Somnath Chattopadhyay & Amita Majumder & Hasanur Jaman, 2014. "Decomposition of inter-regional poverty gap in India: a spatial approach," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 46(1), pages 65-99, February.
- Peng Bin, 2016. "Dynamic Development of Regional Disparity in Mainland China: An Experimental Study Based on a Multidimensional Index," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(12), pages 1-28, December.
- repec:bla:growch:v:48:y:2017:i:3:p:459-486 is not listed on IDEAS
- Muqun Li & Ian Coxhead, 2011.
"Trade and Inequality with Limited Labor Mobility: Theory and Evidence from China,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(1), pages 48-65, February.
- Muqun Li & Ian Coxhead, 2010. "Trade And Inequality With Limited Labor Mobility: Theory And Evidence From China," ISER Discussion Paper 0780, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:6:p:1046-:d:101639 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:rdevec:v:12:y:2008:i:2:p:455-467. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1363-6669 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.