Bridging the Rigour-Relevance Gap in Management Research: It's Already Happening!
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- A. Georges L. Romme & Gerard Endenburg, 2006. "Construction Principles and Design Rules in the Case of Circular Design," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 17(2), pages 287-297, April.
- Joan E. van Aken, 2004. "Management Research Based on the Paradigm of the Design Sciences: The Quest for Field-Tested and Grounded Technological Rules," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(2), pages 219-246, March.
- Alfred Kieser & Lars Leiner, 2009. "Why the Rigour-Relevance Gap in Management Research Is Unbridgeable," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(3), pages 516-533, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:touman:v:62:y:2017:i:c:p:379-389 is not listed on IDEAS
- Guiette, Alain & Vandenbempt, Koen, 2013. "Exploring team mental model dynamics during strategic change implementation in professional service organizations. A sensemaking perspective," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 728-744.
- Robin Fincham & Timothy Clark, 2009. "Introduction: Can We Bridge the Rigour-Relevance Gap?," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(3), pages 510-515, May.
- J. -C. Spender, 0. "BSchools and Their Business Models," Humanistic Management Journal, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-18.
- Holloway, Sjana S. & van Eijnatten, Frans M. & Romme, A.Georges.L. & Demerouti, Eva, 2016. "Developing actionable knowledge on value crafting: A design science approach," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(5), pages 1639-1643.
- Timothy Clark & Mike Wright, 2009. "So, Farewell Then . . . Reflections on Editing the "Journal of Management Studies"," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(1), pages 1-9, January.
- E. Schumacher & David Wasieleski, 2013. "Institutionalizing Ethical Innovation in Organizations: An Integrated Causal Model of Moral Innovation Decision Processes," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 113(1), pages 15-37, March.
- Olejniczak Tomasz, 2015. "Rigour and Relevance: A PhD Student’s Perspective," Management and Business Administration. Central Europe, De Gruyter Open, vol. 23(4), pages 113-130, December.
- Schiele, Holger & Krummaker, Stefan, 2011. "Consortium benchmarking: Collaborative academic-practitioner case study research," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(10), pages 1137-1145, October.
- Paul Edwards, 2015. "Industrial relations, critical social science and reform: I, principles of engagement," Industrial Relations Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(3), pages 173-186, May.
- Alexander T. Nicolai & Ann-Christine Schulz & Thomas W. Thomas, 2010. "What Wall Street Wants - Exploring the Role of Security Analysts in the Evolution and Spread of Management Concepts," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 162-189, January.
- repec:eee:proeco:v:194:y:2017:i:c:p:228-236 is not listed on IDEAS
- Irwin, Richard L. & Ryan, Timothy D., 2013. "Get real: Using engagement with practice to advance theory transfer and production," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 12-16.
- Mingers, John, 2015. "Helping business schools engage with real problems: The contribution of critical realism and systems thinking," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 242(1), pages 316-331.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jomstd:v:46:y:2009:i:3:p:534-546. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-2380 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.