The Social Construction of Contextual Rationalities in MNCs: An Anglo-German Comparison of Subsidiary Choice
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Anthony Ferner, 2000. "The Underpinnings of 'Bureaucratic' Control Systems: HRM in European Multinationals," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(4), pages 521-540, June.
- Whittington, Richard & Mayer, Michael, 2000. "The European Corporation: Strategy, Structure, and Social Science," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199242085.
- Anthony Ferner & Matthias Varul, 2000. "'Vanguard' Subsidiaries and the Diffusion of New Practices: A Case Study of German Multinationals," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 38(1), pages 115-140, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mudambi, Ram & Pedersen, Torben & Andersson, Ulf, 2014. "How subsidiaries gain power in multinational corporations," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 101-113.
- Fortwengel, Johann & Jackson, Gregory, 2016. "Legitimizing the apprenticeship practice in a distant environment: Institutional entrepreneurship through inter-organizational networks," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(6), pages 895-909.
- Drogendijk, Rian & Holm, Ulf, 2012. "Cultural distance or cultural positions? Analysing the effect of culture on the HQ–subsidiary relationship," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 383-396.
- Thomas Hutzschenreuter & Florian Gröne, 2009. "Changing Vertical Integration Strategies under Pressure from Foreign Competition: The Case of US and German Multinationals," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(2), pages 269-307, March.
- Carlos Garcia-Pont & J. Ignacio Canales & Fabrizio Noboa, 2009. "Subsidiary Strategy: The Embeddedness Component," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(2), pages 182-214, March.
- Bjørn T. Asheim & Bernd Ebersberger & Sverre J. Herstad, 2012. "MNCs between the Local and the Global: Knowledge Bases, Proximity and Distributed Knowledge Networks," Chapters,in: Innovation and Institutional Embeddedness of Multinational Companies, chapter 4 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- repec:spr:manint:v:51:y:2011:i:5:d:10.1007_s11575-011-0091-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:manint:v:57:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11575-016-0298-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stephanie C. Schleimer & Torben Pedersen, 2013. "The Driving Forces of Subsidiary Absorptive Capacity," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(4), pages 646-672, June.
- Martin Heidenreich, 2012. "Introduction: The Debate on Corporate Embeddedness," Chapters,in: Innovation and Institutional Embeddedness of Multinational Companies, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Jos Gamble, 2010. "Transferring Organizational Practices and the Dynamics of Hybridization: Japanese Retail Multinationals in China," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(4), pages 705-732, June.
- repec:spr:manint:v:57:y:2017:i:6:d:10.1007_s11575-017-0327-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Matten, Dirk & Geppert, Mike, 2004. "Work systems in heavy engineering: the role of national culture and national institutions in multinational corporations," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 177-198.
- Flora F. T. Chiang & Thomas A. Birtch, 2010. "Appraising Performance across Borders: An Empirical Examination of the Purposes and Practices of Performance Appraisal in a Multi-Country Context," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(7), pages 1365-1393, November.
- Poulis, Konstantinos & Poulis, Efthimios & Plakoyiannaki, Emmanuella, 2013. "The role of context in case study selection: An international business perspective," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 304-314.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jomstd:v:40:y:2003:i:3:p:617-641. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-2380 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.