Security Price Reactions Around Product Recall Announcements
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Scholes, Myron & Williams, Joseph, 1977. "Estimating betas from nonsynchronous data," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 309-327, December.
- Crafton, Steven M & Hoffer, George E & Reilly, Robert J, 1981. "Testing the Impact of Recalls on the Demand for Automobiles," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 19(4), pages 694-703, October.
- Scholes, Myron S, 1972. "The Market for Securities: Substitution versus Price Pressure and the Effects of Information on Share Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(2), pages 179-211, April.
- Reilly, Robert J & Hoffer, George E, 1983. "Will Retarding the Information Flow on Automobile Recalls Affect Consumer Demand?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 21(3), pages 444-447, July.
- Fama, Eugene F, et al, 1969. "The Adjustment of Stock Prices to New Information," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 10(1), pages 1-21, February.
- Wallace N. Davidson III, 1984. "The Effect Of Rate Cases On Public Utility Stock Returns," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 81-93, March.
- Dann, Larry Y. & Mikkelson, Wayne H., 1984. "Convertible debt issuance, capital structure change and financing-related information : Some new evidence," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 157-186, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maria-Gaia Soana, 2011. "The Relationship Between Corporate Social Performance and Corporate Financial Performance in the Banking Sector," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 104(1), pages 133-148, November.
- repec:eee:jebusi:v:93:y:2017:i:c:p:62-79 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bilal Mehmood & Anam Shafique & Rabia Rafaqat, 2014. "Is Solow’s Paradox Absent in World Leading Capital Markets? Econometric Evidence," Romanian Economic Journal, Department of International Business and Economics from the Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest, vol. 17(52), pages 45-62, June.
- Eng Cheah & Wen Chan & Corinne Chieng, 2007. "The Corporate Social Responsibility of Pharmaceutical Product Recalls: An Empirical Examination of U.S. and U.K. Markets," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 76(4), pages 427-449, December.
- Seth Freedman & Melissa Kearney & Mara Lederman, 2012.
"Product Recalls, Imperfect Information, and Spillover Effects: Lessons from the Consumer Response to the 2007 Toy Recalls,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 94(2), pages 499-516, May.
- Seth M. Freedman & Melissa Schettini Kearney & Mara Lederman, 2009. "Product Recalls, Imperfect Information, and Spillover Effects: Lessons from the Consumer Response to the 2007 Toy Recalls," NBER Working Papers 15183, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:eee:ijrema:v:33:y:2016:i:1:p:59-77 is not listed on IDEAS
- Robert Schweitzer, 1989. "How do stock returns react to special events?," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue Jul, pages 17-29.
- Nicolau, Juan L., 2011. "The decision to raise firm value through a sports-business exchange: How much are Real Madrid's goals worth to its president's company's goals?," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 215(1), pages 281-288, November.
- Christopher Robertson & Anna Lamin & Grigorios Livanis, 2010. "Stakeholder Perceptions of Offshoring and Outsourcing: The Role of Embedded Issues," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 95(2), pages 167-189, August.
- Juan Luis Nicolau, 2001. "Parametric And Nonparametric Approaches To Event Studies: An Application To A Hotel'S Market Value," Working Papers. Serie AD 2001-08, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Thomsen, Michael R. & Ollinger, Michael & Crandall, Philip G. & O'Bryan, Corliss, 2008. "Mandatory Food Recalls," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6083, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Pozo, Veronica F. & Schroeder, Ted C., 2016. "Evaluating the costs of meat and poultry recalls to food firms using stock returns," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 66-77.
- David Silvera, 2010. "The Antecedents and Consequences of Defensive Attributions inProduct-Harm Crises," Working Papers 0012, College of Business, University of Texas at San Antonio.
- Garcia-Fuentes, Pablo & Ferreira, Gustavo & Harrison, R. Wes & Kinsey, Jean D. & Degeneffe, Dennis, 2014. "Consumer Confidence in the Food System, Media Coverage and Stock Prices for the Food Industry," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 1-20, July.
- Like Jiang & Michel Magnan & Lixin (Nancy) Su & Shafu Zhang, 2018. "Damage Control: Earnings Management by Firms Facing Product Harm Crises / Dérapage contrôlé : gestion des résultats par les entreprises qui font face à une crise résultant d’un rappel de produits," CIRANO Working Papers 2018s-01, CIRANO.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jfnres:v:9:y:1986:i:2:p:113-122. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sfaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.