The Evolution Of Bank Resolution Policies In Japan: Evidence From Market Equity Values
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Elijah Brewer & Hesna Genay & William C. Hunter & George G. Kaufman, 1999. "Does the Japanese stock market price bank risk? evidence from financial firm failures," Working Paper Series WP-99-31, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Elijah Brewer & Hesna Genay & William C. Hunter & George G. Kaufman, 1999. "Does the Japanese stock market price bank risk? evidence from bank failures," Proceedings 638, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mark M. Spiegel & Nobuyoshi Yamori, 2003.
"Determinants of voluntary bank disclosure: evidence from Japanese Shinkin banks,"
Pacific Basin Working Paper Series
03-03, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Mark M. Spiegel & Nobuyoshi Yamori, 2004. "Determinants of Voluntary Bank Disclosure: Evidence from Japanese Shinkin Banks," CESifo Working Paper Series 1135, CESifo Group Munich.
- Chen, Sichong, 2013. "How do leverage ratios affect bank share performance during financial crises: The Japanese experience of the late 1990s," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 1-18.
- Spiegel, Mark M. & Yamori, Nobuyoshi, 2007. "Market price accounting and depositor discipline: The case of Japanese regional banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 769-786, March.
- Harada, Kimie & Ito, Takatoshi, 2011.
"Did mergers help Japanese mega-banks avoid failure? Analysis of the distance to default of banks,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 1-22, March.
- Kimie Harada & Takatoshi Ito, 2008. "Did Mergers Help Japanese Mega-Banks Avoid Failure? Analysis of the Distance to Default of Banks," NBER Working Papers 14518, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shimizu, Katsutoshi, 2009. "Is the information produced in the stock market useful for depositors?," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 34-39, March.
- Mark Spiegel & Nobuyoshi Yamori, 2003.
"Financial Turbulence and the Japanese Main Bank Relationship,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 23(3), pages 205-223, June.
- Spiegel, M.M. & Yamori, N., 2000. "Financial Turbulence and the Japanese Main Bank Relationship," Papers pb00-04, Economisch Institut voor het Midden en Kleinbedrijf-.
- Pop, Adrian & Pop, Diana, 2009. "Requiem for market discipline and the specter of TBTF in Japanese banking," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 1429-1459, November.
- Imai, Masami, 2006.
"Market discipline and deposit insurance reform in Japan,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 30(12), pages 3433-3452, December.
- Masami Imai, 2006. "Market Discipline and Deposit Insurance Reform in Japan," Wesleyan Economics Working Papers 2006-007, Wesleyan University, Department of Economics.
- Harada, Kimie & Ito, Takatoshi & Takahashi, Shuhei, 2013. "Is the Distance to Default a good measure in predicting bank failures? A case study of Japanese major banks," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 70-82.
- Kimie Harada & Takatoshi Ito & Shuhei Takahashi, 2010. "Is the Distance to Default a Good Measure in Predicting Bank Failures? Case Studies," NBER Working Papers 16182, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mark M. Spiegel & Nobuyoshi Yamori, 2004. "Market price accounting and depositor discipline in Japanese regional banks," Working Paper Series 2004-27, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Imai, Masami, 2007.
"The emergence of market monitoring in Japanese banks: Evidence from the subordinated debt market,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 1441-1460, May.
- Masami Imai, 2006. "The Emergence of Market Monitoring in Japanese Banks: Evidence from the Subordinated Debt Market," Wesleyan Economics Working Papers 2006-008, Wesleyan University, Department of Economics.
- Baba, Naohiko & Inada, Masakazu, 2009. "Why do Japanese regional banks issue subordinated debts?," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 358-364, December.
- Hashimoto, Yuko, 2005. "The impact of the Japanese banking crisis on the intraday FX market in late 1997," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 205-222, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jfnres:v:27:y:2004:i:1:p:115-132. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sfaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.