Direct Equity Financing: A Resolution of a Paradox
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael Rothschild & Joseph Stiglitz, 1976. "Equilibrium in Competitive Insurance Markets: An Essay on the Economics of Imperfect Information," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 90(4), pages 629-649.
- Riley, John G., 1975. "Competitive signalling," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 174-186, April.
- Grossman, Sanford J & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1976. "Information and Competitive Price Systems," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(2), pages 246-253, May.
- Joanne Salop & Steven Salop, 1976. "Self-Selection and Turnover in the Labor Market," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 90(4), pages 619-627.
- Campbell, Tim S & Kracaw, William A, 1980. " Information Production, Market Signalling, and the Theory of Financial Intermediation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 35(4), pages 863-882, September.
- George A. Akerlof, 1970. "The Market for "Lemons": Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(3), pages 488-500.
- Sudipto Bhattacharya, 1979. "Imperfect Information, Dividend Policy, and "The Bird in the Hand" Fallacy," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(1), pages 259-270, Spring.
- Harris, Milton & Raviv, Artur, 1979. "Optimal incentive contracts with imperfect information," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 231-259, April.
- Joanne Salop & Steven C. Salop, 1976. "Self-selection and turnover in the labor market," Special Studies Papers 80, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Michael Spence, 1973. "Job Market Signaling," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 87(3), pages 355-374.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ferris, Stephen P. & Noronha, Gregory & McInish, Thomas, 1997. "New equity offerings in Japan: an examination of theory and practice," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 185-200, October.
- Muhtaseb, Majed R. & Philippatos, George C., 1995. "Shareholder wealth effects of common stock offerings," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 175-193.
- B[oslash]hren, [Oslash]yvind & Eckbo, B. Espen & Michalsen, Dag, 1997. "Why underwrite rights offerings? Some new evidence," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 223-261, November.
- Michael W. Becker & Michael S. Long, 1997. "An Explanation of Underwriting Spread Differentials on Complex Securities," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 26(2), Summer.
- Milos Laura Raisa, 2012. "Spillover Effects Of Pension Funds On Capital Markets. The Eu-15 Countries Case," Annals - Economy Series, Constantin Brancusi University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 4, pages 164-170, December.
- James Ang & Shaojun Zhang, 2006. "Underwriting relationships: Information production costs, underwriting fees, and first mover advantage," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 205-229, September.
- Cronqvist, Henrik & Nilsson, Mattias, 2005.
"The choice between rights offerings and private equity placements,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 375-407, November.
- Cronqvist, Henrik & Nilsson, Mattias, 2001. "The choice between rights offerings and private equity placements," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 0452, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 01 Nov 2004.
- Dang, Li & Yang, J. Jimmy, 2013. "The choice between rights and underwritten equity offerings: Evidence from Chinese stock markets," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 235-253.
- Kothare, Meeta, 1997. "The effects of equity issues on ownership structure and stock liquidity: A comparison of rights and public offerings," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 131-148, January.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/1949 is not listed on IDEAS
- Roberto J. Santillán Salgado & David López & Justo Montenegro, 2010. "Las Administradoras de Fondos de Pensiones y el desarrollo del mercado de capitales en Chile," Ensayos Revista de Economia, Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, Facultad de Economia, vol. 0(2), pages 53-76, November.
- Vittas, Dimitri, 1998. "Institutional investors and securities markets : which comes first?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2032, The World Bank.
- Laura Raisa MILOS & Carmen CORDUNEANU, 2011. "Pension funds – main institutional investor on the Romanian capital market?," Timisoara Journal of Economics, West University of Timisoara, Romania, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 4(2(14)), pages 105-110.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/10852 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jfinan:v:37:y:1982:i:3:p:651-65. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/afaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.