Spillover Effects Of Pension Funds On Capital Markets. The Eu-15 Countries Case
The paper aims at providing new empirical evidence for the connection between pension reform and domestic stock market development, in the case of the old member states of European Union. We seek to measure the impact of private pension funds’ assets on the capital market development, using a panel data regression and after controlling for other explanatory variables. As predicted in the literature, the results show a positive connection.
Volume (Year): 4I (2012)
Issue (Month): (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Str. Victoriei 24, Targu-Jiu, Gorj|
Phone: 004 0253 211062
Web page: http://www.utgjiu.ro/fse_new/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Impavido, Gregorio & Musalem, Alberto R. & Tressel, Thierry, 2003. "The impact of contractual savings institutions on securities markets," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2948, The World Bank.
- Eduardo Walker & Fernando Lefort, 2002.
"Pension Reform And Capital Markets: Are There Any (Hard) Links?,"
Escuela de Administracion. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 5(2), pages 77-149.
- Walker, Eduardo & Lefort, Fernando, 2002. "Pension reform and capital markets : are there any (hard) links?," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 24082, The World Bank.
- Hansen, Robert S & Pinkerton, John M, 1982. " Direct Equity Financing: A Resolution of a Paradox," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 37(3), pages 651-65, June.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1997.
"Legal Determinants of External Finance,"
NBER Working Papers
5879, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- RAFAEL LaPORTA & FLORENCIO LOPEZ-de-SILANES & ANDREI SHLEIFER & ROBERT W. VISHNY, . "Legal Determinants of External Finance,"," CRSP working papers 324, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, . "Legal Determinants of External Finance," Working Paper 19443, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1997. "Legal Determinants of External Finance," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1788, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Claudio Raddatz & Sergio Schmukler, 2010.
"Pension Funds And Capital Market Development: How Much Bang For The Buck?,"
38, Superintendencia de Pensiones, revised Feb 2010.
- Raddatz, Claudio & Schmukler, Sergio L., 2008. "Pension Funds And Capital Market Development:How Much Bang For The Buck?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4787, The World Bank.
- Impavido, Gregorio & Musalem, Alberto R., 2000. "Contractual savings, stock, and asset markets," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2490, The World Bank.
- Bosworth, Barry & Burtless, Gary, 2004. "Pension Reform and Saving," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 57(3), pages 703-27, September.
- Catalan, Mario & Impavido, Gregorio & Musalem, Alberto R., 2000. "Contractual savings or stock market development - Which leads?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2421, The World Bank.
- Hans J. Blommestein, 1997.
"Institutional Investors, Pension Reform and Emerging Securities Markets,"
IDB Publications (Working Papers)
6807, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Hans J. Blommestein, 1997. "Institutional Investors, Pension Reform, and Emerging Securities Markets," Research Department Publications 4094, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Boyd, John H. & Levine, Ross & Smith, Bruce D., 2001. "The impact of inflation on financial sector performance," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 221-248, April.
- Luigi Zingales & Raghuram G. Rajan, 2003.
"Banks and Markets: The Changing Character of European Finance,"
NBER Working Papers
9595, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rajan, Raghuram G & Zingales, Luigi, 2003. "Banks and Markets: the Changing Character of European Finance," CEPR Discussion Papers 3865, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Vittas, Dimitri, 2000. "Pension reform and capital market development -"feasibility"and"impact"preconditions," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2414, The World Bank.
- Aneta Hryckiewicz, 2009. "Pension reform, institutional investors’ growth and stock market development in the developing countries: does it function?," National Bank of Poland Working Papers 67, National Bank of Poland, Economic Institute.
- Hansen, Robert S & Torregrosa, Paul, 1992. " Underwriter Compensation and Corporate Monitoring," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(4), pages 1537-55, September.
- Claessens, Stijn & Klingebiel, Daniela & Schmukler, Sergio L., 2006. "Stock market development and internationalization: Do economic fundamentals spur both similarly?," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 316-350, June.
- Catal N, Mario, 2004. "Pension funds and corporate governance in developing countries: what do we know and what do we need to know?," Journal of Pension Economics and Finance, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(02), pages 197-232, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cbu:jrnlec:y:2012:v:4i:p:164-170. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ecobici Nicolae)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.