Did the Federal Crop Insurance Reform Act Alter Farm Enterprise Diversification?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- S. R. Johnson, 1967. "A Re-examination of the Farm Diversification Problem," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 49(3), pages 610-621.
- Rulon D. Pope & Richard Prescott, 1980. "Diversification in Relation to Farm Size and Other Socioeconomic Characteristics," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 62(3), pages 554-559.
- Ani L. Katchova, 2005. "The Farm Diversification Discount," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(4), pages 984-994.
- Lindon J. Robison & John R. Brake, 1979. "Application of Portfolio Theory to Farmer and Lender Behavior," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 61(1), pages 158-164.
- John G. Stovall, 1966. "Income Variation and Selection of Enterprises," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1575-1579.
- Earl O. Heady, 1952. "Diversification in Resource Allocation and Minimization of Income Variability," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 34(4), pages 482-496.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:64:y:2017:i:c:p:321-334 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chakir, Raja & Hardelin, Julien, 2011. "Hail Insurance and Pesticide use in French agriculture: an empirical analysis of multiple risks management," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114312, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ifft, Jennifer & Kuethe, Todd & Morehart, Mitch, 2015. "Does Federal Crop Insurance lead to higher farm debt use? Evidence from the Agricultural Resource Management Survey," Working Papers 250011, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Burns, Christopher & Prager, Daniel, "undated". "Do Direct Payments and Crop Insurance Influence Commercial Farm Survival and Decisions to Expand?," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 235693, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Jeremy G. Weber & Nigel Key & Erik O’Donoghue, 2016.
"Does Federal Crop Insurance Make Environmental Externalities from Agriculture Worse?,"
Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 3(3), pages 707-742.
- Weber, Jeremy G. & Key, Nigel & O'Donoghue, Erik, 2016. "Does Federal Crop Insurance Make Environmental Externalities from Agriculture Worse?," MPRA Paper 71293, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Saenz, Mariana & Thompson, Eric, 2017. "Gender and Policy Roles in Farm Household Diversification in Zambia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 152-169.
- Olen, Beau & Wu, Junjie, 2013. "Supply of Insurance for Specialty Crops and its Effect on Yield and Acreage," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150787, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Dimitar Nikolov & Sergio Gomez-y-Paloma & Minka Chopeva & Marianne Lefebvre, 2014. "Main Factors of the Development and Attractiveness of the Insurance Market for the Agricultural Companies," Economic Studies journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 2, pages 99-121.
- Rachael D. Garrett & Meredith Niles & Juliana Gil & Philip Dy & Julio Reis & Judson Valentim, 2017. "Policies for Reintegrating Crop and Livestock Systems: A Comparative Analysis," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(3), pages 1-22, March.
- Ethan Ligon, 2011. "Supply and Effects of Specialty Crop Insurance," NBER Chapters,in: The Intended and Unintended Effects of U.S. Agricultural and Biotechnology Policies, pages 113-142 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Miao, Ruiqing & Khanna, Madhu, 2015. "Costs of Meeting the Cellulosic Biofuel Mandate with an Energy Crop with Establishment Cost and Yield Risk: Implications for Policy," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212458, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jageco:v:60:y:2009:i:1:p:80-104. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0021-857X .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.