Gendered Nature and Urban Culture: The Dialectics of Gated Developments in Izmir, Turkey
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Michelle Mycoo, 2006. "The retreat of the upper and middle classes to gated communities in the poststructural adjustment era: the case of Trinidad," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 38(1), pages 131-148, January.
- Mimi Sheller, 2000. "The City and the Car," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(4), pages 737-757, December.
- Michelle Mycoo, 2006. "The Retreat of the Upper and Middle Classes to Gated Communities in the Poststructural Adjustment Era: The Case of Trinidad," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 38(1), pages 131-148, January.
- Sonia Roitman & Nicholas Phelps, 2011. "Do Gates Negate the City? Gated Communitiesâ€™ Contribution to the Urbanisation of Suburbia in Pilar, Argentina," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 48(16), pages 3487-3509, December.
- MarÃa JosÃ© Ã lvarez-Rivadulla, 2007. "Golden Ghettos: Gated Communities and Class Residential Segregation in Montevideo, Uruguay," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 39(1), pages 47-63, January.
- Åžerife GeniÅŸ, 2007. "Producing Elite Localities: The Rise of Gated Communities in Istanbul," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 44(4), pages 771-798, April.
- Vincent Kaufmann & Manfred Max Bergman & Dominique Joye, 2004. "Motility: mobility as capital," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(4), pages 745-756, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:bla:ijurrs:v:40:y:2016:i:4:p:849-865 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:ijurrs:v:38:y:2014:i:4:p:1363-1383. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0309-1317 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.