Moving from Private to Public Ownership: Selling Out to Public Firms versus Initial Public Offerings
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:corfin:v:45:y:2017:i:c:p:496-521 is not listed on IDEAS
- Madura, Jeff & Susnjara, Jurica, 2013. "The appeal of private targets in international acquisitions," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 198-222.
- repec:eee:finlet:v:22:y:2017:i:c:p:146-152 is not listed on IDEAS
- DeTienne, Dawn R. & McKelvie, Alexander & Chandler, Gaylen N., 2015. "Making sense of entrepreneurial exit strategies: A typology and test," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 255-272.
- Susan Chaplinsky & Swasti Gupta-Mukherjee, 2013. "The Decline in Venture-Backed IPOS: Implications for Capital Recovery," Chapters,in: Handbook of Research on IPOs, chapter 2, pages 35-56 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Greene, Daniel, 2016. "The wealth of private firm owners following reverse mergers," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 56-75.
- Bayar, Onur & Chemmanur, Thomas J., 2012. "What drives the valuation premium in IPOs versus acquisitions? An empirical analysis," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 451-475.
- Tilan Tang, 2015. "Bidder's Gain: Evidence from Termination Returns," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 15(4), pages 457-487, December.
- Cooney, John W. & Moeller, Thomas & Stegemoller, Mike, 2009. "The underpricing of private targets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 51-66, July.
- repec:eee:tefoso:v:127:y:2018:i:c:p:141-153 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andrea Signori & Silvio Vismara, 2017. "Stock-financed M&As of newly listed firms," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 48(1), pages 115-134, January.
- Helwege, Jean & Packer, Frank, 2009. "Private matters," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 362-383, July.
- Song, Kyojik “Roy” & Kim, Inho & Chang, Young K., 2014. "A reverse takeover as an exit strategy of venture capital: Korean evidence," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 182-198.
- Burns, Natasha & Jindra, Jan & Minnick, Kristina, 2017. "Sales of private firms and the role of CEO compensation," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 444-463.
- Reddy, K. Srinivasa, 2011. "The aftermarket pricing performance of initial public offers: Insights from India," MPRA Paper 62885, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2013.
- Jianping Qi & Ninon K. Sutton & Qiancheng Zheng, 2015. "The Value of Strategic Alliances in Acquisitions and IPOs," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 44(2), pages 387-430, June.
- Lian, Qin & Wang, Qiming, 2012. "Acquisition valuations of withdrawn IPOs: When IPO plans turn into mergers," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 1424-1436.
- Troy Pollard, 2016. "Sneaking in the back door? An evaluation of reverse mergers and IPOs," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 305-341, August.
- Wang, Lanfang & Wang, Susheng, 2012. "Economic freedom and cross-border venture capital performance," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 26-50.
- Philip Brown & Andrew Ferguson & Peter Lam, 2013. "Choice between alternative routes to go public: backdoor listing versus IPO," Chapters,in: Handbook of Research on IPOs, chapter 22, pages 503-530 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Kolb, Johannes & Tykvová, Tereza, 2016. "Going public via special purpose acquisition companies: Frogs do not turn into princes," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 80-96.
- Chortareas, Georgios E. & Girardone, Claudia & Ventouri, Alexia, 2013. "Financial freedom and bank efficiency: Evidence from the European Union," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 1223-1231.
- Arcot, Sridhar, 2014. "Participating convertible preferred stock in venture capital exits," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 72-87.
- King, Roger & Peng, Winnie Qian, 2013. "The effect of industry characteristics on the control longevity of founding-family firms," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 281-295.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:finmgt:v:37:y:2008:i:1:p:81-101. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fmaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.