Political Economy of Property Tax Reform: Hawaii's Experiment with Split‐Rate Property Taxation
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Sally Kwak & James Mak, 2009. "Political Economy of Property Tax Reform: Hawaii’s Experiment with Split Rate Property Taxation," Working Papers 200915, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- England, Richard W. & Zhao, Min Qiang, 2005. "Assessing the Distributive Impact of a Revenue–Neutral Shift From a Uniform Property Tax to a Two-Rate Property Tax With a Uniform Credit," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 58(2), pages 247-260, June.
- Fry, Maxwell J & Mak, James, 1984. "Is Land Leasing a Solution to Unaffordable Housing? An Answer from Fee Simple versus Leasehold Property Price Differentials in Hawaii," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 22(4), pages 529-549, October.
- Oates, Wallace E. & Schwab, Robert M., 1997. "The Impact of Urban Land Taxation: The Pittsburgh Experience," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 50(1), pages 1-21, March.
- Bowman, John H. & Bell, Michael E., 2008. "Distributional Consequences of Converting the Property Tax to a Land Value Tax: Replication and Extension of England and Zhao," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 61(4), pages 593-607, December.
- James Mak, 2006. "Taxation of Travel and Tourism," Chapters,in: International Handbook on the Economics of Tourism, chapter 11 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Richard L. Pollock & Donald C. Shoup, 1977. "The Effect of Shifting the Property Tax Base from Improvement Value to Land Value: An Empirical Estimate," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 53(1), pages 67-77.
- Oates, Wallace E. & Schwab, Robert M., 1997. "The Impact of Urban Land Taxation: The Pittsburgh Experience," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 50(1), pages 1-21, March.
- Jeffrey P. Cohen & Cletus C. Coughlin, 2005. "An introduction to two-rate taxation of land and buildings," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue May, pages 359-374.
- Plassmann, Florenz & Tideman, T. Nicolaus, 2000. "A Markov Chain Monte Carlo Analysis of the Effect of Two-Rate Property Taxes on Construction," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 216-247, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:ajecsc:v:70:y:2011:i:1:p:4-29. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0002-9246 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.