The price impact of rating announcements: evidence from the credit default swap market
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Doron Kliger & Oded Sarig, 2000.
"The Information Value of Bond Ratings,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 55(6), pages 2879-2902, December.
- Doron Kliger & Oded Sarig, "undated". "The Information Value of Bond Ratings," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 13-97, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Hand, John R M & Holthausen, Robert W & Leftwich, Richard W, 1992. " The Effect of Bond Rating Agency Announcements on Bond and Stock Prices," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 733-752, June.
- Richard Cantor & Frank Packer & Kevin Cole, 1997. "Split ratings and the pricing of credit risk," Research Paper 9711, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Katz, Steven, 1974. "The Price Adjustment Process of Bonds to Rating Reclassifications: A Test of Bond Market Efficiency," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 29(2), pages 551-559, May.
- Griffin, Paul A & Sanvicente, Antonio Z, 1982. " Common Stock Returns and Rating Changes: A Methodological Comparison," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 37(1), pages 103-119, March.
- Pinches, George E & Singleton, J Clay, 1978. "The Adjustment of Stock Prices to Bond Rating Changes," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 33(1), pages 29-44, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sergio Mayordomo & Juan Ignacio Peña & Eduardo S. Schwartz, 2010. "Are all Credit Default Swap Databases Equal?," NBER Working Papers 16590, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ansgar Belke & Christian Gokus, 2011. "Volatility Patterns of CDS, Bond and Stock Markets Before and During the Financial Crisis – Evidence from Major Financial Institutions," Ruhr Economic Papers 0243, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Antonio Cesare, 2006.
"Do Market-based Indicators Anticipate Rating Agencies? Evidence for International Banks,"
Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA, vol. 35(1), pages 121-150, February.
- Antonio Di Cesare, 2006. "Do market-based indicators anticipate rating agencies? Evidence for international banks," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 593, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Ansgar Belke & Christian Gokus, 2011.
"Volatility Patterns of CDS, Bond and Stock Markets before and during the Financial Crisis: Evidence from Major Financial Institutions,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
1107, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Belke, Ansgar & Gokus, Christian, 2011. "Volatility Patterns of CDS, Bond and Stock Markets Before and During the Financial Crisis – Evidence from Major Financial Institutions," Ruhr Economic Papers 243, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Jacob Gyntelberg & Guonan Ma & Eli M Remolona, 2005. "Corporate bond markets in Asia," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, December.
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0243 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bertrand Hassani & Xin Zhao, 2014. "Reconsidering Corporate Ratings," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01117683, HAL.
- Dumontaux, N. & Pop, A., 2013. "Contagion Effects in the Aftermath of Lehman’s Collapse: Evidence from the US Financial Services Industry," Working papers 427, Banque de France.
- Kiesel, Florian & Kolaric, Sascha & Schiereck, Dirk, 2016. "Market integration and efficiency of CDS and equity markets," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 209-229.
- Enrico Laghi & Michele Di Marcantonio & Eugenio D'Amico, 2014. "Estimating credit default swap spreads using accounting data, market quotes and credit ratings: the European Banks Case," FINANCIAL REPORTING, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2014(2-3-4), pages 59-81.
- Blumenstock, Hendrik & von Grone, Udo & Mehlhorn, Marc & Merkl, Johannes & Pietz, Marcus, 2012. "Einflussfaktoren von CDS-Spreads als Maß für das aktuelle Bonitätsrisiko: Liefert das Rating eine Erklärung?," Bayreuth Working Papers on Finance, Accounting and Taxation (FAcT-Papers) 2012-03, University of Bayreuth, Chair of Finance and Banking.
- Bertrand K Hassani & Xin Zhao, 2014. "Reconsidering Corporate Ratings," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 14077, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
More about this item
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bis:bisqtr:0406e. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Beslmeisl). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bisssch.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.