Foreign investors’ participation in emerging market economies’ domestic bond markets
On the basis of a qualitative survey, this paper shows that the participation of French investors in emerging market economies’ local bond markets is in expansion but remains hampered by the persistent strong perception of the associated risk.
Volume (Year): (2008)
Issue (Month): 12 (Summer)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Banque de France 31 Rue Croix des Petits Champs LABOLOG - 49-1404 75049 PARIS|
Web page: http://www.banque-france.fr/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John D. Burger & Francis E. Warnock, 2006.
"Foreign Participation in Local Currency Bond Markets,"
NBER Working Papers
12548, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Burger, John D. & Warnock, Francis E., 2007. "Foreign participation in local currency bond markets," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 291-304.
- John D. Burger & Francis E. Warnock, 2004. "Foreign participation in local-currency bond markets," International Finance Discussion Papers 794, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Rodríguez, Javier & Santiso, Javier, 2008.
"Banking on Democracy: The Political Economy of International Private Bank Lending in Emerging Markets,"
12907, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Javier Rodríguez & Javier Santiso, 2007. "Banking on Democracy: The Political Economy of International Private Bank Lending in Emerging Markets," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 259, OECD Publishing.
- John D. Burger & Francis E. Warnock, 2006.
"Local Currency Bond Markets,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 53(si), pages 7.
- Anastasia Guscina & Olivier D Jeanne, 2006. "Government Debt in Emerging Market Countries; A New Data Set," IMF Working Papers 06/98, International Monetary Fund.
- S. M. Ali Abbas & Jakob E Christensen, 2007.
"The Role of Domestic Debt Markets in Economic Growth; An Empirical Investigation for Low-Income Countries and Emerging Markets,"
IMF Working Papers
07/127, International Monetary Fund.
- S M Ali Abbas & Jakob E Christensen, 2010. "The Role of Domestic Debt Markets in Economic Growth: An Empirical Investigation for Low-Income Countries and Emerging Markets," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 57(1), pages 209-255, April.
- Daniel, L. & Manas, A., 2006. "Modélisation et analyse des mécanismes du Club de Paris de rachat de créances par prépaiement," Bulletin de la Banque de France, Banque de France, issue 152, pages 45-56.
- Ugo Panizza & Eduardo Borensztein & Barry Eichengreen, 2006.
"Debt Instruments and Policies in the New Millennium: New Markets and New Opportunities,"
IDB Publications (Working Papers)
6708, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Ugo Panizza & Eduardo Borensztein & Barry Eichengreen, 2006. "Debt Instruments and Policies in the New Millennium: New Markets and New Opportunities," Research Department Publications 4456, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Hans J. Blommestein & Javier Santiso, 2007. "New Strategies for Emerging Domestic Sovereign Bond Markets," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 260, OECD Publishing.
- Paloma Acevedo & Enrique Alberola & Carmen Broto, 2007. "Local debt expansion... vulnerability reduction? An assessment for six crises-prone countries," Working Papers 0733, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bfr:quarte:2008:12:05. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael brassart)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.