Dynamic Factor Models for Multivariate Count Data: An Application to Stock-Market Trading Activity
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Jung, Robert & Liesenfeld, Roman & Richard, Jean-François, 2008. "Dynamic Factor Models for Multivariate Count Data: An Application to Stock-Market Trading Activity," Economics Working Papers 2008-12, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jung, Robert C. & Kukuk, Martin & Liesenfeld, Roman, 2006. "Time series of count data: modeling, estimation and diagnostics," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(4), pages 2350-2364, December.
- Tauchen, George E & Pitts, Mark, 1983. "The Price Variability-Volume Relationship on Speculative Markets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(2), pages 485-505, March.
- Roman Liesenfeld & Robert C. Jung, 2000.
"Stochastic volatility models: conditional normality versus heavy-tailed distributions,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(2), pages 137-160.
- Liesenfeld, Roman & Jung, Robert C., 1997. "Stochastic volatility models: Conditional normality versus heavy tailed distributions," Tübinger Diskussionsbeiträge 103, University of Tübingen, School of Business and Economics.
- Liesenfeld, Roman, 2001. "A generalized bivariate mixture model for stock price volatility and trading volume," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 104(1), pages 141-178, August.
- Heinen, Andreas & Rengifo, Erick, 2007. "Multivariate autoregressive modeling of time series count data using copulas," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 564-583, September.
- Wedel, Michel & Böckenholt, Ulf & Kamakura, Wagner A., 2003. "Factor models for multivariate count data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 356-369, November.
- Richard, Jean-Francois & Zhang, Wei, 2007. "Efficient high-dimensional importance sampling," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 141(2), pages 1385-1411, December.
- Peter Neal & T. Subba Rao, 2007. "MCMC for Integer-Valued ARMA processes," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(1), pages 92-110, January.
- repec:pit:wpaper:321 is not listed on IDEAS
- HEINEN, Andréas, 2003.
"Modelling time series count data: an autoregressive conditional Poisson model,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2003062, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Heinen, Andreas, 2003. "Modelling Time Series Count Data: An Autoregressive Conditional Poisson Model," MPRA Paper 8113, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Anat R. Admati, Paul Pfleiderer, 1988. "A Theory of Intraday Patterns: Volume and Price Variability," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 1(1), pages 3-40.
- Andersen, Torben G, 1996. " Return Volatility and Trading Volume: An Information Flow Interpretation of Stochastic Volatility," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(1), pages 169-204, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Skaug, Hans J. & Yu, Jun, 2014. "A flexible and automated likelihood based framework for inference in stochastic volatility models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 642-654.
- Kleppe, Tore Selland & Liesenfeld, Roman, 2011. "Efficient high-dimensional importance sampling in mixture frameworks," Economics Working Papers 2011-11, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- repec:bla:irvfin:v:17:y:2017:i:3:p:479-490 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jean-FranÃ§ois Richard, 2015. "Likelihood Evaluation of High-Dimensional Spatial Latent Gaussian Models with Non-Gaussian Response Variables," Working Paper 5778, Department of Economics, University of Pittsburgh.
- Brauning, Falk & Koopman, Siem Jan, 2016.
"The dynamic factor network model with an application to global credit risk,"
16-13, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Falk Bräuning & Siem Jan Koopman, 2016. "The Dynamic Factor Network Model with an Application to Global Credit-Risk," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 16-105/III, Tinbergen Institute.
- Dag Tjøstheim, 2012. "Some recent theory for autoregressive count time series," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 21(3), pages 413-438, September.
- Siem Jan Koopman & Rutger Lit & Thuy Minh Nguyen, 2012. "Fast Efficient Importance Sampling by State Space Methods," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 12-008/4, Tinbergen Institute, revised 16 Oct 2014.
- Li, Qi & Lian, Heng & Zhu, Fukang, 2016. "Robust closed-form estimators for the integer-valued GARCH (1,1) model," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 209-225.
- Dimpfl, Thomas, 2014. "A note on cointegration of international stock market indices," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 10-16.
- Kleppe, Tore Selland & Liesenfeld, Roman, 2014. "Efficient importance sampling in mixture frameworks," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 449-463.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bes:jnlbes:v:29:i:1:y:2011:p:73-85. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.amstat.org/publications/jbes/index.cfm?fuseaction=main .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.