A New Measure of Fit for Equations with Dichotomous Dependent Variables
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Arturo Estrella, 1997. "A new measure of fit for equations with dichotomous dependent variables," Research Paper 9716, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
References listed on IDEAS
- Estrella, Arturo & Mishkin, Frederic S., 1997. "The predictive power of the term structure of interest rates in Europe and the United States: Implications for the European Central Bank," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(7), pages 1375-1401, July.
- John G. Cragg & Russell S. Uhler, 1970. "The Demand for Automobiles," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 3(3), pages 386-406, August.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1981. "Qualitative Response Models: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 19(4), pages 1483-1536, December.
- Dhrymes, Phoebus J., 1986. "Limited dependent variables," Handbook of Econometrics, in: Z. Griliches† & M. D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 27, pages 1567-1631, Elsevier.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- MARK McGILLIVRAY & EDWARD OCZKOWSKI, 1991. "Modelling the Allocation of Australian Bilaterial Aid: A Two‐Part Sample Selection Approach," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 67(2), pages 147-152, June.
- Michael Veall & Klaus Zimmermann, 1994.
"Evaluating Pseudo-R 2 's for binary probit models,"
Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 151-164, May.
- Veall, M. & Zimmermann, K., 1990. "Evaluating Pseudo-R2's for Binary Probit Models," Other publications TiSEM d425a232-37e3-4e5b-910e-c, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Veal, M.R. & Zimmermann, K.F., 1990. "Evaluation Pseudo-R2'S For Binary Probit Models," Papers 9057, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Veall, M. & Zimmermann, K., 1990. "Evaluating Pseudo-R2's for Binary Probit Models," Discussion Paper 1990-57, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Seifert-Vogt, Hans G., 1988. "Die ökonometrische Spezifikation eines sequentiellen Modells der Rückkehrentscheidungen ausländischer Arbeiter aus dem Gastland in ihr Heimatland," Discussion Papers, Series II 57, University of Konstanz, Collaborative Research Centre (SFB) 178 "Internationalization of the Economy".
- Biagio Simonetti & Pasquale Sarnacchiaro & M. Rosario González Rodríguez, 2017. "Goodness of fit measures for logistic regression model: an application for students’ evaluations of university teaching," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 51(6), pages 2545-2554, November.
- Esther FernÃ¡ndez Galar & Javier GÃ³mez Biscarri, 2003. "Revisiting the Ability of Interest Rate Spreads to Predict Recessions: Evidence for a," Faculty Working Papers 04/03, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Arturo Estrella & Anthony P. Rodrigues, 1998. "Consistent covariance matrix estimation in probit models with autocorrelated errors," Staff Reports 39, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- T.R.L. Fry & R.D. Brooks & Br. Comley & J. Zhang, 1993. "Economic Motivations for Limited Dependent and Qualitative Variable Models," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 69(2), pages 193-205, June.
- Banerjee, Swagata (Ban) & Martin, Steven W. & Roberts, Roland K. & Larson, James A. & Hogan, Robert J., Jr. & Johnson, Jason L. & Paxton, Kenneth W. & Reeves, Jeanne M., 2007. "Adoption of Conservation-Tillage Practices in Cotton Production," 2007 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2007, Mobile, Alabama 34842, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Franck Sédillot, 2001.
"La pente des taux contient-elle de l'information sur l'activité économique future ?,"
Economie & Prévision, La Documentation Française, vol. 147(1), pages 141-157.
- Franck Sédillot, 2001. "La pente des taux contient-elle de l’information sur l’activité économique future ?," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 147(1), pages 141-157.
- Sedillot, F., 1999. "La pente des taux contient-elle de l'information sur l'activite economique future?," Working papers 67, Banque de France.
- Paleti, Rajesh, 2018. "Generalized multinomial probit Model: Accommodating constrained random parameters," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 248-262.
- Maria Iacovou, 2002.
"Class Size in the Early Years: Is Smaller Really Better?,"
Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 261-290.
- Iacovou, Maria, 2001. "Class size in the early years: is smaller really better?," ISER Working Paper Series 2001-10, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Erik Stam & Roy Thurik & Peter van der Zwan, 2010.
"Entrepreneurial exit in real and imagined markets,"
Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(4), pages 1109-1139, August.
- Roy Thurik & F. Stam & Peter van der Zwan, 2007. "Entrepreneurial exit in real and imagined markets," Scales Research Reports H200720, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Erik Stam & Roy Thurik & Peter van der Zwan, 2008. "Entrepreneurial Exit in Real and Imagined Markets," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 08-031/3, Tinbergen Institute, revised 07 Dec 2009.
- Saem Lee & Trung Thanh Nguyen & Patrick Poppenborg & Hio-Jung Shin & Thomas Koellner, 2016. "Conventional, Partially Converted and Environmentally Friendly Farming in South Korea: Profitability and Factors Affecting Farmers’ Choice," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(8), pages 1-18, July.
- Ahmet Kubas & I. Inan & Gokhan Unakitan & E. Erbay, 2008. "The Estimation of the Relationships between Water-Natural Gas Usage and Discharge-Emission Permission by Using Binary Logistic Model for the Industrial Establishments," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 42(1), pages 35-44, February.
- Seitz, Franz & Baumann, Ursel & Albuquerque, Bruno, 2015.
"The information content of money and credit for US activity,"
Working Paper Series
1803, European Central Bank.
- Seitz, Franz & Albuquerque, Bruno & Baumann, Ursel, 2015. "The Information Content Of Money And Credit For US Activity," VfS Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 113066, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Chu-Ping C. Vijverberg & Wim P. M. Vijverberg, 2016. "Pregibit: a family of binary choice models," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 50(3), pages 901-932, May.
- Ahmed, Jameel & Straetmans, Stefan, 2015. "Predicting exchange rate cycles utilizing risk factors," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 112-130.
- Guadalupe, Maria, 2003.
"The hidden costs of fixed term contracts: the impact on work accidents,"
Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 339-357, June.
- María Guadalupe, 2002. "The Hidden Costs of Fixed Term Contracts: the Impact On Work Accidents," CEP Discussion Papers dp0551, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Guadalupe, Maria, 2002. "The hidden costs of fixed term contracts: the impact on work accidents," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20064, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Y. Saks, 2016. "Socio-economic transitions on the labour market : a European benchmarking exercise," Economic Review, National Bank of Belgium, issue iii, pages 41-58, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bes:jnlbes:v:16:y:1998:i:2:p:198-205. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.amstat.org/publications/jbes/index.cfm?fuseaction=main .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Christopher F. Baum (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.amstat.org/publications/jbes/index.cfm?fuseaction=main .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.