Policies for Restructuring of the State Firms in Sector Water Supply and Sewage
The paper presents results from a complex study of the past restructuring of water and waste water sector companies. The degree and scope of defensive and strategic restructuring, as well as the main impediments associated with this process are revealed for the state-owned companies. Main policy principles for further restructuring are elaborated and proposed. The starting point in designing the principles and recommendations is that the restructuring has to lead to fast adjustment to the market conditions and to improve quality of provided services. Initiatives for establishing and carrying out policy for restructuring of state-owned companies from this sector are elaborated at government and company level.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (+359 2) 810 40 18
Fax: (+359 2) 988 21 08
Web page: http://www.iki.bas.bg
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Andrzej Bratkowski & Irena Grosfeld & Jacek Rostowski, 2000.
"Investment and Finance in "de novo" private firms: Empirical Results from the Czech Republic, Hungary and Poland,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 8(1), pages 101-116, March.
- Andrzej Bratkowski & Irena Grosfeld & Jacek Rostowski, 1999. "Investment and Finance in De Novo Private Firms: Empiracal Results from the Czech Republic, Hungary and Poland," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 236, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Bratkowski, A. & Grosfeld, I. & Rostowski, J., 1998. "Investment and Finance in De Novo Private Firms: Empirical Results form the Czech Republic, Hungary and Poland," DELTA Working Papers 98-19, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Grosfeld, Irena & Roland, Gérard, 1995.
"Defensive and Strategic Restructuring in Central European Enterprises,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1135, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Grosfeld, I. & Roland, G., 1995. "Defensive and Strategic Restructuring in Central European Enterprises," DELTA Working Papers 95-18, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Dutz, Mark A. & Vagliasindi, Maria, 2000. "Competition policy implementation in transition economies: An empirical assessment," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(4-6), pages 762-772, May.
- Josef C. Brada, 1998. "Management 101: Behavior of Firms in Transition Economies," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 133, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Djankov, Simeon, 1999.
"Ownership structure and enterprise restructuring in six newly independent states,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2047, The World Bank.
- Simeon Djankov, 1999. "Ownership Structure and Enterprise Restructuring in Six Newly Independent States," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 41(1), pages 75-95, April.
- Roman Frydman & Cheryl Gray & Marek Hessel & Andrzej Rapaczynski, 1999. "When Does Privatization Work? The Impact Of Private Ownership On Corporate Performance In The Transition Economies," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 114(4), pages 1153-1191, November.
- Boeri, Tito, 1997. "Labour-Market Reforms in Transition Economies," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(2), pages 126-40, Summer.
- Josef C. Brada, 1990. "Introduction," Eastern European Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 28(4), pages 3-6, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bas:econst:y:2008:i:3:p:66-111. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Diana Dimitrova)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.