An Indicator to Measure Inequality in the Provision of Local Public Transport in Italy
An indicator measuring inequality in the provision of local public transport was constructed in order to compare service levels in 20 Italian regional capital cities and analyze emerging criticalities. The indicator aims at identifying the level of measurable rather than perceived public transport effectiveness. Consequently, measurable features such as network coverage (capillarity), frequency, extent of transit lanes, passenger information systems, are considered, whereas features closely tied to personal expectations and tastes (e.g. customer satisfaction/dissatisfaction) are excluded. The relevance of this method derives from the possibility of using this approach for the analysis of the sector of the LPT in other countries, allowing as a consequence, to compare the local transport sector between cities in different countries.
Volume (Year): 2 (2012)
Issue (Month): (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.bapress.ca
|Order Information:|| Postal: 17 Alton Towers Circle, Unit 101 Toronto, ON, M1V3L8, Canada|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Christopher T. Whelan & Mario Lucchini & Maurizio Pisati & Bertrand Maître, 2010.
"Understanding the Socio-Economic Distribution and Consequences of Patterns of Multiple Deprivation: An Application of Self-Organising Maps,"
201009, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Christopher T. Whelan & Mario Lucchini & Maurizio Pisati & Maitre, Bertrand, 2009. "Understanding the Socio-Economic Distribution and Consequences of Patterns of Multiple Deprivation: An Application of Self-Organising Maps," Papers WP302, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Marco Grasso, 2004.
"Una misurazione del benessere nelle regioni italiane,"
- Marco Grasso, 2002. "Una misurazione del benessere nelle Regioni italiane," Working Papers 41, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Jan 2002.
- Angela Testi & Enrico Ivaldi, 2011. "Measuring Progress in Health through Deprivation Indexes," Review of Economics & Finance, Better Advances Press, Canada, vol. 1, pages 49-57, April.
- Angela Testi & Enrico Ivaldi, 2009. "Material versus social deprivation and health: a case study of an urban area," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 323-328, July.
- Henry Kaiser, 1958. "The varimax criterion for analytic rotation in factor analysis," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 187-200, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bap:journl:120405. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bill Yan)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.