The Access Of Small And Medium Size Enterprises To Banking Financing And Current Challanges: The Case Of Eu Countries
Bank loans are a vital resource for SMEs financing because of the reducedpossibilities of these firms to find alternative sources of financing. In the context of the currentcrisis, the access to loans for SMEs has deteriorated significantly due to lower availability of bankloans, that can hamper the exit from the crisis of these firms and the relaunch of the nationaleconomies. Moreover, the adoption of the new banking regulations by Basel III Accord raisesconcerns about their possible negative impact on bank financing of SMEs. In this context, our paperaims to highlight a few features of bank financing of SMEs in EU member states and to bring intoquestion the impact of new banking regulations on loans flow to SMEs.
Volume (Year): 2 (2012)
Issue (Month): 14 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thorsten Beck, 2004.
"The determinants of financing obstacles,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3204, The World Bank.
- Augusto de la Torre & María Soledad Martínez Pería & Sergio L. Schmukler, 2009. "Drivers and Obstacles to Banking SMEs: The Role of Competition and the Institutional Framework," CESifo Working Paper Series 2651, CESifo Group Munich.
- Steve Mercieca & Klaus Schaeck & Simon Wolfe, 2009. "Bank Market Structure, Competition, and SME Financing Relationships in European Regions," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 36(2), pages 137-155, December.
- Angela ROMAN, 2012. "Sources of financing european smes and new supporting EU policies: evidence from the new EU member states," Anale. Seria Stiinte Economice. Timisoara, Faculty of Economics, Tibiscus University in Timisoara, vol. 0, pages 245-252, May.
- Ardic, Oya Pinar & Mylenko, Nataliya & Saltane, Valentina, 2011. "Small and medium enterprises : a cross-country analysis with a new data set," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5538, The World Bank.
- Edward Altman & Gabriele Sabato, 2005. "Effects of the New Basel Capital Accord on Bank Capital Requirements for SMEs," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 28(1), pages 15-42, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:alu:journl:v:2:y:2012:i:14:p:21. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dan-Constantin Danuletiu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.