Analysis Of The Banking System‘S Concentration Degree In Eu Countries
This paper focuses on four main fields of interest. The first part of the study isdedicated to an analysis of the specialized literature with a view to highlighting our research area.The second part concentrates on recent trends in the evolution of bank concentration indexes. Thethird part consists of an analysis of the key-indicators which influence the degree of bankconcentration, while the last part of our paper establishes the relation between the Herfindahl indexand the key-indicators (Total assets, Number of credit institutions, Population and Gross domesticproduct at market price) with the help of the correlation indexes. At the end of the study we presentour conclusions. We find that the overall European banking market is not very concentrated.
Volume (Year): 1 (2013)
Issue (Month): 15 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carlson, Mark & Mitchener, Kris James, 2006.
"Branch Banking, Bank Competition, and Financial Stability,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 38(5), pages 1293-1328, August.
- Mark Carlson & Kris James Mitchener, 2005. "Branch banking, bank competition, and financial stability," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2005-20, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Mark Carlson & Kris James Mitchener, 2005. "Branch Banking, Bank Competition, and Financial Stability," NBER Working Papers 11291, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barbara Casu & Claudia Girardone, 2009. "Competition issues in European banking," Journal of Financial Regulation and Compliance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 17(2), pages 119-133, May.
- H. Semih Yildirim & George C. Philippatos, 2007. "Competition and contestability in Central and Eastern European banking markets," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 33(3), pages 195-209.
- Juan Fernández de Guevara & Joaquín Maudos & Francisco Pérez, 2005.
"Market Power in European Banking Sectors,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 109-137, April.
- Astrid A. Dick, 2007. "Market Size, Service Quality, and Competition in Banking," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 39(1), pages 49-81, 02.
- Semih Yildirim & George C. Philippatos, 2003. "Competition And Contestability In Central And Eastern European Banking Markets," Finance 0310004, EconWPA.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:alu:journl:v:1:y:2013:i:15:p:16. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dan-Constantin Danuletiu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.