Discounting Spotted Apples: Investigating Consumers’ Willingness to Accept Cosmetic Damage in an Organic Product
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Yue, Chengyan & Alfnes, Frode & Jensen, Helen H., 2009. "Discounting Spotted Apples: Investigating Consumers' Willingness to Accept Cosmetic Damage in an Organic Product," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 41(01), pages 29-46, April.
- Chengyan Yue & Frode Alfnes & Helen H. Jensen, 2006. "Discounting Spotted Apples: Investigating Consumers' Willingness to Accept Cosmetic Damage in an Organic Product," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 06-wp436, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jill E. Hobbs & DeeVon Bailey & David L. Dickinson & Morteza Haghiri, 2005. "Traceability in the Canadian Red Meat Sector: Do Consumers Care?," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 53(1), pages 47-65, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Strzok, Jesse L. & Huffman, Wallace E., 2012. "Willingness-to-Pay for Organic Food Products and Organic Purity: Experimental Evidence," Staff General Research Papers Archive 35502, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Jessica Aschemann-Witzel & Ilona de Hooge & Pegah Amani & Tino Bech-Larsen & Marije Oostindjer, 2015. "Consumer-Related Food Waste: Causes and Potential for Action," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(6), pages 1-21, May.
- Marette, Stéphan & Messéan, Antoine & Millet, Guy, 2012. "Consumers’ willingness to pay for eco-friendly apples under different labels: Evidences from a lab experiment," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 151-161.
- Biguzzi, Coralie & Ginon, Emilie & Gomez-y-Paloma, Sergio & Langrell, Sergio & Lefebvre, Marianne & Marette, Stephan & Mateu, Guillermo & Sutan, Angela, 2014. "Consumers' preferences for Integrated Pest Management: Experimental insights," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 183081, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Frode Alfnes & Chengyan Yue & Helen H. Jensen, 2010.
"Cognitive dissonance as a means of reducing hypothetical bias,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 37(2), pages 147-163, June.
- Frode Alfnes & Chengyan Yue & Helen H. Jensen, 2009. "Cognitive Dissonance as a Means of Reducing Hypothetical Bias," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 09-wp486, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Alfnes, Frode & Yue, Chengyan & Jensen, Helen H., 2010. "Cognitive Dissonance As a Means of Reducing Hypothetical Bias," Staff General Research Papers Archive 31300, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- McFadden, Jonathan R. & Huffman, Wallace E., 2017. "Willingness-to-pay for natural, organic, and conventional foods: The effects of information and meaningful labels," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 214-232.
- Su, Lianfan & Adam, Brian D. & Lusk, Jayson L. & Arthur, Frank, 2011. "A Comparison of Auction and Choice Experiment: An Application to Consumer Willingness to Pay for Rice with Improved Storage Management," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103975, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Strzok, Jesse Lance, 2012. "Willingness-to-Pay for Organic Food Products and Organic Purity: Experimental Evidence," ISU General Staff Papers 201201010800003857, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Khachatryan, Hayk & Behe, Bridget K. & Campbell, Benjamin L. & Hall, Charles R. & Dennis, Jennifer H., 2013. "Does Eye Tracking Reveal More About the Effects of Buying Impulsiveness on the Green Industry Consumer Choice Behavior?," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150333, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Razzolini, Tiziano, 2013. "How much trustworthy and salubrious an organic jam should be? The impact of organic logo on the Italian jam market," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 1-13.
- Aschemann-Witzel, Jessica & de Hooge, Ilona & Amani, Pegah & Bech-Larsen, Tino & Gustavsson, Jenny, 2015. "Consumers and food waste - a review of research approaches and findings on point of purchase and in-household consumer behaviour," 143rd Joint EAAE/AAEA Seminar, March 25-27, 2015, Naples, Italy 202716, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Rousu, Matthew C. & Nonnemaker, James & Farrelly, Matthew, 2011. "Choosing a Cigarette Brand: Determining the Value of Countermarketing Information to Smokers Using Field Auctions," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 1-14, November.
- Skuza, Nathan & McCracken, Vicki & Ellis, Joan, 2015. "Compensation Fees And Willingness To Pay: A Field Experiment On Organic Apples," International Journal of Food and Agricultural Economics (IJFAEC), Alanya Alaaddin Keykubat University, Department of Economics and Finance, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 1-13, July.
- Lefebvre, M. & Biguzzi, C. & Ginon, E. & Gomez y Paloma, Sergio & Langrell, S. R. H. & Marette, S. & Mateu, G. & Sutan, A., 2015. "Mandatory Integrated Pest Management in the European Union: Experimental insights on consumers' reactions," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212038, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
KeywordsAgribusiness; Crop Production/Industries; Demand and Price Analysis; Research and Development/Tech Change/Emerging Technologies;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:joaaec:48756. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/saeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.