Utility-Efficient Programming For Whole-Farm Planning
A programming technique, utility-efficient programming, is developed for farm planning under risk. The objective function is the parametric sum of two parts of the utility function in which the degree of risk aversion varies systematically with the parameter. This technique has several advantages over those previously available: a number of types of utility functions are applicable including ones exhibiting decreasing risk aversion; the degree of risk aversion can be limited to a plausible range; the form of the distribution for activity net revenues is flexible; and the technique can be used with available algorithms. The method is illustrated using a parametric linear programming algorithm.
Volume (Year): 32 (1988)
Issue (Month): 02-03 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: AARES Central Office Manager, Crawford School of Public Policy, ANU, Canberra ACT 0200|
Phone: 0409 032 338
Web page: http://www.aares.info/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Boussard, Jean-Marc, 1971.
"A model of the behavior of farmers and its application to agricultural policies,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 436-461.
- Boussard, Jean-Marc, 1971. "A model of the behavior of farmers and its application to agricultural policies," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 436-461.
- Robert Neil Collender & James A. Chalfant, 1986. "An Alternative Approach to Decisions under Uncertainty Using the Empirical Moment-Generating Function," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 68(3), pages 727-731.
- Jock R. Anderson, 1975. "Programming For Efficient Planning Against Non‐Normal Risk," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 19(2), pages 94-107, 08.
- Anderson, Jock R., 1975. "Programming For Efficient Planning Against Non-Normal Risk," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 19(02), August.
- K. D. Cocks, 1968. "Discrete Stochastic Programming," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 15(1), pages 72-79, September. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:ajaeau:22959. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.