Assessing Some Effects Of Inflation On The Agricultural Sector
The time pattern of effects of inflation on prices received, prices paid, asset returns, and real incomes of different members of the agricultural sector is described. In the long run it is argued that inflation will have very small, if any, effects on relative prices or real incomes. For the short run, which may be several years, it is likely that some prices will rise more slowly than others and cause income losses. Included in the group of losers are producers of export products.
Volume (Year): 25 (1981)
Issue (Month): 02 (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 0409 032 338
Web page: http://www.aares.info/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nevile, J W, 1980. "Economic Activity and Fiscal Policy in Australia: A Survey and Critique," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 56(155), pages 301-15, December.
- Kenneth W. Clements & Phuong Nguyen, 1980. "Inflation and Relative Prices: The Australian Experience," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp8007, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Dornbusch, Rudiger, 1976. "Expectations and Exchange Rate Dynamics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(6), pages 1161-76, December.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A, 1979. "On the Mark: A Theory of Floating Exchange Rates Based on Real Interest Differentials," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(4), pages 610-22, September.
- Krugman, Paul R., 1978. "Purchasing power parity and exchange rates : Another look at the evidence," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 397-407, August.
- Robinson, K.L., 1979. "The Distributional Consequences of Recent Inflation," Staff Papers 183728, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Griffith, Garry R., 1974. "Sydney Meat Marketing Margins - An Econometric Analysis," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 42(04), December.
- Swan, Peter L, 1978. "The Mathews Report on Business Taxation," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 54(145), pages 1-16, April.
- Davis, D.C. & Mullen, John D. & Bryant, M.J., 1979. "Farmer Income and Expenditure Patterns in a Wheat-Sheep Region," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 47(01), April.
- Ryan, James G. & Duncan, Ronald C., 1974. "Effects On Farm Incomes And Rural Labour Of A Relative Increase In Wages," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 18(03), December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:ajaeau:22870. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.