Specification Of Agricultural Supply Functions - Empirical Evidence On Wheat In Southern N.S.W
The implications of alternative disturbance specifications in supply functions have been considered in recent theoretical work but little, if any, empirical evidence has been provided on such specifications. Any empirical investigation of the nature of a supply function disturbance is hampered by considerable uncertainty about the deterministic part of the function. Nevertheless, some progress might be made by considering alternative disturbance specifications in conjunction with a variety of deterministic specifications. Applying this approach to the supply of wheat in southern N.S.W., we find some empirical support for an additive disturbance and, surprisingly, for the use of price, rather than revenue, as an argument In supply functions.
Volume (Year): 22 (1978)
Issue (Month): 02-03 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 0409 032 338
Web page: http://www.aares.info/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Powell, Alan A. & Gruen, Fred H.G., 1966. "Problems in Aggregate Agricultural Supply Analysis; I - The Construction of Time Series for Analysis," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 34(03), September.
- Kym Anderson, 1974.
"Distributed Lags And Barley Acreage Response Analysis,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 18(2), pages 119-132, 08.
- Anderson, Kym, 1974. "Distributed Lags And Barley Acreage Response Analysis," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 18(02), August.
- Anderson, Jock R. & Feder, Gershon, 2007. "Agricultural Extension," Handbook of Agricultural Economics, Elsevier.
- Fisher, Brian S., 1975. "Supply Response In The Wheat-Belt Of South-Eastern Australia: The Impact Of Delivery Quotas On Wheat Plantings," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 19(02), August.
- Turnovsky, Stephen J, 1973. "Production Flexibility, Price Uncertainty and the Behavior of the Competitive Firm," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(2), pages 395-413, June.
- Askari, Hossein & Cummings, John Thomas, 1977. "Estimating Agricultural Supply Response with the Nerlove Model: A Survey," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 18(2), pages 257-92, June.
- Houck, James P., 1976. "Analyzing the Impact of Government Programs on Crop Acreage," Technical Bulletins 158119, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Mizon, Grayham E, 1977. "Inferential Procedures in Nonlinear Models: An Application in a UK Industrial Cross Section Study of Factor Substitution and Returns to Scale," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(5), pages 1221-42, July.
- Turnovsky, Stephen J, 1976. "The Distribution of Welfare Gains from Price Stabilization: The Case of Multiplicative Disturbances," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 17(1), pages 133-48, February.
- Lawrence R. Klein, 1957. "The Estimation of Distributed Lags," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 34, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Houck, James P. & Ryan, Mary E., 1972. "Supply Analysis For Corn In The United States: The Impact Of Changing Government Programs," Staff Papers 13554, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Leech, Dennis, 1975. "Testing the Error Specification in Nonlinear Regression," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 43(4), pages 719-25, July.
- Griffiths, William E., 1971. "Estimation Of Actual Response Coefficients In The Hildreth-Houck Random Coefficient Model," Staff Papers 14275, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:ajaeau:22712. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.