Estimation of Demand Elasticity for Food Commodities in India
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gurushri Swamy & Hans P. Binswanger, 1983. "Flexible Consumer Demand Systems and Linear Estimation: Food in India," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 65(4), pages 675-684.
- J. V. Meenakshi & Ranjan Ray, 1999.
"Regional differences in India's food expenditure pattern: a complete demand systems approach,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(1), pages 47-74.
- Meenakshi, J.V. & Ray, R., 1996. "Regional Differences in India's Food Expenditure Pattern: A Complete Demand Systems Approach," Papers 1996-06, Tasmania - Department of Economics.
- Bouis, Howarth E., 1995. "A food demand system based on demand for characteristics," FCND discussion papers 7, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Madan Mohan Dey & Yolanda T. Garcia & Kumar Praduman & Somying Piumsombun & Muhammad Sirajul Haque & Luping Li & Alias Radam & Athula Senaratne & Nguyen Tri Khiem & Sonny Koeshendrajana, 2008.
"Demand for fish in Asia: a cross-country analysis ,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 52(3), pages 321-338, September.
- Dey, Madan Mohan & Garcia, Yolanda T. & Kumar, Praduman & Piumsombun, Somying & Haque, Muhammad Sirajul & Li, Luping & Radam, Alias & Senaratne, Athula & Khiem, Nguyen Tri & Koeshendrajana, Sonny, 2008. "Demand for fish in Asia: a cross-country analysis," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 52(3), September.
- Shinoj, P. & Mathur, V.C., 2006. "Analysis of Demand for Major Spices in India," Agricultural Economics Research Review, Agricultural Economics Research Association (India), vol. 19(2).
- Blundell, Richard & Pashardes, Panos & Weber, Guglielmo, 1993. "What Do We Learn About Consumer Demand Patterns from Micro Data?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(3), pages 570-597, June.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 312-326, June.
- Per Pinstrup-Andersen & Norha Ruiz de Londoño & Edward Hoover, 1976. "The Impact of Increasing Food Supply on Human Nutrition: Implications for Commodity Priorities in Agricultural Research and Policy," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 58(2), pages 133-142.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:bla:jageco:v:68:y:2017:i:1:p:98-122 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kozicka, Marta & Kalkuhl, Matthias & Saini, Shweta & Brockhaus, Jan, 2014. "Modeling Indian Wheat and Rice Sector Policies," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 169808, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- repec:wbk:wbpubs:28877 is not listed on IDEAS
- Khundrakpam, J. K. & Das, Dipika, 2011. "Monetary Policy and Food Prices in India," MPRA Paper 50904, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Donald A. P. Bundy & Nilanthi de Silva & Susan Horton & Dean T. Jamison & George C. Patton, 2017.
"Disease Control Priorities, Third Edition,"
World Bank Publications,
The World Bank, number 28876, June.
- Hellen Gelband & Prabhat Jha & Rengaswamy Sankaranarayanan & Susan Horton, 2015. "Disease Control Priorities, Third Edition," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 22552.
- Dean T. Jamison & Hellen Gelband & Susan Horton & Prabhat Jha & Ramanan Laxminarayan & Charles N. Mock & Rachel Nugent, 2017. "Disease Control Priorities, Third Edition," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 28877, June.
- repec:sae:smppub:v:6:y:2017:i:1:p:59-81 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:wsi:ccexxx:v:08:y:2017:i:04:n:s2010007817500129 is not listed on IDEAS
- Javier García-Enríquez & Cruz A. Echevarría, 2016. "Consistent Estimation of a Censored Demand System and Welfare Analysis: The 2012 VAT Reform in Spain," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 67(2), pages 324-347, June.
- Rudrani Bhattacharya & Abhijit Sen Gupta, 2015. "Food Inflation in India: Causes and Consequences," Working Papers id:7141, eSocialSciences.
- Srivastava, S.K. & Mathur, V.C. & Sivaramane, N. & Kumar, Ranjit & Hasan, Rooba & Meena, P.C., 2013. "Unravelling Food Basket of Indian Households: Revisiting Underlying Changes and Future Food Demand," Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 68(4).
- Bilgic, Abdulbaki & Yen, Steven T., 2013. "Household food demand in Turkey: A two-step demand system approach," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 267-277.
- Marta Kozicka & Dr Matthias Kalkuhl & Jan Brockhaus, 2015.
"Food Grain Policies in India and Their Implications for Stocks and Fiscal Costs: A Partial Equilibrium Analysis,"
- Marta Kozicka & Matthias Kalkuhl & Jan Brockhaus, 2016. "Food Grain Policies in India and their Implications for Stocks and Fiscal Costs: A Partial Equilibrium Analysis," FOODSECURE Working papers 41, LEI Wageningen UR.
- Rankin Neil & Burger Rulof & Coetzee Wicus & Kreuser Friedrich, 2015. "Income and price elasticities of demand in South Africa: An application of the linear expenditure system," WIDER Working Paper Series 100, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Weber, Regine, 2015. "Welfare Impacts of Rising Food Prices: Evidence from India," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211901, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Rudrani Bhattacharya & Abhijit Sen Gupta, 2017.
"What Role Did Rising Demand Play in Driving Food Prices Up?,"
South Asian Journal of Macroeconomics and Public Finance,
, vol. 6(1), pages 59-81, June.
- Sen Gupta, Abhijit & Bhattacharya, Rudrani, 2016. "What Role Did Rising Demand Play in Driving Food Prices Up?," MPRA Paper 79704, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2017.
- Gadenne, Lucie, 2018. "Do Ration Shop Systems Increase Welfare? Theory and an Application to India," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 1149, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Sumit Mahajan & Alfonso Sousa-Poza & K. Datta, 2015. "Differential effects of rising food prices on Indian households differing in income," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 7(5), pages 1043-1053, October.
- Sen Gupta, Abhijit & Bhattacharya, Rudrani & Rao, Narhari, 2014. "Understanding Food Inflation in India," MPRA Paper 58319, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kumar, Praduman & Joshi, P.K., 2014. "Input Subsidy vs Farm Technology â€” Which is More Important for Agricultural Development?," Agricultural Economics Research Review, Agricultural Economics Research Association (India), vol. 27(1).
More about this item
KeywordsFood demand; Demand elasticity; QUAIDS model; FCDS model; Household food demand; Agricultural and Food Policy; Q11; Q18;
- Q11 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Aggregate Supply and Demand Analysis; Prices
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aerrae:109408. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeraiea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.