The Crash of 1882 and the Bailout of the Paris Bourse
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bazot, Guillaume & Bordo, Michael D. & Monnet, Eric, 2016. "International shocks and the balance sheet of the Bank of France under the classical gold standard," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 87-107.
- Markus K. Brunnermeier & Isabel Schnabel, 2014.
"Bubbles and Central Banks: Historical Perspectives,"
1411, Gutenberg School of Management and Economics, Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz, revised 31 Oct 2014.
- Brunnermeier, Markus K & Schnabel, Isabel, 2015. "Bubbles and Central Banks: Historical Perspectives," CEPR Discussion Papers 10528, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- G. Bazot & M. D. Bordo & E. Monnet, 2014.
"The Price of Stability. The balance sheet policy of the Banque de France and the Gold Standard (1880-1914),"
510, Banque de France.
- Guillaume Bazot & Michael D. Bordo & Eric Monnet, 2014. "The Price of Stability: The balance sheet policy of the Banque de France and the Gold Standard (1880-1914)," NBER Working Papers 20554, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hautcoeur, Pierre-Cyrille & Riva, Angelo & White, Eugene N., 2014.
"Floating a “lifeboat”: The Banque de France and the crisis of 1889,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 104-119.
- Pierre-Cyrille Hautcoeur & Angelo Riva & Eugene N. White, 2014. "Floating a "lifeboat": The Banque de France and the crisis of 1889," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" halshs-01053389, HAL.
- Eugene White & Pierre-Cyrille Hautcoeur & Angelo Riva, 2014. "Floating A “Lifeboat”: The Banque De France And The Crisis Of 1889," Departmental Working Papers 201405, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Pierre-Cyrille Hautcoeur & Angelo Riva & Eugene N. White, 2014. "Floating a "Lifeboat": The Banque de France and the Crisis of 1889," NBER Working Papers 20083, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mishkin, Frederic S. & White, Eugene, 2014.
"Unprecedented actions: the Federal Reserve’s response to the global financial crisis in historical perspective,"
Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute Working Paper
209, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Frederic S. Mishkin & Eugene N. White, 2014. "Unprecedented Actions: The Federal Reserve’s Response to the Global Financial Crisis in Historical Perspective," NBER Working Papers 20737, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Calomiris, Charles W. & Flandreau, Marc & Laeven, Luc, 2016.
"Political foundations of the lender of last resort: A global historical narrative,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 48-65.
- Calomiris, Charles & Flandreau, Marc & Laeven, Luc, 2016. "Political Foundations of the Lender of Last Resort: A Global Historical Narrative," CEPR Discussion Papers 11448, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- RaphaÃ«l Hekimian, 2017. "The French banking sector during the interwar: What lessons can be drawn from the stock market?," EconomiX Working Papers 2017-3, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Riva, Angelo & White, Eugene N., 2011. "Danger on the exchange: How counterparty risk was managed on the Paris exchange in the nineteenth century," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 478-493.
- Jérémy Ducros & Angelo Riva, 2014. "The Lyon Stock Exchange: A Struggle for Survival (1866-1914)," Working Papers halshs-00960528, HAL.
- Stefano Ugolini, 2014. "Comment on: “Floating a “lifeboat”: The Banque de France and the crisis of 1889” by P.C. Hautcoeur, A. Riva, and E.N. White," Post-Print hal-01293759, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsStock market crash; Microstructure; Mutualization of risk; Bailout;
- N23 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:afc:cliome:v:1:y:2007:i:2:p:115-144. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/afcccea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.