The Lewis Model: A 60-Year Retrospective
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Woldu, Thomas & Abebe, Girum & Lamoot, Indra & Minten, Bart, 2013. "Urban food retail in Africa: The case of Addis Ababa, Ethiopia," ESSP working papers 50, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Eswaran, Mukesh & Kotwal, Ashok, 1993. "A theory of real wage growth in LDCs," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 243-269, December.
- Restuccia, Diego & Yang, Dennis Tao & Zhu, Xiaodong, 2008.
"Agriculture and aggregate productivity: A quantitative cross-country analysis,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 234-250, March.
- Diego Restuccia & Dennis Tao Yang & Xiaodong Zhu, 2003. "Agriculture and Aggregate Productivity: A Quantitative Cross-Country Analysis," Working Papers diegor-03-01, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Diego Restuccia & Dennis Tao Yang & Xiaodong Zhu, 2007. "Agriculture and Aggregate Productivity: A Quantitative Cross-Country Analysis," Working Papers e07-3, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Department of Economics.
- John Laitner, 2000. "Structural Change and Economic Growth," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 67(3), pages 545-561.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David Romer & David N. Weil, 1992.
"A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 107(2), pages 407-437.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David Romer & David N. Weil, 1990. "A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 3541, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David Romer & David Weil, 1990. "A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth," Working Papers 1990-24, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Restuccia, Diego & Urrutia, Carlos, 2001. "Relative prices and investment rates," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 93-121, February.
- World Bank, 2009. "Africa Development Indicators 2008-09 : Youth and Employment in Africa--The Potential, the Problem, the Promise," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 12350, May.
- Richard P. C. Brown, 2006. "On Labour Market Dualism In The Lewis Model: A Comment," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 74(3), pages 350-354, June.
- repec:wbk:wbpubs:12349 is not listed on IDEAS
- David N. Weil & Oded Galor, 2000.
"Population, Technology, and Growth: From Malthusian Stagnation to the Demographic Transition and Beyond,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 90(4), pages 806-828, September.
- Oded Galor & David N. Weil, 1999. "Population, Technology, and Growth: From Malthusian Stagnation to the Demographic Transition and Beyond," Working Papers 99-35, Brown University, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kevin S. Nell & Maria M. De Mello, 2019.
"The interdependence between the saving rate and technology across regimes: evidence from South Africa,"
Springer, vol. 56(1), pages 269-300, January.
- Kevin S. Nell & Maria M. De Mello, 2017. "The Interdependence between the Saving Rate and Technology across Regimes: Evidence from South Africa," Working Papers 674, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Savona, Maria & Ciarli, Tommaso, 2019.
"Structural Changes and Sustainability. A Selected Review of the Empirical Evidence,"
Elsevier, vol. 159(C), pages 244-260.
- Maria Savona & Tommaso Ciarli, 2019. "Structural Changes and Sustainability. A Selected Review of the Empirical Evidence," SPRU Working Paper Series 2019-04, SPRU - Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex Business School.
- Kevin S. Nell & Maria M. De Mello, 2015. "Testing Capital Accumulation-Driven Growth Models in a Multiple-Regime Framework: Evidence from South Africa," CEF.UP Working Papers 1501, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Anderson, Kym, 2018. "Structural Transformation to Manufacturing and Services: What Role for Trade?," CEPR Discussion Papers 13351, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Oulton, Nicholas, 2018.
"The UK (and Western) productivity puzzle: does Arthur Lewis hold the key?,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
87394, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Nicholas Oulton, 2018. "The UK (and Western) Productivity Puzzle: Does Arthur Lewis Hold the Key?," Discussion Papers 1809, Centre for Macroeconomics (CFM).
- Jean-Claude BERTHELEMY, 2018.
"Exits from the Poverty Trap and Growth Accelerations in a Dual Economy Model,"
- Jean-Claude Berthélemy, 2018. "Exits from the Poverty Trap and Growth Accelerations in a Dual Economy Model," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01881333, HAL.
- Jean-Claude BERTHELEMY, 2018. "Exits from the Poverty Trap and Growth Accelerations in a Dual Economy Model," Working Papers P234, FERDI.
- Jean-Claude BERTHELEMY, 2017. "Dualism, Poverty Exits and Growth Accelerations," Working Papers 4301, FERDI.
- Liu, Yanyan & Violette, William & Barrett, Christopher B., 2016. "Structural transformation and intertemporal evolution of real wages, machine use, and farm sizeâ€“productivity relationships in Vietnam:," IFPRI discussion papers 1525, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Gordon Menzies, 2018. "A Synthesis of the Lewis Development Model and Neoclassical Trade Models," Working Paper Series 46, Economics Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Jonathan Temple & Huikang Ying, 2014. "Life During Structural Transformation," Bristol Economics Discussion Papers 14/650, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK, revised 08 Dec 2014.
- Barker, Tom & Üngör, Murat, 2019. "Vietnam: The next asian Tiger?," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 96-118.
- Prema-chandra Athukorala & Zheng Wei, 2015. "Economic Transition and Labour Market Dynamics in China: An Interpretative Survey of the ‘Turning Point’ Debate," Departmental Working Papers 2015-06, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Manuel Agosin, 2017. "A Model of Diversification and Growth in Developing Economies," Working Papers wp455, University of Chile, Department of Economics.
- McCullough, Ellen B., 2017.
"Labor productivity and employment gaps in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 133-152.
- McCullough,Ellen B., 2015. "Labor productivity and employment gaps in Sub-Saharan Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7234, The World Bank.
- Junankar, Pramod N. (Raja), 2019. "Monetary Policy, Growth and Employment in Developing Areas: A Review of the Literature," IZA Discussion Papers 12197, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Chuhan-Pole Punam & Francisco H.G. Ferreira, "undated". "Africa's Pulse, October 2014," World Bank Other Operational Studies 20870, The World Bank.
- repec:bla:jecsur:v:32:y:2018:i:2:p:420-439 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- B31 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought: Individuals - - - Individuals
- O10 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
- O40 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:jecper:v:28:y:2014:i:3:p:71-88. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.