Market Reasoning as Moral Reasoning: Why Economists Should Re-engage with Political Philosophy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Frey, Bruno S & Oberholzer-Gee, Felix & Eichenberger, Reiner, 1996. "The Old Lady Visits Your Backyard: A Tale of Morals and Markets," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(6), pages 1297-1313, December.
- Frey, Bruno S & Oberholzer-Gee, Felix, 1997. "The Cost of Price Incentives: An Empirical Analysis of Motivation Crowding-Out," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 746-755.
- Howard Kunreuther & Doug Easterling, 1996. "The role of compensation in siting hazardous facilities," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(4), pages 601-622.
- David de la Croix & Axel Gosseries, 2007.
"Procreation, Migration and Tradable Quotas,"
Chapters,in: Population Aging, Intergenerational Transfers and the Macroeconomy, chapter 9
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- DE LA CROIX, David & GOSSERIES, Axel, 2006. "Procreation, migration and tradable quotas," CORE Discussion Papers 2006098, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- David, DE LA CROIX & Axel, GOSSERIES, 2006. "Procreation, migration and tradable quotas," Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) 2006056, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Timothy Besley, 2013.
"What's the Good of the Market? An Essay on Michael Sandel's What Money Can't Buy,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, pages 478-495.
- Kym Anderson & Gordon Rausser & Johan Swinnen, 2012. "Political Economy of Public Policies: Insights from Distortions to Agricultural and Food Markets," Departmental Working Papers 2012-18, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Kym Anderson & Gordon Rausser & Johan Swinnen, 2012. "Political Economy of Public Policies: Insights from Distortions to Agricultural and Food Markets," LICOS Discussion Papers 32312, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Anderson, Kym & Rausser, Gordon & Swinnen, Johan, 2012. "Political Economy of Public Policies: Insights from Distortions to Agricultural and Food Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 9221, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Anderson, Kym & Rausser, Gordon & Swinnen, Johan, 2013. "Political economy of public policies : insights from distortions to agricultural and food markets," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6433, The World Bank.
- Janssen, Maarten C. W. & Mendys-Kamphorst, Ewa, 2004. "The price of a price: on the crowding out and in of social norms," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 377-395, November.
- Frey, Bruno S & Jegen, Reto, 2001. " Motivation Crowding Theory," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(5), pages 589-611, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:143:y:2018:i:c:p:286-293 is not listed on IDEAS
- Herrmann-Pillath, Carsten, 2015. "Energy, growth, and evolution: Towards a naturalistic ontology of economics," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 432-442.
- Yew-Kwang NG, 2016. "Extending Economic Analysis to Analyze Policy Issues More Broadly," Economic Growth Centre Working Paper Series 1609, Nanyang Technological University, School of Social Sciences, Economic Growth Centre.
- repec:spr:sochwe:v:49:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s00355-017-1058-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vipul Bhatt & Masao Ogaki & Yuichi Yaguchi, 2014.
"A Reformulation of Normative Economics for Models with Endogenous Preferences,"
IMES Discussion Paper Series
14-E-02, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan.
- Vipul Bhatt & Masao Ogaki & Yuichi Yaguchi, 2015. "A Reformulation of Normative Economics for Models with Endogenous Preferences," UTokyo Price Project Working Paper Series 049, University of Tokyo, Graduate School of Economics.
- Strunz, Sebastian & Klauer, Bernd & Ring, Irene & Schiller, Johannes, 2014. "Between Scylla and Charybdis: On the place of economic methods and concepts within ecological economics," UFZ Discussion Papers 26/2014, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ), Division of Social Sciences (ÖKUS).
- Jordi Brandts & Arno Riedl, 2015. "Market Interaction and Efficient Cooperation," Working Papers 868, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Sandmo, Agnar, 2014. "The Market in Economics: Behavioural Assumptions and Value Judgments," Discussion Paper Series in Economics 12/2014, Department of Economics, Norwegian School of Economics.
- Konow, James, 2016. "Does Studying Ethics Affect Moral Views? An Application to Distributive Justice," MPRA Paper 75377, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Brandts J. & Riedl A.M., 2016. "Market competition and efficient cooperation," Research Memorandum 006, Maastricht University, Graduate School of Business and Economics (GSBE).
More about this item
- A13 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Social Values
- B41 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - Economic Methodology
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:jecper:v:27:y:2013:i:4:p:121-40. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.