The Link from Graduate Education in Economics to the Labor Market
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hansen, W Lee, 1991. "The Education and Training of Economics Doctorates: Major Findings of the Executive Secretary of the American Economic Association's Commission on Graduate Education in Economics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 29(3), pages 1054-1087, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bruno Frey, 2006. "How Influential is Economics?," De Economist, Springer, vol. 154(2), pages 295-311, June.
- Bruno S. Frey, 2000. "Was Bewirkt die Volkswirtschaftslehre?," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 1(1), pages 5-33, February.
- M. Tcha & H. Ahammad & Y. Qiang, 2000. "What Future Australian Professors in Economics and Business Think: Results from twin surveys of PhD students," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 00-16, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Wim P. M. Vijverberg, 1997. "The quantitative methods component in social sciences curricula in view of journal content," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(4), pages 621-629.
- William J. Polley, 2015. "The Rhetoric of Opportunity Cost," The American Economist, Sage Publications, vol. 60(1), pages 9-19, May.
- S.M. Naseem & S.K. Qureshi & Rehana Siddiqui, 1998.
"Conditions of Teaching and Research in Economics: Some Preliminary Findings,"
The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 37(4), pages 453-478.
- S. M. NASEEM & Sarfraz K. QURESHI & Rehana SIDDIQUI, 1999. "Conditions of Teaching and Research in Economics some Preliminary Findings," PIDE-Working Papers 1999:176, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Colander, David, 2003.
"The Aging of an Economist,"
Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(2), pages 157-176, June.
- Polimeni, John M., 2004. "Graduate education in ecological economics," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(3-4), pages 287-293, December.
- Gabriel Misas Arango, 2004. "El campo de la economÃa y la formaciÃ³n de los economistas," Revista Cuadernos de EconomÃa, Universidad Nacional de Colombia -FCE - CID, June.
- Mangematin, V., 2000. "PhD job market: professional trajectories and incentives during the PhD," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 741-756, June.
- M. Fourcade & E. Ollion & Y. Algan., 2015.
"The Superiority of Economists,"
VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 7.
- Fourcade, Marion & Ollion, Etienne & Algan, Yann, 2014. "The superiority of economists," MaxPo Discussion Paper Series 14/3, Max Planck Sciences Po Center on Coping with Instability in Market Societies (MaxPo).
- Marion Fourcade & Etienne Ollion & Yann Algan, 2015. "The Superiority of Economists," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/67ft27s7u58, Sciences Po.
- Daniel Sutter, 2009. "The Market, the Firm, and the Economics Profession," American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 68(5), pages 1041-1061, November.
- David Neumark & Rosella Gardecki, 1998.
"Women Helping Women? Role Model and Mentoring Effects on Female Ph.D. Students in Economics,"
Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 33(1), pages 220-246.
- David Neumark & Rosella Gardecki, 1996. "Women Helping Women? Role-Model and Mentoring Effects on Female Ph.D. Student in Economics," NBER Working Papers 5733, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Garcia, Philip & Nelson, Carl H., 2003. "Engaging Students In Research: The Use Of Structured Professional Dialogue," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 21894, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Adriano Codato & Marco Cavalieri & Renato Perissinotto & Eric Gil Dantas, 2016. "Economic mainstream and power: a profile analysis of Central Bank directors during PSDB and PT governments in Brazil [Economic mainstream and power: a profile analysis of Central Bank directors during," Nova Economia, Economics Department, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais (Brazil), vol. 26(3), pages 687-720, September.
- Janet T. Knoedler & Daniel A. Underwood, 2004. "La enseñanza de los Principios de Economía: propuesta para un enfoque multiparadigmático," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 6(11), pages 39-72, July-Dece.
- R. Karl Rethemeyer & Natalie C. Helbig, 2005. "By the numbers: Assessing the nature of quantitative preparation in public policy, public administration, and public affairs doctoral education," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(1), pages 179-191.
- Susan M. Collins, 2000. "Minority Groups in the Economics Profession," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(2), pages 133-148, Spring.
More about this item
- J44 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Professional Labor Markets and Occupations
- A11 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Role of Economics; Role of Economists
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:jecper:v:13:y:1999:i:3:p:147-151. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Michael P. Albert (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.