Discrimination in Grading
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Coate, Stephen & Loury, Glenn C, 1993.
"Will Affirmative-Action Policies Eliminate Negative Stereotypes?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 83(5), pages 1220-1240, December.
- Coate, S. & Loury, G.C., 1992. "Will Affirmative Action Policies Eliminate Negative Stereotypes?," Papers 3, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Banerjee, Biswajit & Knight, J. B., 1985. "Caste discrimination in the Indian urban labour market," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 277-307, April.
- Banerjee, Abhijit & Bertrand, Marianne & Datta, Saugato & Mullainathan, Sendhil, 2009. "Labor market discrimination in Delhi: Evidence from a field experiment," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 14-27, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lavy, Victor & Sand, Edith, 2015.
"On The Origins of Gender Human Capital Gaps: Short and Long Term Consequences of Teachers’ Stereotypical Biases,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
1085, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Victor Lavy & Edith Sand, 2015. "On The Origins of Gender Human Capital Gaps: Short and Long Term Consequences of Teachers’ Stereotypical Biases," NBER Working Papers 20909, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lavy, Victor & Sand, Edith, 2015. "On The Origins of Gender Human Capital Gaps: Short and Long Term Consequences of Teachers Stereotypical Biases," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 254, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Richard Chisik, 2015.
"Job market signalling, stereotype threat and counter-stereotypical behaviour,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 48(1), pages 155-188, February.
- Richard Chisik, 2010. "Job Market Signalling, Stereotype Threat, and Counter-Stereotypical Behavior," Working Papers 024, Ryerson University, Department of Economics, revised Oct 2013.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:103:y:2018:i:c:p:1-13 is not listed on IDEAS
- Karachiwalla, Naureen, 2013. "A teacher unlike me: Social distance, learning, and intergenerational mobility in developing countries," MPRA Paper 64439, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 22 May 2015.
- James C. Cox & Vjollca Sadiraj & Urmimala Sen, 2017. "Cultural Identities and Resolution of Social Dilemmas," Experimental Economics Center Working Paper Series 2017-08, Experimental Economics Center, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Terrier, Camille, 2015. "Giving a little help to girls? evidence on grade discrimination and its effect on students' achievement," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 61696, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Di Liberto, Adriana & Casula, Laura, 2016.
"Teacher Assessments versus Standardized Tests: Is Acting "Girly" an Advantage?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
10458, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- L. Casula & A. Di Liberto, 2017. "Teacher assessments versus standardized tests: is acting "girly" an advantage?," Working Paper CRENoS 201701, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Jenifer Ruiz-Valenzuela, 2015. "Job Loss at Home: Children's School Performance During the Great Recession in Spain," CEP Discussion Papers dp1364, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Holt, Stephen B. & Papageorge, Nicholas W., 2016. "Who believes in me? The effect of student–teacher demographic match on teacher expectationsAuthor-Name: Gershenson, Seth," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 209-224.
- repec:eee:ecoedu:v:60:y:2017:i:c:p:86-96 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gershenson, Seth & Holt, Stephen B. & Papageorge, Nicholas W., 2015.
"Who Believes in Me? The Effect of Student-Teacher Demographic Match on Teacher Expectations,"
IZA Discussion Papers
9202, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Seth Gershenson & Stephen B. Holt & Nicholas Papageorge, 2015. "Who Believes in Me? The Effect of Student-Teacher Demographic Match on Teacher Expectations," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 15-231, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Camille Terrier, 2015. "Giving a Little Help to Girls? Evidence on Grade Discrimination and its Effect on Students' Achievement," CEP Discussion Papers dp1341, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Ruiz-Valenzuela, Jenifer, 2015. "Job loss at home: children’s school performanceduring the Great Recession in Spain," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 63804, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Subha Mani & Saurabh Singhal & Smriti Sharma & Utteeyo Dasgupta, 2016. "Caste differences in behaviour and personality Evidence from India," WIDER Working Paper Series 060, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Méon, Pierre-Guillaume & Tojerow, Ilan, 2016.
"In God We Learn? Religions' Universal Messages, Context-Specific Effects, and Minority Status,"
IZA Discussion Papers
10077, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Pierre-Guillaume Méon & Ilan Tojerow, 2016. "In God We Learn? Religions’ Universal Messages, Context-Specific Effects, and Minority Status," Working Papers CEB 2013/233535, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Girard, Victoire, 2018.
"Don’t Touch My Road. Evidence from India on Affirmative Action And Everyday Discrimination,"
Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 1-13.
- Victoire GIRARD, 2016. "Don't Touch My Road. Evidence from India on Affirmative Action and Everyday Discrimination," LEO Working Papers / DR LEO 2440, Orleans Economics Laboratory / Laboratoire d'Economie d'Orleans (LEO), University of Orleans.
- Amy Ellen Schwartz & Douglas Almond & Ajin Lee, 2016. "Retention Heterogeneity in New York City Schools," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 198, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
More about this item
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- J13 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Fertility; Family Planning; Child Care; Children; Youth
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- O17 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Formal and Informal Sectors; Shadow Economy; Institutional Arrangements
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
- Discrimination in Grading (AEJ:EP 2012) in ReplicationWiki
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aejpol:v:4:y:2012:i:4:p:146-68. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.