Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple (last 10 years), Recursive (10), Discounted (10), Recursive discounted (10), H-Index (10), Aggregate (10)
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57| 58| 59| 60
1988, Volume 26, Issue 8
- 803-827 Schistosomiasis in Ethiopia
by Kloos, Helmut & Tsong Lo, Chin & Birrie, Hailu & Ayele, Teklemariam & Tedla, Shibru & Tsegay, Fekade
- 829-838 Psychological distress, perceived health status, and physician utilization in America and west Germany
by Cockerham, William C. & Kunz, Gerhard & Lueschen, Guenther
- 839-843 Childhood accidents, family size and birth order
by Bijur, Polly E. & Golding, Jean & Kurzon, Matthew
- 845-851 The distribution of health needs and services in south Africa
by Botha, J.L. & Bradshaw, D. & Gonin, R. & Yach, D.
- 853-861 Holistic physicians and family practitioners: Similarities, differences and implications for health policy
by Goldstein, Michael S. & Sutherland, Carol & Jaffe, Dennis T. & Wilson, Josie
- 863-873 Methodological issues in social support and social network research
by O'Reilly, Patrick
1988, Volume 26, Issue 7
- 677-683 Health and the social power of women
by MacCormack, Carol P.
- 685-689 Choosing alternative medicine: A comparison of the beliefs of patients visiting a general practitioner and a homoeopath
by Furnham, Adrian & Smith, Chris
- 691-699 Doctors dispensing medications: Contemporary India and 19th century England
by Kapil, Iris
- 701-713 Maternal and sociodemographic correlates of child morbidity in Bas Zaire: The effects of maternal reporting
by Tsui, Amy Ong & DeClerque, Julia & Mangani, Nlandu
- 715-725 Information for decision makers at hospital laboratory level: An example of a graphical method of representing costs and effects for a replacement automated technology in a haematology laboratory
by Szczepura, A. K. & Stilwell, J. A.
- 727-735 Adolescent pregnancy in Africa: A programmatic focus
by Kulin, Howard E.
- 737-749 Structural characteristics of social networks and their relationship with social support in the elderly: Who provides support
by Seeman, Teresa E. & Berkman, Lisa F.
- 751-760 Life-history correlates of environmental tobacco smoke: A study on nonsmoking Hong Kong Chinese wives with smoking versus nonsmoking husbands
by Koo, Linda C. & Ho, John H-C. & Rylander, Ragnar
- 761-768 Swedish physicians' perspectives on work and the medical care system--III: Private practitioners on the public system
by Twaddle, Andrew C.
- 769-769 Letter to the editor
by Greiner, Ted
1988, Volume 26, Issue 6
- 557-582 The political economy of health care: Colonial Namibia 1915-1961
by Gottschalk, Keith
- 583-585 Offering patients a choice of surgery for early breast cancer: A reduction in anxiety and depression in patients and their husbands
by Morris, Jenny & Royle, G. T.
- 587-595 Models of mystery: Physician and patient perceptions of sudden infant death syndrome
by Wright, Anne L.
- 597-604 A study of costs and behavioral outcomes of menstrual regulation services in Bangladesh
by Kay, Bonnie J. & Kabir, Sandra M.
- 605-612 Maternal employment and child nutrition in Panama
by Tucker, Katherine & Sanjur, Diva
- 613-618 Values and vocational choice: A study of value differences in medical, nursing and psychology students
by Furnham, Adrian
- 619-623 Women in search of stability
by Bailey, Wilma & Wynter, Hugh & Lee, Amy
- 625-633 Cognitive appraisals in cancer patients
by Jenkins, Richard A. & Pargament, Kenneth I.
- 635-639 Breastfeeding and cognitive development in the first 2 years of life
by Morrow-Tlucak, Mary & Haude, Richard H. & Ernhart, Claire B.
- 641-649 Jakarta kampung morbidity variations: Some policy implications
by Lenz, Ralph
- 651-657 Ethno-ophthalmology in the Egyptian delta: An historical systems approach to ethnomedicine in the Middle East
by Inhorn Millar, Marcia & Lane, Sandra D.
- 659-671 Are subarctic Indians undergoing the epidemiologic transition
by Kue Young, T.
1988, Volume 26, Issue 5
- 485-489 Worksite health promotion: The social context
by Conrad, Peter
- 491-501 Corporate characteristics and worksite health promotion programs: Survey findings from fortune 500 companies
by Hollander, Roberta B. & Lengermann, Joseph J.
- 503-514 Formal intervention in employee health: Comparisons of the nature and structure of employee assistance programs and health promotion programs
by Roman, Paul M. & Blum, Terry C.
- 515-523 Changing health practices: The experience from a worksite health promotion project
by Kronenfeld, Jennie J. & Jackson, Kirby L. & Davis, Keith E. & Blair, Steven N.
- 525-535 Gender differences in worksite health promotion activities
by Spilman, M. A.
- 537-543 The effects of a worksite health promotion program on the wives of fire fighters
by Zimmerman, Rick S. & Gerace, Terence A. & Smith, John C. & Benezra, Julio
- 545-550 Health and fitness at work: A participants' perspective
by Conrad, Peter
- 551-558 Workplace wellness participation and the becoming of self
by Kotarba, Joseph A. & Bentley, Pamela
- 559-567 The ideological construction of risk: An analysis of corporate health promotion programs in the 1980s
by Alexander, Jacqui
- 569-575 Toward a sociology of worksite health promotion: A few reactions and reflections
by Walsh, Diana Chapman
1988, Volume 26, Issue 4
- 393-399 Physicians and chronic impairment: A study of ophthalmologists' interactions with visually impaired and blind patients
by Greenblatt, Susan L.
- 401-407 Religious values, practices and pregnancy outcomes: A comparison of the impact of sect and mainstream christian affiliation
by Najman, J. M. & Williams, G. M. & Keeping, J. D. & Morrison, J. & Anderson, M. J.
- 409-416 Pharmacies as alternative sources of medical care: The case of Cincinnati
by Selya, Roger Mark
- 417-424 The metaphorical nature of drugs and drug taking
by Montagne, Michael
- 425-434 Evaluating the impact of medical treatment on the quality of life: A 5-year update
by Hollandsworth, James G.
- 435-441 The economy of time in general practice: An assessment of the influence of list size
by Calnan, Michael & Butler, J. R.
- 443-450 Self-evaluations of factors promoting and disturbing sleep: An epidemiological survey in Finland
by Urponen, Helka & Vuori, Ilkka & Hasan, Joel & Partinen, Markku
- 451-462 Fluoride and flouridation
by Smith, Geoffrey E.
- 463-465 Do health beliefs predict health behaviour? A follow-up analysis of breast self-examination
by Calnan, Michael & Rutter, D. R.
- 467-475 Work dynamics in family care of hemophilic children
by Oremland, Evelyn K.
- 477-483 Psychotropic drug use in a Swedish community-- The importance of demographic and socioeconomic factors
by Isacson, Dag & Haglund, Bengt
1988, Volume 26, Issue 3
- 279-291 Stress research: Its present status and issues for future developments
by Vingerhoets, A. J. J. M. & Marcelissen, F. H. G.
- 293-302 Stress, salt and hypertension
by Henry, James P.
- 303-307 Aerobic fitness and the physiological stress response: A critical evaluation
by van Doornen, L. J. P. & de Geus, E. J. C. & Orlebeke, J. F.
- 309-317 The relationship between coping and emotion: Implications for theory and research
by Folkman, Susan & Lazarus, Richard S.
- 319-325 Life events, combat stress reaction and post-traumatic stress disorder
by Solomon, Zahava & Flum, Hanoch
- 327-332 Disclosure of traumas and psychosomatic processes
by Pennebaker, James W. & Susman, Joan R.
- 333-341 Chronic stress and sympathetic-adrenal medullary responsiveness
by McCarty, Richard & Horwatt, Karin & Konarska, Maria
- 343-350 Migraine and defense mechanisms: Psychophysiological relationships in young females
by Passchier, J. & Goudswaard, P. & Orlebeke, J. F. & Verhage, F.
- 351-358 Stress-coping in migraine
by Sorbi, Marjolijn & Tellegen, Bert
- 359-364 Changing health behaviour outcomes in asthmatic patients: A pilot intervention study
by Maes, S. & Schlösser, M.
- 365-373 Social support and occupational stress: A causal analysis
by Marcelissen, Frans H. G. & Winnubst, Jacques A. M. & Buunk, Bram & de Wolff, Charles J.
- 375-380 Investigating the frequency of nursing stressors: A comparison across wards
by Dewe, Philip J.
- 381-392 On the nature of social stress: Production of a modern mythology
by Pollock, Kristian
1988, Volume 26, Issue 2
- 201-208 Living arrangements and women's health
by Anson, Ofra
- 209-213 Intestinal helminthiases in relation to the socioeconomic environment of Panamanian children
by Holland, Celia V. & Taren, Douglas L. & Crompton, D. W. T. & Nesheim, M. C. & Sanjur, Diva & Barbeau, Irma & Tucker, Katharine & Tiffany, Jean & Rivera, Gloria
- 215-221 Transformations of maps to investigate clusters of disease
by Selvin, S. & Merrill, D. & Schulman, J. & Sacks, S. & Bedell, L. & Wong, L.
- 223-233 National health interview surveys for health care policy
by Kars-Marshall, Cri & Spronk-Boon, Yvonne W. & Pollemans, Marjan C.
- 235-242 Physical disability and social liminality: A study in the rituals of adversity
by Murphy, Robert F. & Scheer, Jessica & Murphy, Yolanda & Mack, Richard
- 243-251 Smoking and the female professions: Pre-occupational influences on the behaviour of recruits to nursing and teaching
by Elkind, Andrea Knopf
- 253-258 Mortality in children among the Aymara Indians of Southern Peru
by de Meer, Kees
- 259-264 Coffee drinking among Finnish youth
by Hemminki, Elina & Rahkonen, Ossi & Rimpelä, Arja & Rimpelä, Matti
- 265-268 Immunization coverage of children in a semi-urban village panchayat in Nepal, 1985
by Ahluwalia, Indu B. & Helgerson, Steven D. & Bia, Frank J.
- 269-276 Violent deaths among Mexican-, Puerto Rican- and Cuban-born migrants in the United States
by Shai, Donna & Rosenwaike, Ira
1988, Volume 26, Issue 1
- 1-1 Foreword
by Earickson, Robert
- 3-4 Introduction
by Greenberg, Michael
- 5-13 Time-space clustering of Vibrio cholerae 01 in Matlab, Bangladesh, 1970-1982
by Craig, Marian
- 15-24 Regional development and seasonality of communicable diseases in rural Andhra Pradesh, India
by Bhardwaj, Surinder M. & Rao, Madhusudana N.
- 25-36 What does distance matter? Leprosy control in West Nepal
by Pearson, Maggie
- 37-47 Privatising residential care for elderly people: The geography of developments in Devon, England
by Phillips, D.R. & Vincent, J.
- 49-54 Migration and morbidity: Implications for geographical studies of disease
by Bentham, Graham
- 55-70 Monitoring and predicting community mental health centre utilization in Auckland, New Zealand
by Hall, G.Brent
- 71-78 Obstetric care in the Netherlands: Regional differentiation in home delivery
by Hingstman, L. & Boon, H.
- 79-89 The epidemiology of primary acute pancreatitis in greater Nottingham: 1969-1983
by Giggs, J.A. & Bourke, J.B. & Katschinski, B.
- 91-100 The comparison of health care systems through regional analysis: The case of hospital admissions in Belgium and The Netherlands
by Groenewegen, Peter P. & Van Der Zee, Jouke
- 101-110 Regional and welfare perspectives on the public-private hospital dichotomy in New Zealand
by Joseph, Alun E. & Flynn, Helen
- 111-117 DRG calculation and utilization patterns: A review of method and policy
by Scarpaci, Joseph L.
- 119-129 A geographic regression model for medical statistics
by Kennedy, Susan
- 131-140 Carrier models for the simulation of Hodgkin's disease: A review with some extensions
by Thomas, R.W.
- 141-151 Display of small-area variation in health-related data: A methodology using resistant statistics
by Breckenridge, Mary B. & Tallia, Alfred F. & Like, Robert C.
- 153-161 An hierarchical location-allocation model for primary health care delivery in a developing area
by Hodgson, M.J.
- 163-171 A hybrid fleet model for emergency medical service system design
by Bianchi, Geoffrey & Church, Richard L.
- 173-178 Health education and baseline data: Issues and strategies in nutrition campaigning
by Moon, Graham & Twigg, Liz
- 179-186 Linking the geographical, the medical and the political in analysing health care delivery systems
by Rosenberg, M.W.
- 187-199 Private property and public health reform in England 1830-1870
by Kearns, Gerry
1987, Volume 25, Issue 12
- 1259-1267 Social policy and professional self-interest: Physician responses to DRGS
by Notman, Mark & Howe, Kenneth R. & Rittenberg, William & Bridgham, Robert & Holmes, Margaret M. & Rovner, David R.
- 1269-1276 Surgical birth: Interpretations of cesarean delivery among private hospital patients and nursing staff
by Sargent, Carolyn & Stark, Nancy
- 1277-1287 A case study of the interaction between indigenous and Western medicine among the Pokot of Kenya
by Nyamwaya, David
- 1289-1299 Genital chlamydial infection: A role for social scientists
by Millar, Marcia Inhorn
- 1301-1306 The bureaucratic context of international health: A social scientist's view
by Justice, Judith
- 1307-1320 Historical review of the changing pattern of infant feeding in developing countries: The case of Malaysia, the Caribbean, Nigeria and Zaire
by King, Jean & Ashworth, Ann
- 1321-1327 Predicting low birthweight and complicated labor in urban black women: A biopsychosocial perspective
by Reeb, Kenneth G. & Graham, Antonnette V. & Zyzanski, Stephen J. & Kitson, Gay C.
- 1329-1329 Fluoridation
by Walker, Glen S. R.
1987, Volume 25, Issue 11
- 1183-1187 Health insurance coverage of the working poor
by Berk, Marc L. & Wilensky, Gail R.
- 1189-1196 Non-attendance at outpatient clinics at the regional hospital, Galway, Ireland
by Cawley, Mary E. & Stevens, Fiona M.
- 1197-1203 The assessment of patients' distress in Genito-Urinary Medicine Clinics
by Fitzpatrick, R. & Ikkos, G. & Frost, D. & Nazeer, S.
- 1205-1211 Utility of the health belief model in examining medication compliance among psychiatric outpatients
by Kelly, Gerard R. & Mamon, Joyce A. & Scott, Jack E.
- 1213-1218 Theoretical tensions in biopsychosocial medicine
by Armstrong, David
- 1219-1224 Adapting to the unemployed role: A longitudinal investigation
by Warr, Peter & Jackson, Paul
- 1225-1234 Uses of formal and informal knowledge in the comprehension of instructions for oral rehydration therapy in Kenya
by Eisemon, Thomas O. & Patel, Vimla L. & Sena, Sarone Ole
- 1235-1248 Dimensions of patient control in a free-standing birth center
by Annandale, Ellen C.
- 1249-1255 Family medicine and psychosocial knowledge: How many hats can the family doctor wear?
by Gropper, Michael
1987, Volume 25, Issue 10
- 1073-1081 Population mobility and disease transmission: The example of guinea worm
by Watts, Susan J.
- 1083-1094 Improving the geographical accessibility of health care in rural areas: A Nigerian case study
by Ayeni, Bola & Rushton, Gerard & McNulty, Michael L.
- 1095-1104 Psychological research and chronic low back pain: A stand-still or breakthrough?
by Schmidt, Anton J. M. & Arntz, Arnoud
- 1105-1110 The influence of traditional medicine in shaping medical care practices in Vietnam today
by Ladinsky, Judith L. & Volk, Nancy D. & Robinson, Margaret
- 1111-1120 The dilemma of osteopathic physicians and the rationalization of medical practice
by Eckberg, Douglas Lee
- 1121-1127 An ecological study of the relationship between risk indicators for social disintegration and use of a somatic emergency department
by Andrén, Kjerstin Genell & Rosenqvist, Urban
- 1129-1137 Patient-doctor communication on smoking and drinking: Lifestyle in medical consultations
by Larsson, Ullabeth Sätterlund & Säljö, Roger & Aronsson, Karin
- 1139-1146 The pneumatic theory of female Warao herbalists
by Wilbert, Werner
- 1147-1155 Ethnomedical treatment of children's diarrheal illness in the highlands of Equador
by McKee, Lauris
- 1157-1162 Inside out: Women's world view and family health in an Ecuadorian Indian community
by Finerman, Ruthbeth
- 1163-1173 Women and health care on a Guatemalan plantation
by Cosminsky, Sheila
- 1175-1176 Letter to the editor
by Tainsh, A. Ramsay
1987, Volume 25, Issue 9
- 969-979 Heart disease and the cultural construction of time: The type A behaviour pattern as a western culture-bound syndrome
by Helman, Cecil G.
- 981-986 Variation in lifestyle characteristics and catecholamine excretion rates among young Western Samoan men
by James, Gary D. & Baker, Paul T. & Jenner, David A. & Ainsworth Harrison, G.
- 987-993 Folk flu and viral syndrome: An epidemiological perspective
by McCombie, S. C.
- 995-1002 The revenue generating potential of user fees in Kenyan government health facilities
by Ellis, Randall P.
- 1003-1019 Illness and health behaviour in Addis Ababa and rural central Ethiopia
by Kloos, Helmut & Etea, Alemayehu & Degefa, Assefa & Aga, Hundessa & Solomon, Berhanu & Abera, Kabede & Abegaz, Abebe & Belemo, Geto
- 1021-1025 Coping and social activity patterns among relatives of cancer patients
by Häggmark, Caroline & Theorell, Töres & Ek, Bengt
- 1027-1032 The criminal justice/mental health system and the mentally retarded, mentally ill defendant
by Williams, Wright & Spruill, Jean
- 1033-1038 Guidelines for maintenance treatment of childhood asthma: Development of a score card system by multivariate cluster analysis
by Donnelly, W. J. & Donnelly, J. E. & Thong, Y. H.
- 1039-1048 Bureaucratic aspects of international health agencies
by Foster, George M.
- 1049-1055 Assessing social support in elderly adults
by Weinberger, Morris & Hiner, Sharon L. & Tierney, William M.
- 1057-1062 Coping resources and health responses among men and women medical students
by Grossman, Hildreth Y. & Salt, Patricia & Nadelson, Carol & Notman, Malkah
- 1063-1068 An analysis of medical students' residency and specialty choices
by Taggart, Mary P. & Wartman, Steven A. & Wessen, Albert F.
1987, Volume 25, Issue 8
- 867-874 Recurrent cost and public health care delivery: The other war in El Salvador
by Fiedler, John L.
- 875-881 Price, policy and consumption of tobacco: The Finnish experience
by Pekurinen, Markku & Valtonen, Hannu
- 883-888 Health status and medical expenditures: More evidence of a link
by Wolfe, Barbara & Gabay, Mary
- 889-894 Intra-urban variations of neonatal and post-neonatal mortality in a developing city
by Rip, Michael R. & Keen, Cecil S. & Woods, David L.
- 895-903 Epidemiology and community health: A strained connection?
by Burrage, Hilary
- 905-910 The Nottingham health profile: A useful tool for epidemiologists?
by Kind, Paul & Carr-Hill, Roy
- 911-919 Undergraduate medical education in underdeveloped countries: The case of Pakistan
by Zaidi, S. Akbar
- 921-922 Anthropology and prevention in north America: An introduction
by Ames, Genevieve M. & Janes, Craig R.
- 923-930 Primary prevention: A new look at basic concepts
by Wallack, Lawrence & Winkleby, Marilyn
- 931-940 A suicide prevention program for Hopi youth
by Levy, Jerrold E. & Kunitz, Stephen J.
- 941-947 Prevention of mental disorder among hmong refugees in the U.S.: Lessons from the period 1976-1986
by Westermeyer, Joseph
- 949-960 Heavy and problem drinking in an American blue-collar population: Implications for prevention
by Ames, Genevieve M. & Janes, Craig R.
- 961-966 Health promotion talk in family practice encounters
by Freeman, Sarah H.
1987, Volume 25, Issue 7
- 765-772 Clinical relevance of grief and mourning among Cambodian refugees
by Boehnlein, James K.
- 773-781 A critical review of international mortality data
by Murray, Christopher J. L.
- 783-791 Communities, obligations and health-care
by Loewy, Erich H.
- 793-801 Some aspects of birth seasonality in Kenya
by Ferguson, Alan G.
- 803-811 Availability, accessibility, acceptability, and adaptibility: Four attributes of African ethno-medicine
by Anyinam, Charles
- 813-824 Religion and differences in morbidity and mortality
by Jarvis, George K. & Northcott, Herbert C.
- 825-831 Heavy users of an emergency department--A two year follow-up study
by Andrén, Kjerstin Genell & Rosenqvist, Urban
- 833-837 Dyadic social-support for cardiac surgery patients--A Canadian approach
by Meagher, Donna M. & Gregor, Frances & Stewart, Miriam
- 839-847 The process of acculturation: Theoretical perspectives and an empirical investigation in Peru
by Richman, Judith A. & Gaviria, Moises & Flaherty, Joseph A. & Birz, Susan & Wintrob, Ronald M.
- 849-859 Different social network and social support characteristics, nervous problems and insomnia: Theoretical and methodological aspects on some results from the population study 'men born in 1914', Malmö, Sweden
by Hanson, B. S. & Östergren, P. -O.
- 861-866 The diagnostic process in primary care: A comparison of general internists and family physicians
by Simpson, Deborah E. & Rich, Eugene C. & Dalgaard, Kathleen A. & Gjerdingen, Dwenda & Crowson, Terry W. & O'Brien, Daniel K. & Johnson, Paul E.
1987, Volume 25, Issue 6
- 529-539 AIDS as a social phenomenon
by Bennett, F. J.
- 541-552 AIDS as a social phenomenon
by Velimirovic, B.
- 553-559 Cultural issues in maternal and child health and nutrition
by Pelto, Gretel H.
- 561-566 Stress and disease: The concept after 50 years
by Hinkle, Lawrence E.
- 567-578 The study of stress and disease: Some developments and requirements
by Maes, S. & Vingerhoets, A. & Van Heck, G.
- 579-587 Medical sociology and epidemiology: Convergences, divergences and legitimate boundaries
by Spruit, Ingeborg P. & Kromhout, Daan
- 589-598 The changing role and legitimate boundaries of epidemiology: community-based prevention programmes
by Tuomilehto, Jaakko & Puska, Pekka
- 599-604 The impact and integration of behavioural sciences in the education of health care professionals
by Otite, Onigu
- 605-614 Participation: Myths, realities and prognosis
by Brownlea, Arthur
- 615-620 Community involvement in health policy; Socio-structural and dynamic aspects of health beliefs
by Madan, T. N.
- 621-624 The economics of essential drug programmes
by Smith, George Teeling
- 625-630 Economics of essential drugs schemes: The perspectives of the developing countries
by Wang'Ombe, Joseph K. & Mwabu, Germano M.
- 631-636 The philosophical basis of medical ethics
by Mori, Maurizio
- 637-644 Medical ethics, moral philosophy and moral tradition
by Murray, Thomas H.
- 645-648 The political abuse of medicine
by Meyer-Lie, Arnt
- 649-657 The political abuse of medicine and the challenge of opposing it
by Zwi, Anthony B.
- 659-667 Toward a comprehensive evaluation of alternative medicine
by Jingfeng, Cai
- 669-678 Problems in the evaluation of alternative medicine
by Patel, Mahesh S.
- 679-687 The role of socio-behavioural scientists in health care practice
by Hull, F. M.
- 689-696 Improving the fit between social science and health care practice: Suggested next steps for the researcher
by Rogers, Theresa F.
- 697-704 Reproduction trends and the emergence of moral panic
by Hanmer, Jalna
- 705-709 Medical ethics in the primary care setting
by Smith, Harmon L.
- 711-720 Social and psychological care before and during hospitalization
by Falck, Hans S.
- 721-732 Social and psychological care before and during hospitalisation
by Hall, David
- 733-740 Medicalization and its discontents
by Goodman, Madeleine J. & Goodman, Lenn E.
- 741-746 The viability of the concept of a primary health care team: A view from the medical humanities
by Barnard, David
- 747-752 The viability of the concept of a primary health care team in developing countries
by Boerma, Ties
- 753-764 When is a data set complete? A squirrel with a vacuum cleaner
by Carr-Hill, Roy A.
1987, Volume 25, Issue 5
- 421-425 Barriers to physician-nurse collegiality: An anthropological perspective
by Campbell-Heider, Nancy & Pollock, Donald
- 427-441 International cross-section analysis of the determination of mortality
by Gravelle, H.S.E. & Backhouse, M.E.
- 443-459 Community-based health workers: Head start or false start towards health for all?
by Berman, Peter A. & Gwatkin, Davidson R. & Burger, Susan E.
- 461-472 Health service efficiency: Appraising the appraisers--A critical review of economic appraisal in practice
by Blades, C.A. & Culyer, A.J. & Walker, A.
- 473-479 Progress towards achieving health for all New Zealanders by the year 2000
by Malcolm, Laurence
- 481-484 Health care institutions in a regional network: A longitudinal case study of inter-organizing
by van der Zwaan, A.H.
- 485-493 La mortalite evitable en belgique
by Humblet, P.C. & Lagasse, R. & Moens, G.F.G. & Wollast, E. & van de Voorde, H.
- 495-505 Community water-contact patterns and the transmission of schistosoma haematobium in the highveld region of Zimbabwe
by Chandiwana, Stephen K.
- 507-513 Why do people go to the doctor? Sex differences in the correlates of GP consultation
by Briscoe, Monica E.
- 515-524 Swedish physicians' perspectives on work and the medical care system--II: The cases of child and maternal health physicians
by Twaddle, Andrew C.
1987, Volume 25, Issue 4
- 329-330 Hot-cold food and medical theories: Overview and introduction
by Manderson, Lenore
- 331-337 Why is humoral medicine so popular?
by Anderson, E. N.
- 339-346 The hot and cold in mesoamerican indigenous and hispanicized thought
by Messer, Ellen
- 347-355 Hot and cold in women's ethnotherapeutics: The American-Mexican west
by Kay, Margarita & Yoder, Marianne