Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ellen Annandale to have the entry updated or send us the correct address.
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Wendy Shamier)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57
1986, Volume 23, Issue 9
1986, Volume 23, Issue 8
- 747-755 The context of menopause: Psychotropic drug use and menopausal status
by Kaufert, Patricia A. & Gilbert, Penny
- 757-761 Medical researchers and clinicians as seekers of information: The Nigeria case study
by Osiobe, Stephen A.
- 763-771 Swedish physicians' perspectives on work and the medical care system: The case of district general practitioners
by Twaddle, Andrew C.
- 773-780 Factors related to the use of ambulatory mental health services in three providers plans
by Diehr, Paula & Price, Kurt & Williams, Stephen J. & Matin, Diane P.
- 781-781 Foreword
by Smith, H. L.
- 783-787 Divided loyalties and ambiguous relationships
by Toulmin, Stephen
- 789-796 Divided loyalties in medicine: The ambivalence of occupational medical practice
by Walsh, Diana Chapman
- 797-802 Divided loyalties in adolescent psychiatry: Late adolescence
by Arnstein, Robert L.
- 803-815 Ethical issues regarding mixed agency of military physicians
by Howe, Edmund G.
- 817-826 Divided loyalties: A physician's responsibilities in an information age
by Gellman, Robert M.
- 827-832 Divided loyalties for physicians: Social context and moral problems
by Murray, Thomas H.
1986, Volume 23, Issue 7
- 641-650 Illness experience in a chronic disease--ALS
by Cobb, Ann Kuckelman & Hamera, Edna
- 651-664 Infant feeding in Mali, West Africa: Variations in belief and practice
by Dettwyler, Katherine A.
- 665-671 An alternate level of care, the prospective payment system and the challenge of extended care
by Tellis-Nayak, V. & Tellis-Nayak, M.
- 673-682 An integrated sociocultural curriculum for community medicine in Bali, Indonesia
by Connor, Linda H. & Higginbotham, Nick
- 683-686 The changing pattern of post-partum sexual abstinence in a Nigerian rural community
by Isenalumhe, Anthony Eko & Oviawe, Osawaru
- 687-688 Bhye Bhaddi: A food and health concept of Punjabi Asians
by Bhopal, Rajinder Singh
- 689-700 'Disease and development' or 'the underdevelopment of health': A critical review of geographical perspectives on African health problems
by Stock, Robert
- 701-708 Attitudes of Nigerian physicians toward a national health service
by Umeh, Joseph C. & Freeman, Robert A. & Garner, Dowey D. & Blevins, David E.
- 709-716 Childhood relationships, adult coping resources and depression
by Richman, Judith A. & Flaherty, Joseph A.
- 717-719 Patterns of drug use among adolescents: The past decade
by Smart, Reginald G. & Adlaf, Edward M.
- 721-735 Financial, organizational and professional factors affecting health care utilization
by Dutton, Diana
- 737-744 Socio-demographic variation in perceived illness and the use of primary care: The value of community survey data for primary care service planning
by Bucquet, Denis & Curtis, Sarah
1986, Volume 23, Issue 6
- 539-548 Personal preferences and ethnic variations among anglo and hispanic breast and bottle feeders
by Weller, Susan C. & Dungy, Claibourne I.
- 549-554 Influence of weather on osteoarthritics
by Laborde, Joyce M. & Dando, William A. & Powers, Marjorie J.
- 555-558 A method of rapid assessment of the distribution and endemicity of dracunculiasis in Nigeria
by Edungbola, Luke D. & Watts, Susan J. & Kale, Oladele O. & Smith, Gordon S. & Hopkins, Donald R.
- 559-566 Why health improves: Defining the issues concerning 'comprehensive primary health care' and 'selective primary health care'
by Rifkin, Susan B. & Walt, Gill
- 567-575 Psychological aspects of pain in rheumatoid arthritis: A review
by Skevington, Suzanne M.
- 577-585 Bearing illness: Study of couples where the husband awaits coronary graft surgery
by Radley, Alan & Green, Ruth
- 587-594 Attitudes to the medical specialities: Comparing pre-clinical students' perceptions of nine specialities
by Furnham, Adrian
- 595-604 Variations in the diagnosis of psychosocial disorders: A general practice observation study
by Verhaak, Peter F. M.
- 605-609 Social factors and the gender difference in mortality
by Koskenvuo, Markku & Kaprio, Jaakko & Lönnqvist, Jouko & Sarna, Seppo
- 611-620 Utilization of health services in Indonesia
by Chernichovsky, Dov & Meesook, Oey Astra
- 621-627 Smoking as an anticipatory rite of passage: some sociological hypotheses on health-related behaviour
by Robb, J. H.
- 629-633 Homes for the elderly in Liguria
by Spagnoli, A. & Avanzini, F. & Foresti, G. & Pirone, F. & Tognoni, G.
- 635-635 On certainty and uncertainty
by Underwood, Peter
1986, Volume 23, Issue 5
- 439-444 Contrasting patterns of blood pressure and related factors within a Maori and European population in New Zealand
by Wood, Corinne Shear & Gans, Lydia P.
- 445-453 Patterns of variation in breast-feeding behaviors
by Quandt, Sara A.
- 455-459 The cultural impact of the 'AIDS' test: The American experience
by McCombie, S. C.
- 461-468 Principles and the search for moral certainty
by Churchill, Larry R. & Simán, JoséJorge
- 469-470 The role of occupational health units in hospital: An assessment by employees
by Mayberry, John F. & Foulis, Wendy & Street, Connie M.
- 471-475 Diabetes, depression and employment status
by Friis, Robert & Nanjundappa, G.
- 477-483 Culture and disease
by Appels, A.
- 485-491 Malnutrition and basic needs surveys in Thailand
by Savasdisara, Tongchai & Tips, Walter E. J. & Fordeyn, Dirk & Chaiwut, Rachadaporn
- 493-499 An exploratory study of poor adjustment styles among retirees
by Braithwaite, V. A. & Gibson, D. M. & Bosly-Craft, Richard
- 501-509 Cultural values and biomedical knowledge: Choices in infant feeding : Analysis of a survey
by Gabriel, Ayala & Gabriel, K. Ruben & Lawrence, Ruth A.
- 511-517 Class and health: Comparing Britain and Sweden
by Lundberg, Olle
- 519-525 Role ambiguity in general practice: The care of patients dying at home
by Still, A. W. & Todd, C. J.
- 527-530 Interests and specialty choice in medicine
by Meir, Elchanan I. & Engel, Kathy
- 531-535 Aging in a 'healthy' population
by McKinlay, Sonja M. & McKinlay, John B.
1986, Volume 23, Issue 4
- 347-355 The primary health center as a social system: PHC, social status, and the issue of team-work in South Asia
by Nichter, Mark A.
- 357-366 Diarrhea and the social marketing of oral rehydration salts in Bangladesh
by Green, Edward C.
- 367-377 Herbalism and divination in Southern Malawi
by Morris, Brian
- 379-386 Traditional concepts of mental disorder among Indian psychiatric patients: Preliminary report of work in progress
by Weiss, Mitchell G. & Sharma, S. D. & Gaur, R. K. & Sharma, J. S. & Desai, A. & Doongaji, D. R.
- 387-391 Confidentiality expectations of patients in teaching hospital clinics versus private practice offices
by Weiss, Barry D. & Senf, Janet H. & Carter, John Z. & Rothe, Thomas C.
- 393-415 The patterning of health by social position in contemporary Britain: Directions for sociological research
by Macintyre, Sally
- 417-422 Further observations on social factors associated with duodenal ulcer in Soweto
by Segal, Isidor & Unterhalter, Beryl & Rosenbush, Heidi
- 423-427 Reassurance reconsidered
by Buchsbaum, David G.
1986, Volume 23, Issue 3
- 231-240 Cost effectiveness of potential immunization interventions against diarrhoeal disease
by Creese, Andrew L.
- 241-247 Geographical patterns of cancer mortality in China
by Lam, Nina Sui-Ngan
- 249-257 Aedes aegypti mosquitoes in the Americas: A review of their interactions with the human population
by Slosek, Jean
- 259-267 Physician utilization of computers in medical practice: Policy implications based on a structural model
by Anderson, James G. & Jay, Stephen J. & Schweer, Harlan M. & Anderson, Marilyn M.
- 269-275 A population-based survey of loss and psychological distress during war
by Hourani, Laurel Lockwood & Armenian, Haroutine & Zurayk, Huda & Afifi, Larry
- 277-281 Psychiatric research instruments in the transcultural setting: Experiences in India and Brazil
by Sen, Biswajit & Mari, Jair de Jesus
- 283-291 The changing structure of Dutch mental health care
by Breemer Ter Stege, C. P. C. & van Heugten, P.
- 293-295 Privacy protection and population-based health research
by Lako, C. J.
- 297-303 Causes of infant and early childhood deaths in Sierra Leone
by Kandeh, Borbor Sama
- 305-312 Marital status, delay in seeking treatment and survival from breast cancer
by Neale, Anne Victoria & Tilley, Barbara C. & Vernon, Sally W.
- 313-322 Marital status of persons with spinal cord injury
by Brown, Julia S. & Giesy, Barbara
- 323-332 'Reprofessionalization' or 'occupational imperialism'?: Some reflections on pharmacy in Britain
by Holloway, S. W. F. & Jewson, N. D. & Mason, D. J.
- 333-336 Traditional child spacing practices of women: Experiences from a primary care project in Lagos, Nigeria
by Olukoya, A. A.
- 337-344 Assessment of a short scale to measure social support
by Funch, Donna P. & Marshall, James R. & Gebhardt, Garren P.
1986, Volume 23, Issue 2
- 95-98 Toward a critical medical anthropology
by Baer, Hans A. & Singer, Merrill & Johnsen, John H.
- 99-112 Plea for acceptance: School refusal syndrome in Japan
by Lock, Margaret
- 113-130 Toward a political-economy of alcoholism: The missing link in the anthropology of drinking
by Singer, Merrill
- 131-138 Polychlorinated biphenyls in the electrical machinery industry: An ethnological study of community action and corporate responsibility
by Nash, June & Kirsch, Max
- 139-148 Curative medicine, preventive medicine and health status: The influence of politics on health status in a rural Mexican village
by Stebbins, Kenyon Rainier
- 149-157 Planning for primary health care in Nicaragua: A study in revolutionary process
by Donahue, John M.
- 159-178 Breaking the circuit of social control: Lessons in public psychiatry from Italy and Franco Basaglia
by Scheper-Hughes, Nancy & Lovell, Anne M.
- 179-189 Family therapy workshops in the United States: Potential abuses in the production of therapy in an advanced capitalist society
by McLean, Athena
- 191-199 Community health and reform in Hong Kong
by McDermott, Kathleen
- 201-210 The dynamics of cooptation in a feminist health clinic
by Morgen, Sandra
- 211-222 Rewriting the SES: Demographic patterns and divorcing families
by Schneider, Jo Anne
1986, Volume 23, Issue 1
- 1-7 Creativity in illness: Methodological linkages to the logic and language of science in folk pursuit of health in central Italy
by Romanucci-Ross, Lola
- 9-16 Home away from home: The alternative birth center
by Klee, Linnea
- 17-29 Women's health in a marginal area of Kenya
by Ferguson, Alan
- 31-34 Interviewing skills training--A study
by Weihs, Karen & Chapados, James T.
- 35-41 Encouraging the development of integrated health centres: A critical analysis of lower referral rates
by Wijkel, Dirk
- 43-55 Disability, stress and readjustment: The function of the professional's latent goals and effective behavior in rehabilitation
by Ben-Sira, Zeev
- 57-64 Who chooses risky jobs?
by Leigh, J.Paul
- 65-74 Health and mortality of migrant farm children
by Slesinger, Doris P. & Christenson, Bruce A. & Cautley, Eleanor
- 75-82 Toward a behavioral model of the physician as case manager
by Hurley, Robert E.
- 83-92 Rumor, misinformation and oral contraceptive use in Egypt
by DeClerque, Julia & Ong Tsui, Amy & Abul-Ata, Mohammed Futuah & Abul-Ata, Mohammed Futuah & Barcelona, Delia
- 93-94 Smoking and medical care expenditures--What we know and what we don't know
by Thompson, M.E. & Forbes, W.F.
1986, Volume 22, Issue 12
- 1297-1311 The impact of the family and lay others on care-seeking during life-threatening episodes of suspected coronary artery disease
by Alonzo, Angelo A.
- 1313-1320 For better and worse: The technological imperative in health care
by Burger-Lux, M. Janet & Heaney, Robert P.
- 1321-1327 The geography of health in South-East Mexico: A research study and agenda
by Prothero, R. Mansell & Davenport, Jeffrey M. P.
- 1329-1335 Socioeconomic determinants of continuing functional disablement from chronic disease episodes
by Chirikos, Thomas N. & Nickel, Jennie T.
- 1337-1346 Children's return to school after treatment for solid tumours
by Charlton, A. & Pearson, D. & Morris-Jones, P. H.
- 1347-1354 Psychosocial support and change in the health status of physically disabled people
by Patrick, Donald L. & Morgan, Myfanwy & Charlton, John R. H.
- 1355-1362 Race, heart disease worry and health protective behavior
by Ransford, H. Edward
- 1363-1366 Duties, fears and physicians
by Loewy, Erich H.
1986, Volume 22, Issue 11
- 1097-1102 Opening address : The art of the possible
by Ramalingaswami, V.
- 1102-1102 Comments
by Parry, E. H. O.
- 1103-1103 Comments
by Lambo, T. A.
- 1105-1113 Unemployment-related lifestyle changes and health disturbances in adolescents and children in the western countries
by Olafsson, Olafur & Svensson, Per-Gunnar
- 1115-1129 The spatial distribution of health resources within countries and communities: Examples from India and Zambia
by Akhtar, Rais & Izhar, Nilofar
- 1131-1139 The economics and evaluation of dental care and treatment
by Yule, Brian F. & van Amerongen, Barbara M. & van Schaik, Michael C. M.
- 1141-1149 The pharmaceutical industry and health in the third world
by Taylor, David
- 1151-1160 The proper contributions of social workers in health practice
by Huntington, June
- 1161-1166 Public and private sector interactions: An economic perspective
by Maynard, Alan
- 1167-1174 Ethics and resource allocation: An economist's view
by McGuire, A.
- 1175-1179 Codes of medical ethics: Traditional foundations and contemporary practice
by Sohl, P. & Bassford, H. A.
- 1181-1186 The child as a focus for health promotion in the developing world
by Ramalingaswami, Prabha
- 1187-1194 The social sciences in health policy and practice
by van Etten, Geert & Rutten, Frans
- 1195-1212 From sneezes to adieux: Stages of health for American men and women
by Verbrugge, Lois M.
- 1213-1228 Labour relations in health services management
by Barnard, Keith & Harrison, Stephen
- 1229-1234 The place of primary health care in a comprehensive health system
by Yamamoto, Mikio
- 1235-1245 Cultural components of behavioural epidemiology: Implications for primary health care
by Heggenhougen, H. K. & Shore, L.
- 1247-1256 Rural development and primary health care in less developed countries
by Muhondwa, E. P. Y.
- 1257-1262 Socio-economic status differences in health
by Lemkow, Louis
- 1263-1271 Symptoms, social stratification and self-responsibility for health in the United States and West Germany
by Cockerham, William C. & Kunz, Gerhard & Leuschen, Guenther & Spaeth, Joe L.
- 1273-1276 Traditional and modern medicine in South Africa: A research study
by Edwards, S. D.
- 1277-1283 Ethnicity and illness experience: Ideological structures and the health care delivery system
by Anderson, Joan M.
- 1285-1289 Menopause research: The Korpilampi workshop
by Kaufert, Patricia & Lock, Margaret & McKinlay, Sonja & Beyenne, Yewoubdar & Coope, Jean & Davis, Donna & Eliasson, Mona & Gognalons-Nicolet, Maryvonne & Goodman, Madeleine & Holte, Arne
- 1102-1103 Comments
by Gellhorn, Alfred
1986, Volume 22, Issue 10
- 993-999 Health status and medical expenditures: Is there a link?
by Wolfe, Barbara L.
- 1001-1013 Selective primary health care: A critical review of methods and results
by Unger, Jean-Pierre & Killingsworth, James R.
- 1015-1018 Triggers or aggravators of symptoms?
by Stone, Arthur A. & Jandorf, Lina & Neale, John M.
- 1019-1025 International comparison of drug consumption: Impact of prices
by Szuba, Tadeusz J.
- 1027-1034 Frames and heuristics in doctor-patient discourse
by Evans, David Andreoff & Block, Marian R. & Steinberg, Erwin R. & Penrose, Ann M.
- 1035-1046 Limits to medical dominance: The case of chiropractic
by Coburn, David & Biggs, C.Lesley
- 1047-1058 Marketing 'mind mechanics': Decoding antidepressant drug advertisements
by Goldman, Robert & Montage, Michael
- 1059-1066 Rural tranquillity?: Urban-rural differences in tranquilliser prescribing
by Gabe, Jonathan & Williams, Paul
- 1067-1074 Family life and cardiovascular risk: Implications for the prevention of chronic disease
by Venters, Maurine H
- 1075-1080 Increasing kidney transplantation in Britain: The importance of donor cards, public opinion and medical practice
by Lewis, Alan & Snell, Martin
- 1081-1086 Determinants of perceived mental health status and help-seeking behavior: Preliminary testing of a conceptual model
by Lockwood Hourani, Laurel & Khlat, Myriam
- 1087-1091 Poverty, disability and use of services by the elderly: Analysis of the 1980 general household survey
by Victor, Christina R. & Vetter, Norman J.
1986, Volume 22, Issue 9
- 887-892 Health and human rights in a South African bantustan
by Turshen, Meredeth
- 893-899 The health status of the 'old-old': A reconsideration
by Halpert, Burton P. & Zimmerman, Mary K.
- 901-913 Ischemic heart disease and regional variations of socio-cultural characteristics in Belgium
by Lagasse, Raphaël & Kittel, France & Dramaix, Michèle & Gheyssens, Hubert & de Backer, Guy & Kornitzer, Marcel
- 915-927 The relative influence of health beliefs, parental and peer behaviors and exercise program participation on smoking, alcohol use and physical activity
by Gottlieb, Nell H. & Baker, Judith A.
- 929-930 Sex ratio at birth in a Cape Coloured population
by MacGillivray, I. & Davey, D.A. & Lawley, C.
- 931-932 The anthropological study of the American medical system: Center and periphery
by Lock, Margaret
- 933-952 Media images of physicians and nurses in the United States
by Krantzler, Nora J.
- 953-961 Models of clinical expertise in American nursing practice
by Gordon, Deborah R.
- 963-971 Medical education and practice on the periphery: Consultation psychiatry and the psychosocial tradition in American medicine
by Johnson, Thomas M.
- 973-982 Out of the clinic into the home: Control and patient-physician communication
by Sankar, Andrea
- 983-989 Stroke: Health care on the periphery
by Kaufman, Sharon & Becker, Gay
1986, Volume 22, Issue 8
- 791-805 Marital context and post-infarction quality of life: Is it social support or something more?
by Waltz, Millard
- 807-812 Sex differences in depression and satisfaction with self: Findings from a United States national survey
by Meddin, Jay R.
- 813-819 Validation of a decision model for triaging hypertensive patients to alternate health education interventions
by Hatcher, Myron E. & Green, Lawrence W. & Levine, David M. & Flagle, Charles E.
- 821-834 Migration and biocultural adaptation: Samoans in California
by Janes, Craig R. & Pawson, Ivan G.
- 835-845 Malaria resurgence in India: A critical study
by Sharma, V.P. & Mehrotra, K.N.
- 847-859 Socioeconomic and demographic effects of malaria eradication: A comparison of Sri Lanka and Sardinia
by Brown, Peter J.
- 861-867 Agricultural development, migrant labor and the resurgence of malaria in Swaziland
by Packard, Randall M.
- 869-877 Health education and community participation in mass drug administration for malaria in Nicaragua
by Garfield, Richard M. & Vermund, Sten H.
- 879-886 Population movement and malaria persistence in Rameswaram Island: Foreword
by Rajagopalan, P.K. & Jambulingam, P. & Sabesan, S. & Krishnamoorthy, K. & Rajendran, S. & Gunasekaran, K. & Kumar, N.Pradeep & Prothero, R.Mansell
- III-IV Resurgent malaria and the social sciences
by Wessen, Albert F.
1986, Volume 22, Issue 7
- 699-712 The plight of primary medical care: The problematics of 'committedness' to the practice
by Ben-Sira, Zeev
- 713-721 Effects of rapid urbanization on child behaviour and health in a part of Khartoum, Sudan--I. Socio-economic changes 1965-1980
by Cederblad, Marianne & Rahim, Sheikh Idris A.
- 723-730 Effects of rapid urbanization on child behaviour and health in a part of Khartoum, Sudan--II. Psycho-social influences on behaviour
by Rahim, Sheikh Idris A. & Cederblad, Marianne
- 731-736 The effects of Quebec home aid services on the utilization profile of sociosanitory resources: A substitution study
by Contandriopoulos, André-Pierre & Tessier, Geneviève & Larouche, Danielle
- 737-740 Health revolution in Africa?
by Bennett, F. J.
- 741-744 Image--Reality cleavage in development goals
by Mburu, F. M.
- 745-753 Ideological framework and health development in Tanzania 1961-2000
by Jonsson, Urban
- 755-761 Uganda--rehabilitation, or redefinition of health services?
by Dodge, Cole P.
- 763-767 Health care financing in Kenya: A simulation of welfare effects of user fees
by Mwabu, Germano M. & Mwangi, Wilfred M.
- 769-774 Politics and policies of food self-sufficiency in Tanzania
by Omari, C. K.
- 775-780 Economics of health and nutrition in Kenya
by Mwangi, Wilfred M. & Mwabu, Germano M.
- 781-783 Cluster sampling for immunization coverage
by Kok, Peter W.
- 785-790 The African social periphery
by Mburu, F. M.
1986, Volume 22, Issue 6
- 605-610 Cost structures in a large hospital for the mentally handicapped
by Johnes, Geraint & Haycox, Alan
- 611-618 Relations geographiques entre la mortalite par cancer de l'oesophage, la cirrhose du foie, l'alcool et le tabac: Le cas de la province de Quebec
by Thouez, J.P & Ghadirian, O
- 619-627 The Italian health services: Slow revolution or permanent crisis?
by Robb, J.H.
- 629-638 Consumer attitudes about advertisements for medicinal drugs
by Morris, Louis A. & Brinberg, David & Klimberg, Ronald & Millstein, Lloyd & Rivera, Carole
- 639-644 Performance of supply-oriented family planning policy in Bangladesh: An examination
by Paul, Bimal Kanti
- 645-652 Depressive symptoms and their correlates among immigrant Mexican women in the United States
by Vega, William A. & Kolody, Bohdan & Valle, Ramon & Hough, Richard
- 653-672 Utilization of pharmacies and pharmaceutical drugs in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
by Kloos, Helmut & Chama, Tsegaye & Abemo, Dawit & Tsadik, Kefalo Gebre & Belay, Solomon
- 673-678 Do health beliefs predict health behaviour? An analysis of breast self-examination
by Calnan, Michael & Rutter, D.R.
- 679-685 Health and illness of Moroccan immigrants in the city of Antwerp, Belgium
by Peeters, Rudolf F.
- 687-690 Social class and survival on the S.S. Titanic
by Hall, Wayne
- 691-697 Rivalry and diversity among Thai curer-magicians
by Golomb, Louis
1986, Volume 22, Issue 5
- 501-508 Professionals and professions: A philosophical examination of an ideal
by Moline, Jon N.
- 509-516 Unemployment stress: Loss of control, reactance and learned helplessness
by Baum, Andrew & Fleming, Raymond & Reddy, Diane M.
- 517-520 The effect of workplace health services on sex-specific morbidity rates: A note of warning about a possible artefact in apparent female excess morbidity
by Watkins, Stephen J.
- 521-526 Cues of disability and treatment continuation of chronic schizophrenics
by Dworkin, Rosalind J. & Adams, George L. & Telschow, Ruth L.
- 527-533 Why medical students will not practice in rural areas: Evidence from a survey
by Akbar Zaidi, S.
- 535-539 Health professionals' factual knowledge and changing attitudes toward transsexuals
by Franzini, Louis R. & Casinelli, Denise L.
- 541-551 Doors and thresholds: Jeddi's approach to psychiatric disorders
by Devisch, Renaat & Vervaeck, Bart
- 553-558 Parental knowledge and misconceptions about asthma: A controlled study
by Spykerboer, J. E. & Donnelly, W. J. & Thong, Y. H.
- 559-569 Cardiovascular mortality as it relates to the geographic distribution of employment in non-metropolitan Quebec
by Foggin, Peter & Godon, Daniel
- 571-578 Assessing surgical risks in a population: Patient histories before and after cholecystectomy
by Roos, Noralou P. & Danzinger, Rudy
- 579-586 Psychosocial wellness among spiritual healing participants
by Glik, Deborah Carrow
- 587-592 An interview study of pregnant women's attitudes to ultrasound scanning
by Hyde, Beverley
- 593-598 Health protective behaviors in first year medical students
by Sobal, Jeffery
- 599-599 Letter to the editor
by Friedlander, Edward R.
1986, Volume 22, Issue 4
- 393-408 Guidelines for the clinical and economic evaluation of health care technologies
by Guyatt, Gordon & Drummond, Michael & Feeny, David & Tugwell, Peter & Stoddart, Greg & Haynes, R. Brian & Bennett, Kathryn & Labelle, Roberta
- 409-430 Unemployment, health and health services in German-speaking countries
by Schwefel, Detlef
- 431-442 Work in pregnancy: Its evolving relationship with perinatal outcome (a review)
by Saurel-Cubizolles, M. J. & Kaminski, M.