Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ellen Annandale to have the entry updated or send us the correct address.
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Wendy Shamier)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57
1987, Volume 25, Issue 2
- 209-212 Some experiences of Yugoslavia in solving of unemployment
by Cucic, Viktoria
- 213-215 Alleviating depression in the unemployed: Adequate financial support, hope and early retirement
by Frese, Michael
- 217-218 Unemployment causes ill health: The wrong track
by Kagan, Aubrey R.
- 219-222 An alternative model
by Adler-Karlsson, Gunnar
- 223-225 Some observations on 'unemployment and health' research
by Miles, Ian
1987, Volume 25, Issue 1
- 1-7 Cultural change, growth and feeding of children in an isolated rural region of Yemen
by Underwood, Peter & Margetts, Barrie
- 9-18 A geographical analysis of the relationship between early childhood death and socio-economic environment in an English city
by Robinson, Diane & Pinch, Steven
- 19-26 Sports medicine in the Soviet Union and German Democratic Republic
by Riordan, Jim
- 26-26 Comments
by Jako, P.
- 29-34 Social ties, social support, and perceived health status among chronically disabled people
by Kutner, Nancy G.
- 35-37 Humanism and medicine
by Milanovic, Vladimir
- 37-40 Comments
by Stambolovic, Vuk
- 40-41 Comments
by Parmelee, Donna E.
- 41-41 Rejoinder
by Milanovic, Vladimir & Stambolovic, Vuk
- 43-46 Does indirect consultation lead to overprescribing in general practice?
by Haaijer-Ruskamp, Flora M. & Stewart, Roy & Wesseling, Harry
- 47-56 Women's smoking and family health
by Graham, Hilary
- 57-63 Women's health and labour force status: An enquiry using a multi-point measure of labour force participation
by Anson, Ofra & Anson, Jon
- 65-73 Development, use and evaluation of drugs: The dominating technology in the health care system
by Hansen, Ebba Holme & Launsø, Laila
- 75-87 Capital intensive hospital technology and illness: An analysis of American state data
by Ost, John & Straus, Murray A.
- 89-95 The impact of rheumatoid arthritis on the homemaker
by Reisine, Susan T. & Goodenow, Carol & Grady, Kathleen E.
- 97-98 Characteristics of maternal age, parity, social class and breast feeding patterns in Benin City, Nigeria
by Oyarebu, K.A.
- 26-27 Comments
by Anthony, Don
1987, Volume 24, Issue 12
- 997-1010 Fear of sorcery and the problem of death by suggestion
by Lewis, Gilbert
- 1013-1021 Problems of knowledge in contemporary Chinese medical discourse
by Farquhar, Judith
- 1023-1029 Traditional Chinese medicine: Some historical and epistemological reflections
by Unschuld, Paul U.
- 1031-1050 The Ayurvedic physician as scientist
by Trawick, Margaret
- 1051-1060 Lay theory of healing in Northwestern New Spain
by Kay, Margarita
- 1061-1068 The Kur in West Germany as an interface between naturopathic and allopathic ideologies
by Maretzki, Thomas W.
- 1069-1083 An interpretive solution to the problem of humoral medicine in Latin America
by Tedlock, Barbara
- 1085-1093 Behind shamanism: Changing voices of Siberian Khanty cosmology and politics
by Balzer, Marjorie Mandelstam
- 1095-1108 The return of Dr Fritz: Spiritist healing and patronage networks in urban, industrial Brazil
by Greenfield, Sidney M.
- 1109-1118 Cross-cultural communication between doctors and peasants in Bolivia
by Bastien, Joseph W.
1987, Volume 24, Issue 11
- 889-896 Inner-city hospital closures/relocations: Race, income status, and legal issues
by Rice, Mitchell F.
- 897-910 Health outcome and higher medical qualifications: An economic conception and notes on implementation
by Doessel, D. P.
- 911-918 The demand for health inputs and their impact on the black neonatal mortality rate in the U.S
by Joyce, Theodore
- 919-925 Supplier-induced demand for physiotherapy in the Netherlands
by Van Doorslaer, E. & Geurts, J.
- 927-944 Accessibility, quality of care and prenatal care use in the Philippines
by Wong, Emelita L. & Popkin, Barry M. & Guilkey, David K. & Akin, John S.
- 945-951 Avoidable burden of illness: How much can prevention contribute to health?
by Gunning-Schepers, Louise J. & Hagen, J. Hans
- 953-960 Infant mortality and economic instability in Yugoslavia
by Kunitz, Stephen J. & Simic, Snezana & Odoroff, Charles L.
- 961-966 Community priorities following disaster: A case study from Tonga
by Finau, Sitaleki A.
- 967-972 Evaluation of the annual activity of a continuing medical and home care unit
by Mor, G. & Joshpeh, A. & Carel, R. S. & Brayer, M.
- 973-981 Health behavior models compared
by Mullen, Patricia D. & Hersey, James C. & Iverson, Donald C.
- 983-986 Smoking and hospital utilization
by Weinkam, J. J. & Rosenbaum, W. & Sterling, T. D.
- 987-987 Letter to the editor
by Van Balen, H.
1987, Volume 24, Issue 10
- 791-804 Dietary change and plasma glucose levels in an Amerindian population undergoing cultural transition
by Szathmary, Emöke J. E. & Ritenbaugh, Cheryl & Goodby, Carol-Sue M.
- 805-819 Evaluating medical expert systems
by Lundsgaarde, Henry P.
- 821-832 An implementation model for health system reform
by Siler-Wells, Gail
- 833-841 Evaluating healthy days of life gained from health projects
by Barnum, Howard
- 843-850 Technical and allocative efficiency in production of outpatient mental health clinic services
by Frank, Richard G. & Taube, Carl A.
- 851-862 Aging and health care utilization: New evidence on old fallacies
by Barer, Morris L. & Evans, Robert G. & Hertzman, Clyde & Lomas, Jonathan
- 863-866 Depression in solvent abusers
by Jacobs, Allan M. & Hamid Ghodse, A.
- 867-873 Conceptual problems in dependency research
by Wilkin, David
- 875-883 Social stress, normative constraints and alcohol problems in American States
by Linsky, Arnold S. & Colby, John P. & Straus, Murray A.
- 885-888 Health problems of elderly Nigerians
by Ekpenyong, S. & Oyeneye, O. Y. & Peil, M.
1987, Volume 24, Issue 9
- 705-708 Maintaining professional quality through innovation and changes in health care
by Holst, Erik
- 709-717 World Health Organization behavioral science research: Problems and prospects
by Foster, George M.
- 719-724 The measurement of hospital efficiency
by McGuire, Alistair
- 725-731 An economic appraisal of screening for Down's syndrome in pregnancy using maternal age and serum alpha fetoprotein concentration
by Gill, Mike & Murday, Victoria & Slack, Joan
- 733-739 Seasonality of births and birthweights in Tanzania
by Bantje, Han
- 741-748 Considerations guiding physicians when informing cancer patients
by Amir, Marianne
- 749-757 The state of psychiatry in South Africa today
by Dommisse, John
- 758-758 Comment
by Edwards, S. D.
- 763-775 Health sector structures: The case of Poland
by Sokolowska, Magdalena & Moskalewicz, Bozena
- 777-784 Communication climate and patient care: Causes and effects of nurses' attitudes to patients
by Nievaard, A. C.
- 758-760 Comment
by Sashidharan, S. P. & Platt, S.
1987, Volume 24, Issue 8
- 633-644 Breastfeeding and weaning in Mali: Cultural context and hard data
by Dettwyler, Katherine A.
- 645-649 Concepts and management of deafness in the Yoruba medical system: A case study of traditional healers in Ile-Ife, Nigeria
by Odebiyi, A. I. & Togonu-Bickersteth, Funmi
- 651-657 Silence and truth in death and dying
by Armstrong, David
- 659-667 Core-periphery differences in infant mortality
by Vuorinen, Heikki S.
- 669-678 Perceived health status among the new urban homeless
by Ropers, Richard H. & Boyer, Richard
- 679-687 Arterial blood pressure and individual modernization in a Mexican community
by Dressler, William W. & Mata, Alfonso & Chavez, Adolfo & Viteri, Fernando E.
- 689-695 Why we seek treatment here: Retail pharmacy and clinical practice in Maiduguri, Nigeria
by Igun, U. A.
1987, Volume 24, Issue 7
- 561-571 Menarche and sexuality among a sample of black South African schoolgirls
by du Toit, Brian M.
- 573-580 Breast feeding, birth interval and polygyny in Nigeria
by Adewuyi, Alfred A.
- 581-588 Cognitive antecedents of coronary heart disease
by Drechsler, Iris & Bruner, Daniel & Kreitler, Shulamith
- 589-600 Is frequent religious attendance really conducive to better health?: Toward an epidemiology of religion
by Levin, Jeffrey S. & Vanderpool, Harold Y.
- 601-606 Cancers of affluence: Positive social class gradient and rising incidence trend in some cancer forms
by Rimpelä, Arja H. & Pukkala, Eero I.
- 607-611 Knowledge attitudes and practices in relation to schistosomiasis in a rural community
by Taylor, P. & Chandiwana, S. K. & Govere, J. M. & Chombo, F.
- 613-618 Illness negotiation: The case of eating disorders
by Swartz, Leslie
- 619-624 Changes in students' sociopolitical attitudes during medical school: Socialization or maturation effect?
by Maheux, Brigitte & Béland, François
- 625-627 The influence of khat-chewing on birth-weight in full-term infants
by Abdul Ghani, N. & Eriksson, M. & Kristiansson, B. & Qirbi, A.
1987, Volume 24, Issue 6
- 475-482 Psychiatric emergency services: Evolution, adaptation and proliferation
by Wellin, Edward & Slesinger, Doris P. & Hollister, C. David
- 483-486 Ethical considerations of informed consent: A case study
by Goldfield, Norbert & Rothman, William A.
- 487-499 Background to the development of health services in Nigeria
by Ityavyar, Dennis A.
- 501-506 The influence of domestic position on health status
by Clark, W.A.V. & Freeman, H.E. & Kane, R. & Lewis, C.E.
- 507-514 'Avoidable mortality' from cervical cancer: Exploring the concept
by Howard, Jan
- 515-528 Bridging the gap: The village health worker as the cornerstone of the primary health care model
by Bender, Deborah E. & Pitkin, Kathryn
- 529-533 Time use of stroke patients in three rehabilitation hospitals
by Keith, Robert Allen & Cowell, Katherine Sharp
- 535-542 Changing ideas: The medicalization of menopause
by Bell, Susan E.
- 543-549 Moral and social aspects of aids: A medical students' project
by Elford, Jonathan
- 551-558 The magnitude of the maternal mortality problem in sub-Saharan Africa
by Boerma, Ties
1987, Volume 24, Issue 5
- 401-407 Geographical distribution of cerebrovascular disease mortality and food intakes in Japan
by Omura, Toshitaka & Hisamatsu, Shun'ichi & Takizawa, Yukio & Minowa, Masumi & Yanagawa, Hiroshi & Shigematsu, Itsuzo
- 409-416 Patients' noncompliance and how doctors manage this
by Heszen-Klemens, Irena
- 417-422 Community attitudes to mental illness in New Zealand twenty-two years on
by Green, Dianne E. & McCormick, Iain A. & Walkey, Frank H. & Taylor, Antony J. W.
- 423-429 The nationalisation of the Swedish pharmacies
by Lilja, John
- 431-437 Parental perceptions and attitudes toward asthma and its treatment: A controlled study
by Donnelly, J. E. & Donnelly, W. J. & Thong, Y. H.
- 439-443 Measles case fatality among the under-fives: A multivariate analysis of risk factors in a rural area of Bangladesh
by Bhuiya, Abbas & Wojtyniak, Bogdan & D'Souza, Stan & Nahar, Lutfun & Shaikh, Kashem
- 445-448 The secret bread tests: Selective primary health care or experimentation on human-beings?
by Kamien, Max
- 449-452 Maternal and child factors for reported child abuse among Chinese in Hong Kong
by Lau, Edith M. C. & Donnan, S. P. B.
- 453-462 Power and privileges in medical care: An analysis of medical services in post-colonial Nigeria
by Ogoh Alubo, S.
- 463-473 Correlates of stages in the progression from everyday drinking to problem drinking
by Knibbe, R. A. & Drop, M. J. & Muytjens, A.
1987, Volume 24, Issue 4
- 293-301 The ambiguity of symbols in the structure of healing
by Laderman, Carol
- 303-316 Gender and symptoms of depression and anxiety among Kikuyu secondary school students in Kenya
by Mitchell, Sharon & Abbott, Susan
- 317-325 Tai Dam health care practices: Asian refugee women in Iowa
by Bell, Sue E. & Whiteford, Michael B.
- 327-334 Patterns of rural hospital closure in the United States
by Mayer, Jonathan D. & Kohlenberg, Elizabeth R. & Sieferman, G. Eric & Rosenblatt, Roger A.
- 335-349 Applications of behavior modification to health promotion in the developing world
by Elder, John P.
- 351-357 Patient satisfaction with the clinical encounter: Social psychological determinants
by Like, Robert & Zyzanski, Stephen J.
- 359-370 A randomized control trial of cardiac rehabilitation
by Burgess, Ann W. & Lerner, Debra J. & D'Agostino, Ralph B. & Vokonas, Pantel S. & Hartman, Carol R. & Gaccione, Peter
- 371-377 The role of the chemist in primary health care for children with minor complaints
by Cunningham-Burley, Sarah & Maclean, Una
- 379-382 Comparison of a dietary attitude index based on questionnaire data and a 7-day diet recall interview: A study among pregnant women
by Olsen, Jørn & Frische, Grethe
- 383-394 Coping with intestinal illness among the Kamba in Machakos, Kenya, and aspects of schistosomiasis control
by Kloos, Helmut & Ouma, John H. & Kariuki, H. Curtis & Butterworth, Anthony E.
1987, Volume 24, Issue 3
- 187-196 Treatment-seeking for depression by black and white Americans
by Sussman, Linda K. & Robins, Lee N. & Earls, Felton
- 197-208 Public health in pre-colonial east-central Africa
by Waite, Gloria
- 209-217 'The stumbling disease': A case study of stigma among Azorean-Portuguese
by Boutté, Marie I.
- 219-223 Modeling the outcomes of nursing home care
by Rohrer, James E. & Hogan, Andrew J.
- 225-246 Canine heartworm disease: A review and pilot study
by Haddock, Kenneth C.
- 247-253 Health care policy and regional epidemiology: International comparisons and a case-study from the Netherlands
by Mackenbach, J.P.
- 255-262 Breastfeeding: Its relatioship with postpartum amenorrhea and postpartum sexual abstinence in a Nigerian community
by Oni, Gbolahan A.
- 263-274 Rural health care: A British success or a tale of unmet need?
by Fearn, Richard
- 275-283 An educational intervention for altering water-sanitation behaviours to reduce childhood diarrhoea in urban Bangladesh: formulation, preparation and delivery of educational intervention
by Stanton, Bonita F. & Clemens, John D. & Khair, Tajkera & Khatun, Khodeza & Jahan, Dilwara Akhter
- 285-288 Do health professionals agree on the parenting potential of pregnant women?
by Sommerfeld, D.P. & Hughes, J.R.
1987, Volume 24, Issue 2
- 97-100 Public awareness of AIDS in Rwanda
by Feldman, Douglas A. & Friedman, Samuel R. & Des Jarlais, Don C.
- 101-107 Arab-American patients: A medical record review
by Lipson, Juliene G. & Reizian, Alice E. & Meleis, Afaf I.
- 109-115 Meningitis and unpaved roads
by Williams, Robert
- 117-124 Mortality after bereavement: A review of the literature on survival periods and factors affecting survival
by Bowling, Ann
- 125-134 Development of a measure of potential health behaviour: A salience of lifestyle index
by Pill, Roisin & Stott, Nigel C. H.
- 135-143 Informed consent: The physicians' perspective
by Taylor, Kathryn M. & Kelner, Merrijoy
- 145-157 Relationship of chronic stress, social support, and coping style to health among Namibian refugees
by Shisana, Olive & Celentano, David D.
- 159-168 The family's adaptation to childhood leukemia
by Fife, Betsy & Norton, James & Groom, Gary
- 169-175 Evaluation of holistic medicine
by Patel, Mahesh S.
- 177-181 The best of both worlds: Bringing traditional medicine up to date
by Akerele, Olayiwola
1987, Volume 24, Issue 1
- 1-11 Health and the holy in African and Afro-American spirit possession
by Csordas, Thomas J.
- 13-21 Models of stress and meanings of unemployment: Reactions to job loss among technical professionals
by Jacobson, David
- 23-36 Defective modernization and health in Mexico
by Simonelli, Jeanne M.
- 37-41 High levels of childhood rickets in rural North Yemen
by Underwood, Peter & Margetts, Barrie
- 43-46 The treatment of musculoskeletal disorders by a Mexican bonesetter (SOBADOR)
by Anderson, Robert
- 47-50 Ethnicity and pain: A biocultural model
by Bates, Maryann S.
- 51-56 Sudden infant deaths and clear weather in a subtropical environment
by Auliciems, A. & Barnes, A.
- 57-69 Interdisciplinary approaches in epidemic studies--II: Four geographic models of the flow of contagious disease
by Angulo, Juan J.
- 71-82 The impact of late adolescent substance use on young adult health status and utilization of health services: A structural- equation model over four years
by Newcomb, Michael D. & Bentler, P.M.
- 83-94 The measurement of social support in population surveys
by Orth-Gomér, Kristina & Undén, Anna-Lena
1986, Volume 23, Issue 12
- 1205-1215 Geriatric care and distributive justice: Problems and prospects
by Gill, Derek G. & Ingman, Stanley R.
- 1217-1227 Anticipating the needs of the U.S. aged in the 21st century: Dilemmas in epidemiology, gerontology, and public policy
by Lusky, Richard A.
- 1229-1236 The social creation of dependence, dependency ratios, and the elderly in the United States: A critical analysis
by Calasanti, Toni M. & Bonanno, Alessandro
- 1237-1250 Reforming medicare: The limited framework of political discourse on equity and economy
by Walker, Georgia K.
- 1251-1260 Policy intellectuals, class struggle and the construction of old age: The creation of the Social Security Act of 1935
by Brents, Barbara G.
- 1261-1266 The non-profit sector and community-based care for the elderly in the U.S.: A disappearing resource?
by Estes, Carroll L. & Wood, Juanita B.
- 1267-1277 Analysing access to nursing home care
by Howe, Anna L. & Phillips, Colleen & Preston, George A. N.
- 1279-1286 Distributive justice and the treatment of acute illness in nursing homes
by Kayser-Jones, Jeanie Schmit
- 1287-1295 Social policy and everyday life in nursing homes: A critical ethnography
by Diamond, Timothy
- 1297-1303 Improving care in nursing homes using community advocacy
by Williams, Constance
- 1305-1317 Social insurance and the delivery of social services in France
by Wallimann, Isidor
- 1319-1326 State, society and old-age policy in France: From 1945 to the current crisis
by Guillemard, Anne-Marie
- 1327-1332 Medical care and social support for the elderly in Switzerland: Imbalance and mix
by Morabia, Alfredo & Takla, Hilke & Loew, Francois
- 1333-1345 The development of health and social services for the elderly in Iceland: An overview
by Wieland, G. Darryl & Pálsdóttir, Dögg
- 1347-1352 Health care of the aged in Korea
by Koo, Jasoon & Cowgill, Donald O.
- 1353-1362 Population aging in the People's Republic of China
by Liang, Jersey & Jow-Ching Tu, Edward & Chen, Xiangming
- 1363-1369 Emerging trends in gerontology and geriatrics: Implications for the self-care of the elderly
by Hickey, Tom & Dean, Kathryn & Holstein, Bjorn E.
1986, Volume 23, Issue 11
- 1121-1129 'La bonne mère:' Pratiques rurales et urbaines de la rougeole chez les femmes haalpulaaren du Sénégal
by Fassin, Didier
- 1131-1138 Coinsurance effects on dental prices
by Grembowski, David & Conrad, Douglas A.
- 1139-1145 Concern about cancer in women undergoing elective gynaecological surgery
by Steptoe, Andrew & Horti, Jane & Stanton, Stuart
- 1147-1150 Vietnamese refugee children in camps in Hong Kong
by Tsoi, Mona M. & Yu, Gabriel K. K. & Lieh-Mak, Felice
- 1151-1156 Attitudes of breast-feeding mothers: A survey of 649 mothers
by Jones, Dee A.
- 1157-1161 An examination of the relationships among interpersonal stress, morale and academic performance in male and female medical students
by Spiegel, David A. & Smolen, Robert C. & Jonas, Cindy K.
- 1163-1169 Social life factors affecting the mortality of total Japanese population
by Araki, Shunichi & Murata, Katsuyuki
- 1171-1179 Employment and ill-health among women in Israel
by Lewin-Epstein, Noah
- 1181-1185 Occupational hazards and heart attacks
by Leigh, J. Paul
- 1187-1200 New clinical roles for pharmacists: A study of role expansion
by Adamcik, Barbara A. & Ransford, H. Edward & Oppenheimer, Phillip R. & Brown, Janice F. & Eagan, Pamela A. & Weissman, Fred G.
1986, Volume 23, Issue 10
- 911-911 Foreword
by Good, Charles M.
- 913-918 Introduction
by Giggs, John A.
- 919-928 Disaggregating regional variations in mortality by cause of death: A case study of the Republic of Ireland
by Pringle, D.G.
- 929-934 Disease competition as a factor in ecological studies of mortality: The case of urban centers
by Greenberg, Michael R.
- 935-943 Analysing geographic variations in mortality using poisson regression: The example of ischaemic heart disease in England and Wales 1969-1973
by Lovett, A.A. & Bentham, C.G. & Flowerdew, R.
- 945-961 Mental disorders and ecological structure in Nottingham
by Giggs, John A.
- 963-973 The uses of spatial analysis in medical geography: A review
by Gesler, Wil
- 975-982 The comparative study of patterns of Guinea worm prevalence as a guide to control strategies
by Watts, Susan J.
- 983-993 Disease and development: Coguatera fish poisoning
by Lewis, Nancy D.
- 995-1002 Modelling the incidence of childhood diarrhea
by Taylor, S.Martin & Frank, John & White, Norman F. & Myers, Joyce
- 1003-1010 Medical pluralism and infant mortality in a rural area of Bangladesh
by Bhardwaj, Surinder M. & Paul, Bimal Kanti
- 1011-1015 Planned out-of-hospital births, New Jersey, 1978-1980
by Schneider, Dona
- 1017-1020 Bovine leukosis: An example of poor disease monitoring of international livestock shipments to developing countries
by Odend'hal, Stewart
- 1021-1026 Proximity to hospital and mortality from motor vehicle traffic accidents
by Bentham, Graham
- 1027-1032 Immunization against whooping cough in Salford: A spatial analysis
by Gatrell, Anthony C.
- 1033-1050 Rings of madness: Service areas of 19th century asylums in North America
by Hunter, John M. & Shannon, Gary W. & Sambrook, Stephanie L.
- 1051-1057 Separating doctors' homes and doctors' offices: San Francisco, 1881-1941
by Shumsky, Neil Larry & Bohland, James & Knox, Paul
- 1059-1065 International perspectives on the health care crisis in the United States
by Mayer, Jonathan D.
- 1067-1078 Equity in the distribution of health and welfare services: Can we rely on the state to reverse the 'inverse care law?'
by Smith, Christopher J.
- 1079-1086 The geographical restructuring of urban hospitals: Spatial dimensions of corporate strategy
by McLafferty, Sara
- 1087-1092 Who cares what care?: An inverse interest law?
by Eyles, John & Woods, Kevin
- 1093-1103 Territorial justice and primary health care: An example from London
by Powell, Martin A.
- 1105-1117 Primary health care in the Philippines: Banking on the barangays?
by Phillips, David R.
1986, Volume 23, Issue 9
- 841-845 The performing patient in ritual healing
by Joralemon, Donald
- 847-850 Cost savings from alternative treatments for tuberculosis
by Barnum, Howard N.
- 851-860 Physician-induced demand by Irish GPs
by Tussing, A. Dale & Wojtowycz, Martha A.
- 861-868 Preventive dentistry in a health centre: Effectiveness and cost
by Donaldson, C. & Forbes, J. F. & Smalls, M. & Boddy, F. A. & Stephen, K. W. & McCall, D.
- 869-874 An example of cross-cultural measurement of psychological symptoms in post-partum mothers
by Watson, Elizabeth & Evans, Stephen J. W.
- 875-888 Health care in a declining economy: The case of Zambia
by Freund, Paul J.
- 889-897 'New age' healing in the U.S
by Levin, Jeffrey S. & Coreil, Jeannine
- 899-904 Improving functional status in arthritis: The effect of social support
by Weinberger, Morris & Hiner, Sharon L. & Tierney, William M.
- 905-910 Limited impact of the breast self-examination movement: A Latin American illustration
by Sheley, Joseph F. & Lessan, Gloria T.