Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ellen Annandale to have the entry updated or send us the correct address.
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57| 58
1988, Volume 26, Issue 4
- 409-416 Pharmacies as alternative sources of medical care: The case of Cincinnati
by Selya, Roger Mark
- 417-424 The metaphorical nature of drugs and drug taking
by Montagne, Michael
- 425-434 Evaluating the impact of medical treatment on the quality of life: A 5-year update
by Hollandsworth, James G.
- 435-441 The economy of time in general practice: An assessment of the influence of list size
by Calnan, Michael & Butler, J. R.
- 443-450 Self-evaluations of factors promoting and disturbing sleep: An epidemiological survey in Finland
by Urponen, Helka & Vuori, Ilkka & Hasan, Joel & Partinen, Markku
- 451-462 Fluoride and flouridation
by Smith, Geoffrey E.
- 463-465 Do health beliefs predict health behaviour? A follow-up analysis of breast self-examination
by Calnan, Michael & Rutter, D. R.
- 467-475 Work dynamics in family care of hemophilic children
by Oremland, Evelyn K.
- 477-483 Psychotropic drug use in a Swedish community-- The importance of demographic and socioeconomic factors
by Isacson, Dag & Haglund, Bengt
1988, Volume 26, Issue 3
- 279-291 Stress research: Its present status and issues for future developments
by Vingerhoets, A. J. J. M. & Marcelissen, F. H. G.
- 293-302 Stress, salt and hypertension
by Henry, James P.
- 303-307 Aerobic fitness and the physiological stress response: A critical evaluation
by van Doornen, L. J. P. & de Geus, E. J. C. & Orlebeke, J. F.
- 309-317 The relationship between coping and emotion: Implications for theory and research
by Folkman, Susan & Lazarus, Richard S.
- 319-325 Life events, combat stress reaction and post-traumatic stress disorder
by Solomon, Zahava & Flum, Hanoch
- 327-332 Disclosure of traumas and psychosomatic processes
by Pennebaker, James W. & Susman, Joan R.
- 333-341 Chronic stress and sympathetic-adrenal medullary responsiveness
by McCarty, Richard & Horwatt, Karin & Konarska, Maria
- 343-350 Migraine and defense mechanisms: Psychophysiological relationships in young females
by Passchier, J. & Goudswaard, P. & Orlebeke, J. F. & Verhage, F.
- 351-358 Stress-coping in migraine
by Sorbi, Marjolijn & Tellegen, Bert
- 359-364 Changing health behaviour outcomes in asthmatic patients: A pilot intervention study
by Maes, S. & Schlösser, M.
- 365-373 Social support and occupational stress: A causal analysis
by Marcelissen, Frans H. G. & Winnubst, Jacques A. M. & Buunk, Bram & de Wolff, Charles J.
- 375-380 Investigating the frequency of nursing stressors: A comparison across wards
by Dewe, Philip J.
- 381-392 On the nature of social stress: Production of a modern mythology
by Pollock, Kristian
1988, Volume 26, Issue 2
- 201-208 Living arrangements and women's health
by Anson, Ofra
- 209-213 Intestinal helminthiases in relation to the socioeconomic environment of Panamanian children
by Holland, Celia V. & Taren, Douglas L. & Crompton, D. W. T. & Nesheim, M. C. & Sanjur, Diva & Barbeau, Irma & Tucker, Katharine & Tiffany, Jean & Rivera, Gloria
- 215-221 Transformations of maps to investigate clusters of disease
by Selvin, S. & Merrill, D. & Schulman, J. & Sacks, S. & Bedell, L. & Wong, L.
- 223-233 National health interview surveys for health care policy
by Kars-Marshall, Cri & Spronk-Boon, Yvonne W. & Pollemans, Marjan C.
- 235-242 Physical disability and social liminality: A study in the rituals of adversity
by Murphy, Robert F. & Scheer, Jessica & Murphy, Yolanda & Mack, Richard
- 243-251 Smoking and the female professions: Pre-occupational influences on the behaviour of recruits to nursing and teaching
by Elkind, Andrea Knopf
- 253-258 Mortality in children among the Aymara Indians of Southern Peru
by de Meer, Kees
- 259-264 Coffee drinking among Finnish youth
by Hemminki, Elina & Rahkonen, Ossi & Rimpelä, Arja & Rimpelä, Matti
- 265-268 Immunization coverage of children in a semi-urban village panchayat in Nepal, 1985
by Ahluwalia, Indu B. & Helgerson, Steven D. & Bia, Frank J.
- 269-276 Violent deaths among Mexican-, Puerto Rican- and Cuban-born migrants in the United States
by Shai, Donna & Rosenwaike, Ira
1988, Volume 26, Issue 1
- 1-1 Foreword
by Earickson, Robert
- 3-4 Introduction
by Greenberg, Michael
- 5-13 Time-space clustering of Vibrio cholerae 01 in Matlab, Bangladesh, 1970-1982
by Craig, Marian
- 15-24 Regional development and seasonality of communicable diseases in rural Andhra Pradesh, India
by Bhardwaj, Surinder M. & Rao, Madhusudana N.
- 25-36 What does distance matter? Leprosy control in West Nepal
by Pearson, Maggie
- 37-47 Privatising residential care for elderly people: The geography of developments in Devon, England
by Phillips, D.R. & Vincent, J.
- 49-54 Migration and morbidity: Implications for geographical studies of disease
by Bentham, Graham
- 55-70 Monitoring and predicting community mental health centre utilization in Auckland, New Zealand
by Hall, G.Brent
- 71-78 Obstetric care in the Netherlands: Regional differentiation in home delivery
by Hingstman, L. & Boon, H.
- 79-89 The epidemiology of primary acute pancreatitis in greater Nottingham: 1969-1983
by Giggs, J.A. & Bourke, J.B. & Katschinski, B.
- 91-100 The comparison of health care systems through regional analysis: The case of hospital admissions in Belgium and The Netherlands
by Groenewegen, Peter P. & Van Der Zee, Jouke
- 101-110 Regional and welfare perspectives on the public-private hospital dichotomy in New Zealand
by Joseph, Alun E. & Flynn, Helen
- 111-117 DRG calculation and utilization patterns: A review of method and policy
by Scarpaci, Joseph L.
- 119-129 A geographic regression model for medical statistics
by Kennedy, Susan
- 131-140 Carrier models for the simulation of Hodgkin's disease: A review with some extensions
by Thomas, R.W.
- 141-151 Display of small-area variation in health-related data: A methodology using resistant statistics
by Breckenridge, Mary B. & Tallia, Alfred F. & Like, Robert C.
- 153-161 An hierarchical location-allocation model for primary health care delivery in a developing area
by Hodgson, M.J.
- 163-171 A hybrid fleet model for emergency medical service system design
by Bianchi, Geoffrey & Church, Richard L.
- 173-178 Health education and baseline data: Issues and strategies in nutrition campaigning
by Moon, Graham & Twigg, Liz
- 179-186 Linking the geographical, the medical and the political in analysing health care delivery systems
by Rosenberg, M.W.
- 187-199 Private property and public health reform in England 1830-1870
by Kearns, Gerry
1987, Volume 25, Issue 12
- 1259-1267 Social policy and professional self-interest: Physician responses to DRGS
by Notman, Mark & Howe, Kenneth R. & Rittenberg, William & Bridgham, Robert & Holmes, Margaret M. & Rovner, David R.
- 1269-1276 Surgical birth: Interpretations of cesarean delivery among private hospital patients and nursing staff
by Sargent, Carolyn & Stark, Nancy
- 1277-1287 A case study of the interaction between indigenous and Western medicine among the Pokot of Kenya
by Nyamwaya, David
- 1289-1299 Genital chlamydial infection: A role for social scientists
by Millar, Marcia Inhorn
- 1301-1306 The bureaucratic context of international health: A social scientist's view
by Justice, Judith
- 1307-1320 Historical review of the changing pattern of infant feeding in developing countries: The case of Malaysia, the Caribbean, Nigeria and Zaire
by King, Jean & Ashworth, Ann
- 1321-1327 Predicting low birthweight and complicated labor in urban black women: A biopsychosocial perspective
by Reeb, Kenneth G. & Graham, Antonnette V. & Zyzanski, Stephen J. & Kitson, Gay C.
- 1329-1329 Fluoridation
by Walker, Glen S. R.
1987, Volume 25, Issue 11
- 1183-1187 Health insurance coverage of the working poor
by Berk, Marc L. & Wilensky, Gail R.
- 1189-1196 Non-attendance at outpatient clinics at the regional hospital, Galway, Ireland
by Cawley, Mary E. & Stevens, Fiona M.
- 1197-1203 The assessment of patients' distress in Genito-Urinary Medicine Clinics
by Fitzpatrick, R. & Ikkos, G. & Frost, D. & Nazeer, S.
- 1205-1211 Utility of the health belief model in examining medication compliance among psychiatric outpatients
by Kelly, Gerard R. & Mamon, Joyce A. & Scott, Jack E.
- 1213-1218 Theoretical tensions in biopsychosocial medicine
by Armstrong, David
- 1219-1224 Adapting to the unemployed role: A longitudinal investigation
by Warr, Peter & Jackson, Paul
- 1225-1234 Uses of formal and informal knowledge in the comprehension of instructions for oral rehydration therapy in Kenya
by Eisemon, Thomas O. & Patel, Vimla L. & Sena, Sarone Ole
- 1235-1248 Dimensions of patient control in a free-standing birth center
by Annandale, Ellen C.
- 1249-1255 Family medicine and psychosocial knowledge: How many hats can the family doctor wear?
by Gropper, Michael
1987, Volume 25, Issue 10
- 1073-1081 Population mobility and disease transmission: The example of guinea worm
by Watts, Susan J.
- 1083-1094 Improving the geographical accessibility of health care in rural areas: A Nigerian case study
by Ayeni, Bola & Rushton, Gerard & McNulty, Michael L.
- 1095-1104 Psychological research and chronic low back pain: A stand-still or breakthrough?
by Schmidt, Anton J. M. & Arntz, Arnoud
- 1105-1110 The influence of traditional medicine in shaping medical care practices in Vietnam today
by Ladinsky, Judith L. & Volk, Nancy D. & Robinson, Margaret
- 1111-1120 The dilemma of osteopathic physicians and the rationalization of medical practice
by Eckberg, Douglas Lee
- 1121-1127 An ecological study of the relationship between risk indicators for social disintegration and use of a somatic emergency department
by Andrén, Kjerstin Genell & Rosenqvist, Urban
- 1129-1137 Patient-doctor communication on smoking and drinking: Lifestyle in medical consultations
by Larsson, Ullabeth Sätterlund & Säljö, Roger & Aronsson, Karin
- 1139-1146 The pneumatic theory of female Warao herbalists
by Wilbert, Werner
- 1147-1155 Ethnomedical treatment of children's diarrheal illness in the highlands of Equador
by McKee, Lauris
- 1157-1162 Inside out: Women's world view and family health in an Ecuadorian Indian community
by Finerman, Ruthbeth
- 1163-1173 Women and health care on a Guatemalan plantation
by Cosminsky, Sheila
- 1175-1176 Letter to the editor
by Tainsh, A. Ramsay
1987, Volume 25, Issue 9
- 969-979 Heart disease and the cultural construction of time: The type A behaviour pattern as a western culture-bound syndrome
by Helman, Cecil G.
- 981-986 Variation in lifestyle characteristics and catecholamine excretion rates among young Western Samoan men
by James, Gary D. & Baker, Paul T. & Jenner, David A. & Ainsworth Harrison, G.
- 987-993 Folk flu and viral syndrome: An epidemiological perspective
by McCombie, S. C.
- 995-1002 The revenue generating potential of user fees in Kenyan government health facilities
by Ellis, Randall P.
- 1003-1019 Illness and health behaviour in Addis Ababa and rural central Ethiopia
by Kloos, Helmut & Etea, Alemayehu & Degefa, Assefa & Aga, Hundessa & Solomon, Berhanu & Abera, Kabede & Abegaz, Abebe & Belemo, Geto
- 1021-1025 Coping and social activity patterns among relatives of cancer patients
by Häggmark, Caroline & Theorell, Töres & Ek, Bengt
- 1027-1032 The criminal justice/mental health system and the mentally retarded, mentally ill defendant
by Williams, Wright & Spruill, Jean
- 1033-1038 Guidelines for maintenance treatment of childhood asthma: Development of a score card system by multivariate cluster analysis
by Donnelly, W. J. & Donnelly, J. E. & Thong, Y. H.
- 1039-1048 Bureaucratic aspects of international health agencies
by Foster, George M.
- 1049-1055 Assessing social support in elderly adults
by Weinberger, Morris & Hiner, Sharon L. & Tierney, William M.
- 1057-1062 Coping resources and health responses among men and women medical students
by Grossman, Hildreth Y. & Salt, Patricia & Nadelson, Carol & Notman, Malkah
- 1063-1068 An analysis of medical students' residency and specialty choices
by Taggart, Mary P. & Wartman, Steven A. & Wessen, Albert F.
1987, Volume 25, Issue 8
- 867-874 Recurrent cost and public health care delivery: The other war in El Salvador
by Fiedler, John L.
- 875-881 Price, policy and consumption of tobacco: The Finnish experience
by Pekurinen, Markku & Valtonen, Hannu
- 883-888 Health status and medical expenditures: More evidence of a link
by Wolfe, Barbara & Gabay, Mary
- 889-894 Intra-urban variations of neonatal and post-neonatal mortality in a developing city
by Rip, Michael R. & Keen, Cecil S. & Woods, David L.
- 895-903 Epidemiology and community health: A strained connection?
by Burrage, Hilary
- 905-910 The Nottingham health profile: A useful tool for epidemiologists?
by Kind, Paul & Carr-Hill, Roy
- 911-919 Undergraduate medical education in underdeveloped countries: The case of Pakistan
by Zaidi, S. Akbar
- 921-922 Anthropology and prevention in north America: An introduction
by Ames, Genevieve M. & Janes, Craig R.
- 923-930 Primary prevention: A new look at basic concepts
by Wallack, Lawrence & Winkleby, Marilyn
- 931-940 A suicide prevention program for Hopi youth
by Levy, Jerrold E. & Kunitz, Stephen J.
- 941-947 Prevention of mental disorder among hmong refugees in the U.S.: Lessons from the period 1976-1986
by Westermeyer, Joseph
- 949-960 Heavy and problem drinking in an American blue-collar population: Implications for prevention
by Ames, Genevieve M. & Janes, Craig R.
- 961-966 Health promotion talk in family practice encounters
by Freeman, Sarah H.
1987, Volume 25, Issue 7
- 765-772 Clinical relevance of grief and mourning among Cambodian refugees
by Boehnlein, James K.
- 773-781 A critical review of international mortality data
by Murray, Christopher J. L.
- 783-791 Communities, obligations and health-care
by Loewy, Erich H.
- 793-801 Some aspects of birth seasonality in Kenya
by Ferguson, Alan G.
- 803-811 Availability, accessibility, acceptability, and adaptibility: Four attributes of African ethno-medicine
by Anyinam, Charles
- 813-824 Religion and differences in morbidity and mortality
by Jarvis, George K. & Northcott, Herbert C.
- 825-831 Heavy users of an emergency department--A two year follow-up study
by Andrén, Kjerstin Genell & Rosenqvist, Urban
- 833-837 Dyadic social-support for cardiac surgery patients--A Canadian approach
by Meagher, Donna M. & Gregor, Frances & Stewart, Miriam
- 839-847 The process of acculturation: Theoretical perspectives and an empirical investigation in Peru
by Richman, Judith A. & Gaviria, Moises & Flaherty, Joseph A. & Birz, Susan & Wintrob, Ronald M.
- 849-859 Different social network and social support characteristics, nervous problems and insomnia: Theoretical and methodological aspects on some results from the population study 'men born in 1914', Malmö, Sweden
by Hanson, B. S. & Östergren, P. -O.
- 861-866 The diagnostic process in primary care: A comparison of general internists and family physicians
by Simpson, Deborah E. & Rich, Eugene C. & Dalgaard, Kathleen A. & Gjerdingen, Dwenda & Crowson, Terry W. & O'Brien, Daniel K. & Johnson, Paul E.
1987, Volume 25, Issue 6
- 529-539 AIDS as a social phenomenon
by Bennett, F. J.
- 541-552 AIDS as a social phenomenon
by Velimirovic, B.
- 553-559 Cultural issues in maternal and child health and nutrition
by Pelto, Gretel H.
- 561-566 Stress and disease: The concept after 50 years
by Hinkle, Lawrence E.
- 567-578 The study of stress and disease: Some developments and requirements
by Maes, S. & Vingerhoets, A. & Van Heck, G.
- 579-587 Medical sociology and epidemiology: Convergences, divergences and legitimate boundaries
by Spruit, Ingeborg P. & Kromhout, Daan
- 589-598 The changing role and legitimate boundaries of epidemiology: community-based prevention programmes
by Tuomilehto, Jaakko & Puska, Pekka
- 599-604 The impact and integration of behavioural sciences in the education of health care professionals
by Otite, Onigu
- 605-614 Participation: Myths, realities and prognosis
by Brownlea, Arthur
- 615-620 Community involvement in health policy; Socio-structural and dynamic aspects of health beliefs
by Madan, T. N.
- 621-624 The economics of essential drug programmes
by Smith, George Teeling
- 625-630 Economics of essential drugs schemes: The perspectives of the developing countries
by Wang'Ombe, Joseph K. & Mwabu, Germano M.
- 631-636 The philosophical basis of medical ethics
by Mori, Maurizio
- 637-644 Medical ethics, moral philosophy and moral tradition
by Murray, Thomas H.
- 645-648 The political abuse of medicine
by Meyer-Lie, Arnt
- 649-657 The political abuse of medicine and the challenge of opposing it
by Zwi, Anthony B.
- 659-667 Toward a comprehensive evaluation of alternative medicine
by Jingfeng, Cai
- 669-678 Problems in the evaluation of alternative medicine
by Patel, Mahesh S.
- 679-687 The role of socio-behavioural scientists in health care practice
by Hull, F. M.
- 689-696 Improving the fit between social science and health care practice: Suggested next steps for the researcher
by Rogers, Theresa F.
- 697-704 Reproduction trends and the emergence of moral panic
by Hanmer, Jalna
- 705-709 Medical ethics in the primary care setting
by Smith, Harmon L.
- 711-720 Social and psychological care before and during hospitalization
by Falck, Hans S.
- 721-732 Social and psychological care before and during hospitalisation
by Hall, David
- 733-740 Medicalization and its discontents
by Goodman, Madeleine J. & Goodman, Lenn E.
- 741-746 The viability of the concept of a primary health care team: A view from the medical humanities
by Barnard, David
- 747-752 The viability of the concept of a primary health care team in developing countries
by Boerma, Ties
- 753-764 When is a data set complete? A squirrel with a vacuum cleaner
by Carr-Hill, Roy A.
1987, Volume 25, Issue 5
- 421-425 Barriers to physician-nurse collegiality: An anthropological perspective
by Campbell-Heider, Nancy & Pollock, Donald
- 427-441 International cross-section analysis of the determination of mortality
by Gravelle, H.S.E. & Backhouse, M.E.
- 443-459 Community-based health workers: Head start or false start towards health for all?
by Berman, Peter A. & Gwatkin, Davidson R. & Burger, Susan E.
- 461-472 Health service efficiency: Appraising the appraisers--A critical review of economic appraisal in practice
by Blades, C.A. & Culyer, A.J. & Walker, A.
- 473-479 Progress towards achieving health for all New Zealanders by the year 2000
by Malcolm, Laurence
- 481-484 Health care institutions in a regional network: A longitudinal case study of inter-organizing
by van der Zwaan, A.H.
- 485-493 La mortalite evitable en belgique
by Humblet, P.C. & Lagasse, R. & Moens, G.F.G. & Wollast, E. & van de Voorde, H.
- 495-505 Community water-contact patterns and the transmission of schistosoma haematobium in the highveld region of Zimbabwe
by Chandiwana, Stephen K.
- 507-513 Why do people go to the doctor? Sex differences in the correlates of GP consultation
by Briscoe, Monica E.
- 515-524 Swedish physicians' perspectives on work and the medical care system--II: The cases of child and maternal health physicians
by Twaddle, Andrew C.
1987, Volume 25, Issue 4
- 329-330 Hot-cold food and medical theories: Overview and introduction
by Manderson, Lenore
- 331-337 Why is humoral medicine so popular?
by Anderson, E. N.
- 339-346 The hot and cold in mesoamerican indigenous and hispanicized thought
by Messer, Ellen
- 347-355 Hot and cold in women's ethnotherapeutics: The American-Mexican west
by Kay, Margarita & Yoder, Marianne
- 357-365 Destructive heat and cooling prayer: Malay humoralism in pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period
by Laderman, Carol
- 367-376 Cold wombs in Balmy Honolulu: Ethnogynecology among Korean immigrants
by Kendall, Laurel
- 377-387 Cultural dimensions of hot, cold and sema in Sinhalese health culture
by Nichter, Mark
- 389-399 Hot and cold as an explanatory model: The example of Bharuch district in Gujarat, India
by Pool, Robert
- 401-404 Food classifications and the diets of young children in rural Egypt
by Sukkary-Stolba, Soheir
- 405-417 Concepts of disease causation, treatment and prevention among Hong Kong Chinese: Diversity and eclecticism
by Koo, Linda C.
1987, Volume 25, Issue 3
- 229-230 The 'serpent-stone' or the 'black-stone'
by Scarpa, Antonio
- 231-239 The role of massage in South Asia: Child health and development
by Reissland, Nadja & Burghart, Richard
- 241-249 A critical re-examination of the economics of blindness prevention under the onchocerciasis control programme
by Evans, Timothy G. & Murray, Christopher J.L.
- 251-261 A measure of the 'sick' label in psychiatric disorder and physical illness
by Beiser, Morton & Waxler-Morrison, Nancy & Iacono, William G. & Lin, Tsung-Yi & Fleming, Jonathan A.E. & Husted, Janice
- 263-272 Living with psychiatric patients: Implications for the mental health of family members
by Noh, Samuel & Turner, R.Jay
- 273-276 Pharmaceuticals in the Third World: The local perspective
by Van der Geest, Sjaak
- 277-292 The use of modern pharmaceuticals in a Filipino village: Doctors' prescription and self medication
by Hardon, Anita P.
- 293-305 Self-care and the informal sale of drugs in South Cameroon
by Van Der Geest, Sjaak
- 319-321 Drug information and sale practices in some pharmacies of Colombo, Sri Lanka
by Wolffers, Ivan
1987, Volume 25, Issue 2
- 99-99 Foreword
by Asvall, Jo E.
- 103-110 Employment, economy and care in Sweden by the year 2000
by Lagergren, Mårten
- 111-113 The employed unemployed: The subterranean economy in Spain
by Lemkow, Louis
- 115-117 The choices to be made
by Adler-Karlsson, Gunnar
- 119-132 Economic change, alcohol consumption and heart disease mortality in nine industrialized countries
by Harvey Brenner, M.
- 133-146 Unemployed youth and health: Findings from the pilot phase of a longitudinal study
by Cullen, John H. & Ryan, Gerard M. & Cullen, Kevin M. & Ronayne, Thomas & Wynne, Richard F.
- 147-152 Youth unemployment--individual and societal consequences, and new research approaches
by Carle, Jan
- 153-161 Long-term unemployment among women in Sweden
by Brenner, Sten-Olof & Levi, Lennart
- 163-171 Coping with unemployment--A contribution to the understanding of women's unemployment
by Starrin, Bengt & Larsson, Gerry
- 173-178 Prolonged unemployment and depression in older workers: A longitudinal study of intervening variables
by Frese, Michael & Mohr, Gisela
- 179-182 The psychological meaning of job insecurity and job loss: Results of a longitudinal study
by Joelson, Lars & Wahlquist, Leif
- 183-195 Relation of economic change to Swedish health and social well-being, 1950-1980
by Brenner, M. Harvey
- 197-199 Unemployment and health--new approaches in research and social action
by Bolin, Bertil
- 201-204 International social and health policies to prevent ill health in the unemployment: the world health organization perspective
by Svensson, Per-Gunnar
- 205-207 Economic growth and industrial expansion and renewal as instruments to achieve full employment
by Meyerson, Per-Martin
- 209-212 Some experiences of Yugoslavia in solving of unemployment
by Cucic, Viktoria
- 213-215 Alleviating depression in the unemployed: Adequate financial support, hope and early retirement
by Frese, Michael
- 217-218 Unemployment causes ill health: The wrong track
by Kagan, Aubrey R.
- 219-222 An alternative model
by Adler-Karlsson, Gunnar
- 223-225 Some observations on 'unemployment and health' research
by Miles, Ian
1987, Volume 25, Issue 1
- 1-7 Cultural change, growth and feeding of children in an isolated rural region of Yemen
by Underwood, Peter & Margetts, Barrie
- 9-18 A geographical analysis of the relationship between early childhood death and socio-economic environment in an English city
by Robinson, Diane & Pinch, Steven
- 19-26 Sports medicine in the Soviet Union and German Democratic Republic
by Riordan, Jim
- 26-26 Comments
by Jako, P.
- 29-34 Social ties, social support, and perceived health status among chronically disabled people
by Kutner, Nancy G.