Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple (last 10 years), Recursive (10), Discounted (10), Recursive discounted (10), H-Index (10), Aggregate (10)
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57| 58| 59| 60
1989, Volume 29, Issue 3
- 435-444 Schools of thought on pain
by Vrancken, Mariet A. E.
- 445-454 A new age for older people? policy shifts in health and social care
by Jamieson, Anne
- 455-462 Professional reimbursement and professional behavior: Emerging issues and research challenges
by Rosen, Bruce
- 463-468 Conceptual and methodological problems in research on the quality of life in clinical medicine
by Siegrist, Johannes & Junge, Astrid
- 469-477 Assumptions of the QALY procedure
by Carr-Hill, Roy A.
1989, Volume 29, Issue 2
- 117-123 Conceptual, theoretical and methodological issues in self-care research
by Dean, Kathryn
- 125-130 Self-care in health promotion
by Kickbusch, Ilona
- 131-136 Control over health and patterns of health-related behaviour
by Calnan, Michael
- 137-152 Self-care components of lifestyles: The importance of gender, attitudes and the social situation
by Dean, Kathryn
- 153-161 Exploring the correlates of self-provided health care behaviour
by Segall, Alexander & Goldstein, Jay
- 163-169 Menstrual pain, health and behaviour in girls
by Teperi, Juha & Rimpelä, Matti
- 171-183 Self-care among older adults
by Haug, Marie R. & Wykle, May L. & Namazi, Kevan H.
- 185-193 Self-care within a model for demand for medical care
by Bentzen, Niels & Christiansen, Terkel & Pedersen, Kjeld Møller
- 195-204 From activated patient to pacified activist: A study of the self-care movement in the United States
by DeFriese, Gordon H. & Woomert, Alison & Guild, Priscilla A. & Steckler, Allan B. & Konrad, Thomas R.
- 205-212 Mothers' benefit of a self-care booklet and a self-care educational session at child health centres
by Rasmussen, Finn
- 213-219 A clinical trial of a self-care approach to the management of chronic headache in general practice
by Winkler, Robin & Underwood, Peter & Fatovich, Barry & James, Ray & Gray, Dennis
- 221-224 Long-term outcomes of an arthritis self-management study: Effects of reinforcement efforts
by Lorig, Kate & Holman, Halsted R.
- 225-232 Benefits of self-help groups: A survey of 232 members from 65 disease-related groups
by Trojan, Alf
- 233-244 Self-care in Israel: Physicians' views and perspectives
by Shuval, Judith T. & Javetz, Rachel & Shye, Diana
- 245-252 The interpretation of self-care: A difference in outlook between clients and home-nurses
by Van Agthoven, W. M. & Plomp, H. N.
- 253-258 Statistical analysis of complex health and social data
by Kreiner, Svend
- 259-260 Letter to the editor
by Bloch, Daniel A. & Lorig, Kate & Brown, Byron Wm. & Moses, Lincoln E.
- 261-262 Letter to the editor
by Lavers, R. J. & Carr-Hill, R. A.
1989, Volume 29, Issue 1
- 1-12 The social control of human biomedical research: An overview and review of the literature
by Benson, Paul R.
- 13-22 Concepts about infant health, growth, and weaning: A comparison between nutritional scientists and madurese mothers
by Launer, Lenore J. & Habicht, Jean-Pierre
- 23-24 Social factors and trachoma: A review of the literature
by Marx, Rani
- 35-42 Are people willing and able to pay for health services?
by Yoder, Richard A.
- 43-52 Active patients: The integration of modern and traditional obstetric practices in Nepal
by Reissland, Nadja & Burghart, Richard
- 53-60 Migration, acculturation and utilization of primary health care
by Van der Stuyft, Patrick & De Muynck, Aimé & Schillemans, Leo & Timmerman, Chris
- 61-67 Overcoming 'psychosomatic' illness: Lay attributions of cure for five possible psychosomatic illness
by Furnham, Adrian
- 69-78 Is religion therapeutically significant for hypertension?
by Levin, Jeffrey S. & Vanderpool, Harold Y.
- 79-84 Hypertension and asthma: Psychological aspects
by Ford, Frances M. & Hunter, M. & Hensley, M. J. & Gillies, A. & Carney, S. & Smith, A. J. & Bamford, J. & Lenzer, M. & Lister, G. & Ravazdy, S. & Steyn, M.
- 85-94 The factor structure of the CES-D in the Hispanic health and nutrition examination survey: The influences of ethnicity, gender and language
by Guarnaccia, Peter J. & Angel, Ronald & Worobey, Jacqueline Lowe
- 95-106 The impact of road construction on hospital in-patient catchments in the Meru district of Kenya
by Airey, Tony
- 107-108 Sociology of hospitals and of patient-physician interaction in West Germany
by Kohlmann, Thomas & Siegrist, Johannes
- 109-111 A French research programme: Santé-maladie-société (1984-1988)
by Baszanger, Isabelle & Paicheler, Geneviève & Souteyrand, Yves
1989, Volume 28, Issue 12
- 1211-1220 Population differences in susceptibility to AIDS: An evolutionary analysis
by Rushton, J.Philippe & Bogaert, Anthony F.
- 1221-1228 Gender differences in the perception and utilization of social support: Theoretical perspectives and an empirical test
by Flaherty, Joseph & Richman, Judith
- 1229-1238 Mind, body, and culture: Somatization among Hispanics
by Angel, Ronald & Guarnaccia, Peter J.
- 1239-1248 Emotional expression in cancer onset and progression
by Gross, James
- 1249-1253 Knowledge, attitudes and practices among rural communities in Zimbabwe in relation to Phytolacca dodecandra--a plant molluscicide
by Ndamba, J. & Chandiwana, S.K. & Makaza, N.
- 1255-1267 La lutte communautaire contre une endémie tropicale: Croyances surnaturelles et pièges à tsétsé au Congo
by Leygues, Michel & Gouteux, Jean-Paul
- 1269-1274 Health lifestyles and self-direction in employment among American men: A test of the spillover effect
by Abel, Thomas & Cockerham, William C. & Lueschen, Guenther & Kunz, Gerhard
- 1275-1282 Social support: Diverse theoretical perspectives
by Stewart, Miriam J.
- 1283-1288 Piecework, repetitive work and medicine use in the clothing industry
by Vinet, Alain & Vézina, Michel & Brisson, Chantal & Bernard, Paul-Marie
- 1289-1309 Three bodies of practice in a traditional south Indian martial art
by Zarrilli, Phillip B.
- 1311-1314 The relevance of the health belief model to Australian smokers
by Knight, Rosemary A. & Hay, David A.
- 1315-1320 Autonomy, job satisfaction and professional self-image among nurses in the context of a physicians' strike
by Shoham-Yakubovich, Ilana & Carmel, Sara & Zwanger, Lea & Zaltcman, Tsila
- 1321-1329 Perceived stress in medical school: Resistors, persistors, adaptors and maladaptors
by Vitaliano, Peter P. & Maiuro, Roland D. & Mitchell, Ellen & Russo, Joan
- 1331-1338 Choosing who shall not be treated in the NHS
by Charny, M.C. & Lewis, P.A. & Farrow, S.C.
- 1339-1341 Censorship and medical sociology in the Netherlands
by Van Der Geest, Sjaak
- 1343-1349 Medical anthropology in Mexico
by Vargas, Luis Alberto & Casillas, Leticia E.
1989, Volume 28, Issue 11
- 1099-1101 Introduction : Marxist perspectives in social medicine
by Waitzkin, Howard
- 1103-1112 The American dominative medical system as a reflection of social relations in the larger society
by Baer, Hans A.
- 1113-1120 Medicine in the industrial battle: Early workers' compensation
by Bale, Anthony
- 1121-1127 Epidemiologia y contrahegemonia
by Breilh, Jaime & Granda, Edmundo
- 1129-1138 Mental health monopoly: Corporate trends in mental health services
by Brown, Phil & Cooksey, Elizabeth
- 1139-1148 The commodification of American health care
by Caplan, Ronald L.
- 1149-1157 Technological innovation and the labour process in health care
by Daly, Jeanne & Willis, Evan
- 1159-1164 State and health
by Deppe, Hans-Ulrich
- 1165-1170 The reluctant imperialism of the medical profession
by de Swaan, Abram
- 1171-1182 The political economy of workers' health and safety
by Elling, Ray H.
- 1183-1191 Social analysis of collective health in Latin America
by Laurell, Asa Cristina
- 1193-1203 The coming of age of critical medical anthropology
by Singer, Merrill
- 1205-1209 Ideology in medical science: Class in the clinic
by Woolhandler, Steffie & Himmelstein, David U.
1989, Volume 28, Issue 10
- 1005-1006 Community-based health care 10 years post alma ata
by Mburu, F. M. & Ties Boerma, J.
- 1007-1017 Hospital outreach community-based health care: The case of chogoria, Kenya
by DeBoer, Cornelis N. & McNeil, Malcolm
- 1019-1030 Primary health care in Northwestern Somalia: A case study
by Bentley, Chris
- 1031-1037 A people-centred approach to primary health care implementation in Mvumi, Tanzania
by Matomora, M. K. S.
- 1039-1051 Community-based health care in Kibwezi, Kenya: 10 years in retrospect
by Johnson, Karin E. & Kisubi, Wilson K. & Karanja Mbugua, J. & Lackey, Douglas & Stanfield, Paget & Osuga, Ben
- 1053-1058 A tale of two clinics--primary health care in refugee settings: Lessons from Sudan and Somalia
by Downing, Raymond
- 1059-1062 A case study of the Tenwek hospital community health programme in Kenya
by Jacobson, Mark L. & Labbok, Miriam H. & Parker, Robert L. & Stevens, David L. & Carter, Susan A.
- 1063-1071 An integrated rural health project in Saradidi, Kenya
by Owino Kaseje, Dan C. & Sempebwa, Esther K. N.
- 1073-1079 Whither community-based health care?
by Mburu, F. M.
- 1081-1084 Mass produced village health workers and the promise of primary health care
by Matomora, M. K. S.
- 1085-1090 The dilemma of essential drugs in primary health care
by Bennett, F. J.
- 1091-1097 Simplifying the evaluation of primary health care programmes
by Van Norren, Bert & Ties Boerma, J. & Sempebwa, Esther K. N.
1989, Volume 28, Issue 9
- 939-941 Upgrading apprenticeship
by Lave, Jean
- 887-898 Why some countries have national health insurance, others have national health services, and the U.S. has neither
by Navarro, Vicente
- 899-904 Sadness, depression and social reciprocity in highland Ecuador
by Tousignant, Michel & Maldonado, Mario
- 905-915 In the shadow of biomedicine: Self medication in two Ecuadorian pharmacies
by Price, Laurie J.
- 917-924 The assessment of diviners and their knowledge by civil servants in Southwestern Nigeria
by Pearce, Tola Olu
- 925-937 Cosmopolitical obstetrics: Some insights from the training of traditional midwives
by Jordan, Brigitte
- 937-938 Comments
by Browner, C. H.
- 938-939 The empty kit: Modalities of learning and the politics of cross-cultural miscommunication
by Hahn, Robert A.
- 939-939 The empty kit: Modalities of learning and the politics of cross-cultural miscommunication
by Jeffery, R. & Jeffery, P. M.
- 941-943 Status and the training of traditional midwives
by MacCormack, Carol P.
- 943-944 Status and the training of traditional midwives
by Rhodes, Lorna Amarasingham
- 945-956 Views of what's wrong: Diagnosis and patients' concepts of illness
by Hunt, Linda M. & Jordan, Brigitte & Irwin, Susan
- 957-961 Knowledge about AIDS and self-reported behaviour among Zimbabwean secondary school pupils
by Wilson, David & Greenspan, Ruth & Wilson, Christopher
- 963-970 Ayurveda: A multilectic interpretation
by Nordstrom, Carolyn R.
- 971-983 End stage renal disease and the marital dyad: An empirical investigation
by Chowanec, Gregory D. & Binik, Y. M.
- 985-996 Food taboos in maternal and child health: The views of traditional healers in Ile-Ife, Nigeria
by Odebiyi, A. I.
1989, Volume 28, Issue 8
- 769-781 Medical technologies in developing countries: Issues of technology development, transfer, diffusion and use
by Bonair, Ann & Rosenfield, Patricia & Tengvald, Karin
- 783-789 Shame among unemployed men
by Eales, M.J.
- 791-803 Chronic respiratory illness and disability: A critical review of the psychosocial literature
by Williams, Simon Johnson
- 805-809 Suicide and increased availability of handguns in the United States
by Clarke, Ronald V. & Jones, Peter R.
- 811-818 A new approach to community health
by Follér, Maj-Lis
- 819-828 Personal control and health promotion
by Peterson, Christopher & Stunkard, Albert J.
- 829-835 Patient involvement in decision-making in surgical and orthopaedic practice: The project perioperative risk
by Larsson, Ullabeth Sätterlund & Svärdsudd, Kurt & Wedel, Hans & Säljö, Roger
- 837-842 Predictors of foetal and neonatal mortality in Curaçao, Netherlands Antilles. A multivariate analysis
by Wildschut, H.I.J. & Wiedijk, V. & Oosting, J. & Voorn, W. & Huber, J. & Treffers, P.E.
- 843-849 The politics of immunization in public health
by McCombie, S.C.
- 851-859 Punctuality, pain and time-orientation among Sicilian-Canadians
by Migliore, Sam
- 861-867 The impact of prospectively set hospital budgets on psychiatric admissions
by Frank, Richard G. & Jackson, Catherine A.
- 869-874 Intolerance of ambiguity in students entering medical school
by DeForge, Bruce R. & Sobal, Jeffery
- 875-884 The practice of traditional Korean medicine in Washington, D.C
by Pang, Keum Young
- 885-885 The Nottingham health profile
by Carr-Hill, Roy A. & Kind, Paul
1989, Volume 28, Issue 7
- 631-632 Introduction
by Ugalde, Antonio & Zwi, Anthony
- 633-642 Towards an epidemiology of political violence in the third world
by Zwi, Anthony & Ugalde, Antonio
- 643-647 Perceptions from epidemiologic research in an endemic war
by Armenian, Haroutune K.
- 649-657 Violence, conflict and health in Africa
by Ityavyar, Dennis A. & Ogba, Leo O.
- 659-667 Children in political violence
by Gibson, Kerry
- 669-676 War-related changes in health and health services in Nicaragua
by Garfield, Richard M.
- 677-684 Political violence and Eritrean health care
by Sabo, Lois E. & Kibirige, Joachim S.
- 685-695 Life experiences, response styles and mental health among mothers and children in Beirut, Lebanon
by Bryce, Jennifer W. & Walker, Neff & Ghorayeb, Francoise & Kanj, Mayada
- 697-706 'There is no sea, only fish': Effects of United States policy on the health of the displaced in El Salvador
by Lundgren, Rebecka Inga & Lang, Robert
- 707-713 Health needs of older adults displaced to Sudan by war and famine: Questioning current targeting practices in health relief
by Godfrey, Nancy & Kalache, Alexandre
- 715-727 A programme of mental health for political refugees: Dealing with the invisible pain of political exile
by Barudy, Jorge
- 729-733 Baseline health care for refugees in the Netherlands
by Hondius, Adger J. K. & van Willigen, Loes H. M.
- 735-740 The effects of torture and political repression in a sample of Chilean families
- 741-750 Political repression and children in South Africa: The social construction of damaging effects
by Swartz, Leslie & Levett, Ann
- 751-758 Psychoanalysis confronts the politics of repression: The case of Argentina
by Hollander, Nancy Caro
1989, Volume 28, Issue 6
- 531-538 The fruits of empire rot on the vine: United States health policy in the austerity era
by Bodenheimer, Thomas S.
- 539-550 La politique economique du gouvernement socialiste en matiere de sante: Bilan de cinq annees de pouvoir en France, 1981-1986
by Aiach, Pierre & Yves Delanoe, Jean
- 551-559 What happens in hospices: A review of research evidence
by Seale, Clive F.
- 561-569 Factors distinguishing homosexual males practicing risky and safer sex
by Siegel, Karolynn & Palamara Mesagno, Frances & Chen, Jin-Yi & Christ, Grace
- 571-576 Sociocultural determinants of infant and child mortality in Turkey
by Aksit, Belma & Aksit, Bahattin
- 577-582 Physician motivations for nonscientific drug prescribing
by Schwartz, Rebecca K. & Soumerai, Stephen B. & Avorn, Jerry
- 583-591 An evaluation of the psychological and social effects of malocclusion: Some implications for dental policy making
by Kenealy, Pamela & Frude, Neil & Shaw, William
- 593-604 Diarrhoeal diseases: Perceptions and practices in Nepal
by Stapleton, Maire Casey
- 605-612 Healers in transition
by Oppong, Amma C. K.
- 613-619 Social inequalities in low birth weight: Timing of effects and selective mobility
by Joffe, Michael
- 621-624 Coping with political violence in Northern Ireland
by Cairns, Ed & Wilson, Ronnie
1989, Volume 28, Issue 5
- 405-414 Introduction
by Packard, Randall M. & Wisner, Ben & Bossert, Thomas
- 415-424 Nutrition and the commoditation of food systems in Latin America and the Caribbean
by Dewey, Kathryn G.
- 425-440 Nutrition and the commoditization of food in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Bryceson, Deborah Fahy
- 441-446 Commodity relations and nutrition under apartheid: A note on South Africa
by Wisner, Ben
- 447-459 Women's health in East Africa
by Raikes, Alanagh
- 461-473 Women, household and health in Latin America
by Browner, C. H.
- 475-496 Industrial production, health and disease in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Packard, Randall M.
- 497-514 Estado, clases sociales y salud
by Belmartino, Susana & Bloch, Carlos
- 515-530 The state, class and the allocation of health resources in Southern Africa
by Andersson, Neil & Marks, Shula
1989, Volume 28, Issue 4
- 299-308 The use of QALYs in health care decision making
by Loomes, Graham & McKenzie, Lynda
- 309-314 Family-oriented prevention of cardiovascular disease: A social epidemiological approach
by Venters, Maurine H.
- 315-321 Introduction of information during the initial medical visit: Consequences for patient follow-through with physician recommendations for medication
by Rost, Kathryn & Carter, William & Inui, Thomas
- 323-331 Treatment patterns for schizophrenia in psychiatric hospitals
by Wolff, Nancy & Henderson, Paul R. & MacAskill, Robin L. & Rosenstein, Marilyn J. & Milazzo-Sayre, Laura J. & Larson, David & Manderscheid, Ronald
- 333-338 A social history of psychotropic drug advertisements
by Neill, John R.
- 339-346 Communication in the hospital setting: A survey of medical and everyday language use amongst patients, nurses and doctors
by Bourhis, Richard Y. & Roth, Sharon & MacQueen, Glenda
- 347-354 Geographic differences in the use of veterans administration hospitals
by Friss, Lois & Friedman, Bernard & Demakis, John
- 355-364 Breast-feeding and health professionals: A study in hospitals in Indonesia
by Hull, Valerie J. & Thapa, Shyam & Wiknjosastro, Gulardi
- 365-379 Sensitization to illness and the risk of death: An explanation for Sri Lanka's approach to good health for all
by Caldwell, John & Gajanayake, Indra & Caldwell, Pat & Peiris, Indrani
- 381-388 FIJAc: Fright and illness in highland Yemen
by Swagman, Charles F.
- 389-398 Longitudinal study of appraisal at Three Mile Island: Implications for life event research
by Goldsteen, Raymond & Schorr, John K. & Goldsteen, Karen S.
- 399-403 The effects of mental dysfunction on nursing home care
by Rohrer, James E. & Buckwalter, Kathleen & Russell, Daniel
1989, Volume 28, Issue 3
- 183-195 Catastrophic stress and factors affecting its consequences among Southeast Asian refugees
by Beiser, Morton & Turner, R.Jay & Ganesan, Soma
- 197-205 International employment and children: Geographical mobility and mental health among children of professionals
by Haour-Knipe, Mary
- 207-210 Information-based rehabilitation for third world disability
by Miles, M.
- 211-222 The economics of mild hypertension programmes
by Edgar, Mark A. & Schnieden, Harold
- 223-231 The limits of medicine: Women's perception of medical technology
by Gabe, Jonathan & Calnan, Michael
- 233-238 Survival of female breast cancer patients in Finland and in Estonia: Stage at diagnosis important determinant of the difference between countries
by Karjalainen, Sakari & Aareleid, Tiiu & Hakulinen, Timo & Pukkala, Eero & Rahu, Mati & Tekkel, Mare
- 239-247 Psychosocial adjustment following a stroke
by Thompson, Suzanne C. & Sobolew-Shubin, Alexandria & Graham, Melody A. & Janigian, Aris S.
- 249-260 Role of support networks in maintenance of improved cardiovascular health status
by O'Reilly, Patrick & Emerson Thomas, H.
- 261-270 Employment of individuals with haemophilia in the Netherlands
by Varekamp, I. & Smit, C. & Rosendaal, F.R. & Bröcker-Vriends, A. & Briët, E. & van Dijck, H. & Suurmeijer, T.P.B.M.
- 271-274 Breastfeeding trends in Singapore
by Chua, S. & Viegas, O.A.C. & Counsilman, J.J. & Ratnam, S.S.
- 275-284 Differential alcohol-related mortality among American Indian tribes in Oklahoma, 1968-1978
by Christian, Charles M. & Dufour, Mary & Bertolucci, Darryl
- 285-292 Determinants of fertility in a rural society: Some evidence from Sierra Leone
by Balley, Mohamed
- 293-297 Paternalism and finnish anti-smoking policy
by Häyry, Heta & Häyry, Matti & Karjalainen, Sakari
1989, Volume 28, Issue 2
- 99-107 Professional uncertainty and physician medical decision-making in a multiple treatment framework
by Wolff, Nancy
- 109-113 Using administrative data from Manitoba, Canada to study treatment outcomes: Developing control groups and adjusting for case severity
by Roos, Noralou P.
- 115-120 Coronary arteriography rates in Switzerland--How do they vary?
by Santos-Eggimann, Brigitte & Paccaud, Fred & Gutzwiller, Felix
- 121-129 Regional dispersion of independent professionals in primary health care in the Netherlands
by Hingstman, L. & Boon, H.
- 131-139 An investigation of the effect of regional variation in the treatment of hypertension
by Christiansen, Terkel & Pedersen, Kjeld Møller & Harvald, Bent & Rasmussen, Knud & Jørgensen, Jørgen & Svarer, Christian
- 141-146 A cartographic study of hospital utilization in the county of Uppsala
by Haglund, Bengt
- 147-154 A quasi-experimental design based on regional variations: Discussion of a method for evaluating outcomes of medical practice
by Loft, Anne & Andersen, Tavs Folmer & Madsen, Mette
- 155-164 "A built bed is a filled bed?" An empirical re-examination
by van Doorslaer, E.K.A. & van Vliet, R.C.J.A.
- 165-173 Variations in resource utilization--The role of medical practice and its economic impact
by Eckerlund, Ingemar & Håkansson, Stefan
- 175-182 Assessing data quality: A computerized approach
by Roos, Leslie L. & Sharp, Sandra M. & Wajda, Andre
1989, Volume 28, Issue 1
- 1-8 AIDS in Africa: Emerging trends
by Pela, A. Ona & Platt, Jerome J.
- 9-12 Health information imperatives for Third World countries
by Osiobe, Stephen A.
- 13-15 The measurement of hospital efficiency: A comment
by Wagstaff, Adam
- 15-17 The measurement of hospital efficiency: A reply
by McGuire, Alistair
- 19-27 Effects of breast cancer and mastectomy on emotional support and adjustment
by Zemore, Robert & Shepel, Lawrence F.
- 29-36 Dimensions of negative affectivity, self-reported somatic symptoms, and health-related behaviors
by Vassend, Olav
- 37-44 Defensive work in nursing homes: Accountability gone amok
by Wiener, Carolyn L. & Kayser-Jones, Jeanie
- 45-51 Differences between Kallawaya-Andean and Greek-European humoral theory
by Bastien, Joseph W.
- 53-58 Measuring satisfaction with health care: A comparison of single with paired rating strategies
by Sutherland, H. J. & Lockwood, G. A. & Minkin, S. & Tritchler, D. L. & Till, J. E. & Llewellyn-Thomas, H. A.
- 59-67 As children survive: Dilemmas of aging in the developing world
by Bicknell, William J. & Parks, Cindy Lou
- 69-80 Perceptual correlates of physician referral to physical therapists: Implications for role expansion
by Ritchey, Ferris J. & Pinkston, Dorothy & Goldbaum, Joanne E. & Heerten, Margret E.
- 81-86 A prospective study to identify the fall-prone patient
by Morse, Janice M. & Black, Colleen & Oberle, Kathleen & Donahue, Patricia
- 87-92 It's how you say it: Physicians' vocal behavior
by Harrigan, Jinni A. & Gramata, James F. & Lucic, Karen S. & Margolis, Charles
- 93-97 Three conflicts as a result of causal attributions
by Kroode, Herman Ten & Oosterwijk, Mieke & Steverink, Nardi
1988, Volume 27, Issue 12
- 1299-1308 Medical compliance as an ideology
by Trostle, James A.
- 1309-1316 Sports participation and health status: A preliminary analysis
by Lamb, K.L. & Dench, S. & Brodie, D.A. & Roberts, K.
- 1317-1325 Socioeconomic status and health status: A study of males in the Canada health survey
by Hay, David Ian
- 1327-1335 Revision of the Italian psychiatric reform: North/South differences and future strategies
by Bollini, Paola & Reich, Michael & Muscettola, Giovanni
- 1337-1342 Predictive value of life events, psychosocial factors and self-rated health on disability in an elderly rural French population
by Grand, A. & Grosclaude, P. & Bocquet, H. & Pous, J. & Albarede, J.L.
- 1343-1348 The concept of flow in Rwandan popular medicine
by Taylor, Christopher C.
- 1349-1355 Depression in unemployed Swedish women
by Hall, Ellen M. & Johnson, Jeffrey V.
- 1357-1368 Maternal education and child survival in developing countries: The search for pathways of influence
by Cleland, John G. & van Ginneken, Jerome K.
- 1369-1379 Is there a religious factor in health care utilization?: A review
by Schiller, Preston L. & Levin, Jeffrey S.