Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple (last 10 years), Recursive (10), Discounted (10), Recursive discounted (10), H-Index (10), Aggregate (10)
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57| 58| 59| 60
1990, Volume 30, Issue 5
- 579-589 Physician utilization and urban native people in Saskatoon, Canada
by Waldram, James B.
- 591-596 Self care--Who does best?
by McLean, Julienne & Pietroni, Patrick
- 597-604 Psychosocial influences on new born outcomes: A controlled prospective study
by Pagel, Mark D. & Smilkstein, Gabriel & Regen, Hari & Montano, Dan
- 605-615 Determinants of active self-care behaviour of insulin treated patients with diabetes: Implications for diabetes education
by de Weerdt, Inge & Visser, Adriaan Ph. & Kok, Gerjo & van der Veen, Ed A.
- 617-623 Ghost illness in a North Indian village
by Freed, Ruth S. & Freed, Stanley A.
- 625-633 Breast-feeding in the modern health sector in Indonesia: The mother's perspective
by Hull, Valerie & Thapa, Shyam & Pratomo, Hadi
- 635-637 The relationship of social support and health
by Bloom, Joan R.
- 639-640 Driving experience and the risk of traffic accident among motorcyclists
by Wong, Tze-Wai & Lee, James & Phoon, Wai-on & Yiu, Po-Chu & Fung, Kam-Pui & McLean, Jack A.
1990, Volume 30, Issue 4
- 389-399 Clinical ethics: A role theoretic look
by Agich, George J.
- 401-405 Some links between successful implementation of primary health care interventions and the overall utilization of health services
by Gish, Oscar
- 407-415 Women and AIDS
by Campbell, Carole A.
- 417-429 Doctors and the state: Lessons from the Biko case
by Silove, Derrick
- 431-440 Behavioural factors affecting physical health of the New Zealand Maori
by Sachdev, Perminder S.
- 441-447 The biocultural context of social networks and depression among the elderly
by Palinkas, Lawrence A. & Wingard, Deborah L. & Barrett-Connor, Elizabeth
- 449-455 The mundane ailment and the physical self: Analysis of the social psychology of health and illness
by Olesen, Virginia & Schatzman, Leonard & Droes, Nellie & Hatton, Diane & Chico, Nan
- 457-467 The confounding of occupation and smoking and its consequences
by Sterling, T. & Weinkam, J.
- 469-477 Gender differences in the effect of unemployment on psychological distress
by Ensminger, Margaret E. & Celentano, David D.
- 479-486 Injury mortality in American Indian, Hispanic, and non-Hispanic white children in new Mexico, 1958-1982
by Olson, Lenora M. & Becker, Thomas M. & Wiggins, Charles L. & Key, Charles R. & Samet, Jonathan M.
- 487-494 Barriers and motivators to prenatal care among low-income women
by Lia-Hoagberg, Betty & Rode, Peter & Skovholt, Catherine J. & Oberg, Charles N. & Berg, Cynthia & Mullett, Sara & Choi, Thomas
- 497-502 Low birth-weight and pre-term delivery in South-East Asia. The who international collaborative study of hypertensive disorders of pregnancy
by Golding, Jean & Shenton, Terry
- 503-508 Social support, stress and functional status in patients with osteoarthritis
by Weinberger, Morris & Tierney, William M. & Booher, Patricia & Hiner, Sharon L.
- 509-515 Long-term patterns of general practice consulting behaviour: A qualitative 9-year analysis of general practice histories of a working-aged rural Finnish population
by Kokko, Simo J.
1990, Volume 30, Issue 3
- 261-266 Trends in the geographic inequality of cardiovascular disease mortality in the United States, 1962-1982
by Wing, Steve & Casper, Michele & Davis, Wayne & Hayes, Carl & Riggan, Wilson & Tyroler, H.A.
- 267-279 HIV/AIDS and school boards: A policy approach
by Foster, William F. & Somerville, Margaret A. & Duckett, Margaret
- 281-287 Community health workers in Bolivia: Adapting to traditional roles in the Andean community
by Bastien, Joseph W.
- 289-295 Prenatal screening of pregnant mothers for parenting difficulties: Final results from the Queen Mary Child care unit
by Egan, Tony G. & Monaghan, Sheila M. & Muir, Roy C. & Gilmore, Ruth J. & Clarkson, John E. & Crooks, Terry J.
- 297-304 Patient outcomes and regional planning of coronary care services: A location-allocation approach
by McLafferty, Sara & Broe, Daniel
- 305-310 Gender differences in tobacco use in Kenya
by Kaplan, Mara & Carriker, Laura & Waldron, Ingrid
- 311-323 Spiritual and natural etiologies on a Polynesian outlier in Papua New Guinea
by Feinberg, Richard
- 325-339 A model of empathic understanding and adherence to treatment regimens in practitioner-patient relationships
by Squier, Roger W.
- 341-348 Breast feeding promotion in an urban and a rural Jamaican hospital
by Cunningham, William E. & Segree, Winsome
- 349-364 Preventing alcohol related birth damage: A review
by Waterson, E.J. & Murray-Lyon, Iain M.
- 365-372 The social recognition of repetition strain injuries: An Australian/American comparison
by Hopkins, Andrew
- 373-378 Male and female physicians: Family and career comparisons
by Uhlenberg, Peter & Cooney, Teresa M.
- 379-383 Determinants of partial participation in the immunization programmes in Iran
by Nasseri, Kiumarss & Latifi, Mehdi & Azordegan, Firooz & Shafii, Forough & All-E-Agha, Reza
1990, Volume 30, Issue 2
- 179-187 Reinventing medical anthropology: Toward a critical realignment
by Singer, Merrill
- 189-197 Three propositions for a critically applied medical anthropology
by Scheper-Hughes, Nancy
- 199-204 Some implications for the study of the doctor-patient interaction: Power, structure, and agency in the works of Howard Waitzkin and Arthur Kleinman
by Pappas, Gregory
- 205-209 Somatizing distress: Hospital treatment of psychiatric co-morbidity and the limitations of biomedicine
by Padgett, Deborah & Johnson, Thomas M.
- 211-219 International politics and primary health care in Costa Rica
by Morgan, Lynn M.
- 221-226 A question of adequacy: Primary health care in the Dominican Republic
by Whiteford, Linda M.
- 227-235 Transnational tobacco companies and health in underdeveloped countries: Recommendations for avoiding a smoking epidemic
by Stebbins, Kenyon Rainier
- 237-248 Kerr-McGee and the NRC: From Indian country to silkwood to Gore
by Baer, Hans
- 249-260 A critical perspective on coronary artery disease and coronary bypass surgery
by Bates, Maryann S.
- V-VIII Critical medical anthropology in question
by Singer, Merrill & Baer, Hans A. & Lazarus, Ellen
1990, Volume 30, Issue 1
- VII-IX Introduction
by Earickson, Robert
- 1-12 Spatial patterns of use of health services in the Kingston Metropolitan Area, Jamaica
by Bailey, W. & Phillips, D.R.
- 13-24 The ecology of health services utilization in Grenada, West Indies
by Poland, Blake D. & Martin Taylor, S. & Hayes, Michael V.
- 25-34 Correlates of health-care use: Inuit and cree of Northern Quebec
by Thouez, Jean-Pierre & Foggin, Peter & Rannou, Andre
- 35-44 Ontario's underserviced area program revisited: An indirect analysis
by Anderson, Malcolm & Rosenberg, Mark W.
- 45-52 A framework for modeling the consumption of health services by the rural elderly
by Joseph, Alun E. & Cloutier, Denise S.
- 53-66 Socio-spatial perspectives on the utilization of emergency hospital services in two urban territories in Quebec
by Béland, François & Philibert, Lise & Thouez, Jean-Pierre & Maheux, Brigitte
- 67-82 Variation in Michigan hospital use rates: Do physician and hospital characteristics provide the explanation?
by Clark, Jane Deane
- 83-94 An analysis of psychiatric patient attributes in Salford using categorical data models
by Nutter, R.D. & Thomas, R.W.
- 95-102 Housing satisfaction, preference and need among the chronically mentally disabled in Hamilton, Ontario
by Elliott, Susan J. & Taylor, S.Martin & Kearns, Robin A.
- 103-109 Congenital malformations in the fylde region of Lancashire, England 1957-1973
by Lovett, A.A. & Gatrell, A.C. & Bound, J.P. & Harvey, P.W. & Whelan, A.R.
- 111-118 The community perinatal health care system of urban Cape Town, South Africa--I. Characteristics of mothers and birth outcomes
by Rip, Michael Russell & Hunter, John M.
- 119-130 The community perinatal health care system of urban Cape Town, South Africa--II. Geographical patterns
by Rip, Michael Russell & Hunter, John M.
- 131-141 Housing dampness and health amongst British Bengalis in East London
by Hyndman, S.J.
- 143-155 Health based geographical information systems: Their potential examined in the light of existing data sources
by Twigg, Liz
- 157-164 How significant are the spatial configurations of health care systems?
by Eyles, John
- 165-171 Conceptions of space and community in British health policy
by Moon, Graham
- 173-177 Activism for medical geographers: American, British and Canadian viewpoints
by Greenberg, Michael R. & Rosenberg, Mark W. & Phillips, David R. & Schneider, Dona
- V-V Foreword
by Earickson, Robert
1989, Volume 29, Issue 12
- 1319-1330 The documentation of Nazi medicine by German medical sociologists: A review article
by Maretzki, Thomas W.
- 1330-1331 Comments
by Unschuld, Paul U. & Weber, Mathias
- 1333-1341 Child health and child care in Okelele: An indigenous area of the city of Ilorin, Nigeria
by Adedoyin, Michael A. & Watts, Susan J.
- 1343-1349 Community health services and health care utilization in rural Bangladesh
by Amin, Ruhul & Chowdhury, Shifiq A. & Kamal, G. M. & Chowdhury, J.
- 1351-1362 Epidemiological appraisal of the active role of women in the decline of infant mortality in Spain during the twentieth century
by Garcia-Gil, Carmen & Cortés-Majó, Margarita & Garcia Nieto, Adoración & Rosado Martín, Mercedes & Nájera, Enrique
- 1363-1366 Studies on drug utilization: Bilateral case study in Poland and Sweden
by Szuba, T. J. & Westerholm, B.
- 1367-1372 Occupational position and type a behavior: Results from the first Monica survey, Augsburg, F.R.G
by Härtel, U. & Chambless, L.
- 1373-1379 Lead based remedies for empacho: Patterns and consequences
by Baer, Roberta D. & de Alba, Javier Garcia & Cueto, Luz Maria & Ackerman, Alan & Davison, Sharon
- 1381-1385 Privacy between physicians and patients: More than a matter of confidentiality
by Parrott, Roxanne & Burgoon, Judee K. & Burgoon, Michael & LePoire, Beth A.
- 1387-1392 Development of a social support instrument for use in population surveys
by Undén, Anna-Lena & Orth-Gomér, Kristina
- 1393-1399 Indian nutritionists and international nutritional standards: Concepts and controversies
by Messer, Ellen
1989, Volume 29, Issue 11
- 1235-1242 The construction of a social phenomenon: AIDS in the French press
by Herzlich, Claudine & Pierret, Janine
- 1243-1248 Comparisons between the self-assessed and observer-assessed presence and severity of colds
by Macintyre, Sally & Pritchard, Colin
- 1249-1252 National suicide and homicide rates: Correlates versus predictors
by Lester, David
- 1253-1259 Work disability among cancer patients
by Greenwald, Howard P. & Dirks, Susan J. & Borgatta, Edgar F. & McCorkle, Ruth & Nevitt, Michael C. & Yelin, Edward H.
- 1261-1269 The family's functioning with chronic illness in the mother: The spouse's perspective
by Lewis, Frances Marcus & Fugate Woods, Nancy & Ellison Hough, Edythe & Southwick Bensley, Lillian
- 1271-1280 Medical and social predictors of longevity in the elderly: Total predictive value and interdependence
by Deeg, Dorly J. H. & van Zonneveld, Robert J. & van der Maas, Paul J. & Habbema, J. Dik F.
- 1281-1288 Concepts in health promotion: The notion of relativism
by De Leeuw, Evelyne
- 1289-1297 Is it any good? The evaluation of therapy by participants in a clinical trial
by Wynne, Anna
- 1299-1303 Women's education and its influence on attitudes to aspects of child-care in a village community in Kerala
by Kutty, V. Raman
- 1305-1306 AIDS and its metaphors
by Guest, Charles
1989, Volume 29, Issue 10
- 1147-1155 Hidden consequences of state violence: Spinal cord injuries in Soweto, South Africa
by Cock, Jacklyn
- 1157-1162 Issues of definitions and their implications: AIDS and leprosy
by Volinn, Ilse J.
- 1163-1174 Low utilization of community health workers: Results from a household interview survey in Burkina Faso
by Sauerborn, R. & Nougtara, A. & Diesfeld, H. J.
- 1175-1181 Are psychological disorders most prevalent among older adults? examining the evidence
by Feinson, Marjorie Chary
- 1183-1190 Power and pain: The location of pain and fear in dentistry and the creation of a dental subject
by Nettleton, Sarah
- 1191-1198 Private troubles and public issues: Providing abortion amid competing definitions
by Roe, Kathleen M.
- 1199-1205 User fees for health care in developing countries: A case study of Bangladesh
by Stanton, Bonita & Clemens, John
- 1207-1216 Swedish physicians' perspectives on work and the medical care system--v. comparisons across specialties
by Twaddle, Andrew C.
- 1217-1227 A skin test survey of valley fever in Tijuana, Mexico
by Fredrich, Barbara E.
- 1229-1230 The economics of health care : by , and . Routledge & Kegan Paul, London, 1988. 286 pp
by Barer, Michael L.
1989, Volume 29, Issue 9
- 1043-1049 Guinea worm: An in-depth study of what happens to mothers, families and communities
by Watts, Susan J. & Brieger, William R. & Yacoob, May
- 1051-1056 Social support, life events and psychosomatic symptoms among 14-16-year-old adolescents
by Aro, Hillevi & Hänninen, Vilma & Paronen, Olavi
- 1057-1063 Reflexions methodologiques et epistemologiques en acupuncture
by Pascual, Pierre
- 1065-1070 Predictors of simple diarrhoea in children under 5 years--A study of a sudanese rural community
by El Samani, Fatih Z. & Willett, Walter C. & Ware, James H.
- 1071-1076 Human immunodeficiency virus seroprevalence in female intravenous drug users: The puzzle of black women's risk
by Lewis, Diane K. & Watters, John K.
- 1077-1082 Psychotoxicology: The return of the mad hatter
by Dumont, Matthew P.
- 1083-1089 Twins, smoking and mortality: A 12-year prospective study of smoking-discordant twin pairs
by Kaprio, Jaakko & Koskenvuo, Markku
- 1091-1098 The continuity of vaccination programmes: Reflections and a case from Gujarat, India
by Streefland, Pieter H.
- 1099-1104 Changing traditional medicine in rural Swaziland: The effects of the global system
by Gort, Enid
- 1105-1109 The finnish family competence study: Characteristics of pregnant women with low childbirth knowledge
by Rautava, Päivi
- 1111-1119 Traditional practitioners' behavioural adaptations to changing patients' demands in Sri Lanka
by Wolffers, Ivan
- 1121-1127 Deaths from injuries and induced abortion among rural Bangladeshi women
by Fauveau, V. & Blanchet, T.
- 1129-1131 Psychological aspects of albinism: An exploratory study with Nigerian (IGBO) albino subjects
by Ezeilo, Bernice N.
- 1133-1140 Dissemination of health information among rural dwellers in Africa: A Ghanaian experience
by Bosompra, Kwadwo
- 1143-1143 Suicide rates and handgun ownership in the United States 1959-1984: The relationship between changes in the variables
by Yang, Bijou & Lester, David
1989, Volume 29, Issue 8
- 905-905 Preface
by McGlashan, Neil D. & Chick, Neil K.
- 907-911 Regionalizing mortality data: Ischaemic heart disease in Norway
by Aase, Asbjørn
- 913-922 The epidemiological transition in an overseas territory: Disease mapping in French Polynesia
by Vigneron, Emmanuel
- 923-926 Geology, trace elements and health
by Warren, Harry V.
- 927-932 Health problems in rural communities, Zimbabwe
by Mutambirwa, Jane
- 933-938 An assessment of a rural health programme on child and maternal care: The Ogbomoso Community Health Care Programme (CHCP), Oyo State, Nigeria
by Iyun, Folasade
- 939-942 Geriatric assessment--An Australian idea
by Munro-Ashman, J.
- 943-951 Relations between health levels, services and demand in French Polynesia
by Vigneron, Emmanuel
- 953-958 The Hobart typhoid epidemic of 1887-88
by Kellaway, R.G.
- 959-964 Air pollution and respiratory diseases in children in São Paulo, Brazil
by Sobral, Helena Ribeiro
- 965-974 The other face of development: Native population, health status and indicators of malnutrition--The case of the Cree and Inuit of Northern Quebec
by Thouez, J.P. & Rannou, A. & Foggin, P.
- 975-982 Management of pneumonia in India and Indonesia
by Edmundson, Wade C. & Harris, Shelley A.
- 983-990 Lymphatic filariasis in Madras, India
by Hyma, B. & Ramesh, A. & Gunesekaran, K.
- 991-997 Acute diarrhoeal disease in India and Indonesia
by Edmundson, S.A. & Edmundson, Wade C.
- 999-1001 Brucellosis in Saudi Arabia
by Kiel, Frank W. & Yousuf Khan, M.
- 1003-1008 The geographical distribution of motorcycle accidents in Tasmania, 1983-1986
by Anutha, K. & Chladil, M.A.
- 1009-1013 Asbestos hazards in the city of Rome, Italy
by Del Piano, M. & Palagiano, C. & Rimatori, V.
- 1015-1026 Sudden infant deaths in Tasmania, 1980-1986: A seven year prospective study
by McGlashan, Neil D.
- 1027-1033 The diffusion of cardiovascular disease in the Norwegian farming community: A comnination of morbidity and mortality data
by Aase, Asbjørn & Almås, Reidar
- 1035-1042 Stroke mortality in Miyagi, Japan
by Sato, Tokiko
1989, Volume 29, Issue 7
- 791-792 The concept of disease: Its evolution in medical students
by Stefan, M. D. & McManus, I. C.
- 793-798 Love, self-esteem, and multiple sclerosis
by Walsh, Anthony & Walsh, Patricia Ann
- 799-811 Culture and 'compliance' among leprosy patients in Pakistan
by Mull, J. Dennis & Wood, Corinne Shear & Gans, Lydia P. & Mull, Dorothy S.
- 813-818 Predicting the onset of smoking in boys and girls
by Charlton, Anne & Blair, Valerie
- 819-833 Pesticides et cancers en milieu rural agricole au Quebec: Interpretation geographique
by Godon, Daniel & Lajoie, Pierre & Thouez, Jean-Pierre & Nadeau, Daniel
- 835-844 Exploring the determinants of periodontal treatment costs: A special focus on cigarette smoking
by Sintonen, Harri & Tuominen, Risto
- 845-852 Changing health beliefs and behaviors of resettled Laotian refugees: Ethnic variation in adaptation
by Brainard, Jean & Zaharlick, Amy
- 853-857 Prescription drug advertising trends: A study of oral hypoglycemics
by Mehta, Kumar K. & Sorofman, Bernard A. & Rowland, Clayton R.
- 859-868 Breast feeding and bottle feeding controversies in the developing world: Evidence from a study in four countries
by Winikoff, Beverly & Laukaran, Virginia H.
- 869-876 Sex differentials in cardiovascular mortality: An ecological analysis
by Park, Kyung Ae & Clifford, William B.
- 877-883 Assessing Arab-American health care needs
by Laffrey, Shirley C. & Meleis, Afaf I. & Lipson, Juliene G. & Solomon, Margot & Omidian, Patricia A.
- 885-889 Differential mortality by ethnicity: Foreign-born Irish, Italians and Jews in New York city, 1979-81
by Rosenwaike, Ira & Hempstead, Katherine
- 891-894 Cigarette smoking among medical students in Belgrade related to parental smoking habits
by Vlajinac, Hristina & Adanja, Benko & Jarebinski, Mirjana
- 895-896 Quest for health (a fable)
by Rodd, Nancy
- 897-898 Turkish migrants and somatic fixation in the Netherlands: Research in Amsterdam
by De Bruyn, Maria
- 901-901 Letter to the editor
by van der Geest, Sjaak
1989, Volume 29, Issue 6
- 691-693 The making of a sociomedical scientist
by Cahalan, Don
- 695-703 The long-run cost characteristics of dental practices in the U.S.A
by Brown, L.Jackson
- 705-714 Sentinel health events as indicators of unmet needs
by Carr, Willine & Szapiro, natan & Heisler, Toni & Krasner, Melvin I.
- 715-719 Issues and problems in measuring children's health status in community health research
by Fink, Raymond
- 721-728 The sociological image of medicine and the patient
by Gerhardt, Uta
- 729-732 Premature mortality and chronic alcoholism: Medical examiner cases, New Jersey
by Haberman, Paul W. & Natarajan, Geetha
- 733-742 The impact of the physical environment on the psychological well-being of office workers
by Klitzman, Susan & Stellman, Jeanne M.
- 743-751 Life events, meaning and narrative: The case of infidelity and divorce
by Riessman, Catherine Kohler
- 753-760 Professional life cycle changes and their effect on knowledge level of dental practitioners
by Sadowsky, Donald & Kunzel, Carol
- 761-768 An empirical analysis of the dimensions of health status measures
by Segovia, Jorge & Bartlett, Roy F. & Edwards, Alison C.
- 769-778 What diagnosis does not tell: The case for a noncategorical approach to chronic illness in childhood
by Stein, Ruth E.K. & Jessop, Dorothy Jones
- 779-789 Drug use among Puerto Rican youth: An exploration of generational status differences
by Velez, Carmen Noemi & Ungemack, Jane A.
1989, Volume 29, Issue 5
- 591-597 Non-government organizations in the health field: Collaboration, integration and contrasting aims in Africa
by Mburu, F.M.
- 599-608 Are large-scale volunteer community health worker programmes feasible? The case of Sri Lanka
by Walt, Gill & Perera, Myrtle & Heggenhougen, Kris
- 609-616 Impairment, disability and handicap in chronic respiratory illness
by Williams, Simon J. & Bury, Michael R.
- 617-626 Respiratory health indicators and acculturation among the Inuit and Cree of Northern Quebec: A regional approach using geographic seriation analysis
by Foggin, P.M. & Aurillon, N.
- 627-634 From anomie to anomia and anomic depression: A sociological critique on the use of anomie in psychiatric research
by Deflem, Mathieu
- 635-642 The social experiences of cancer patients under treatment: A comparative study
by Tempelaar, R. & de Haes, J.C.J.M. & de Ruiter, J.H. & Bakker, D. & van den Heuvel, W.J.A. & van Nieuwenhuijzen, M.G.
- 643-652 Born female: The development of nursing in Thailand
by Muecke, Marjorie A. & Srisuphan, Wichit
- 653-658 The demand for abortion in England and Wales
by Cairns, John A.
- 659-667 The relation of widow's needs and resources to perceived health and depression
by Lowenstein, Ariela & Rosen, Aaron
- 669-675 'Source force' and the Nepal medical profession
by Weiner, Saul J.
- 677-679 Infant mortality and health care in Mexican communities
by Holian, John
- 681-681 The impact of environmental factors upon patient attitudes and behaviour. A sociological study from Poland
by Lignowska, Iza
- 685-687 A disavowal and criticisms of 'breastfeeding trends in Singapore'
by Counsilman, J.J.
1989, Volume 29, Issue 4
- 479-486 Availability of pharmaceuticals in sub-Saharan Africa: Roles of the public, private and church mission sectors
by Vogel, Ronald J. & Stephens, Betsy
- 487-496 Healers, deities, saints and doctors: elements for the analysis of medical systems
by Pedersen, Duncan & Baruffati, Veronica
- 497-502 The psychosocial adjustment of patients and spouses to dialysis treatment
by Soskolne, Varda & De-Nour, Atara Kaplan
- 503-514 Making health policy management intersectoral: Issues of information analysis and use in less developed countries
by de Kadt, Emanuel
- 515-526 On the specificity of healing functions: A study of diagnosis in three faith healing institutions in Feira (Bahia, Brazil)
by Ngokwey, Ndolamb
- 527-536 The effects of nursing and physician services: Some preliminary results
by Hogan, Andrew J. & Rohrer, James E.
- 537-544 The logic of a controversy: The case of agent orange in Australia
by Hall, Wayne
- 545-553 The public controversies of aids in Puerto Rico
by Cunningham, Ineke
- 555-561 Family response in head injury: Denial ... or hope for the future?
by Ridley, Barbara
- 563-575 Sinking heart: A Punjabi communication of distress
by Krause, Inga-Britt
- 577-584 Community and individual considerations in legislation and test policy regarding HIV-infection in the Nordic countries--a cross national comparative study
by Krasnik, Allan & Bjoerner, Jakob & Christensen, Birgit Westphal
- 585-588 Do low levels of labour pain reflect low sensitivity to noxious stimulation?
by Niven, Catherine A. & Gijsbers, Karel J.
1989, Volume 29, Issue 3
- 265-276 AIDS: Methodological problems in studying its prevention and spread
by Ankrah, E. Maxine
- 277-292 Methodological problems in the study of psychosocial influences on the AIDS process
by Kaplan, Howard B.
- 293-300 Assumptions governing approaches to diagnosis and treatment
by Aakster, Cor W.
- 301-307 Traditional or transitional medical systems? Pharmacotherapy as a case for analysis
by Tan, Michael Lim
- 309-315 The health of adolescents: Beliefs and behaviour
by Friedman, Herbert L.
- 317-325 Understanding childrens' health behaviour: The implications for health promotion for young people
by Nutbeam, Don & Aar, Leif & Catford, John
- 327-339 Cultural variations in the response to psychiatric disorders and emotional distress
by Kirmayer, Laurence J.
- 341-349 Differences in the approaches of the doctor, manager, politician and social scientist in health care controversies--Hospital case-mix management methods: An illustration of the manager's approach in health care controversies
by de Pouvourville, Gérard
- 351-356 Technological disaster--Survival and bereavement
by Hodgkinson, Peter E.
- 357-367 Ecological upheavals with special reference to desertification and predicting health impact
by Were, Miriam K.
- 369-376 The contribution of medical care to inequalities in health: Differences between socio-economic groups in decline of mortality from conditions amenable to medical intervention
by Mackenbach, Johan P. & Stronks, Karien & Kunst, Anton E.
- 377-383 Generational equity in America: A cultural historian's perspective
by Cole, Thomas R.
- 385-394 Justice across the generations
by Somerville, Margaret A.
- 395-402 Non-governmental organizations in the health field: Collaboration, integration and contrasting aims
by Smith, Karl
- 403-411 Man and his parasites: Integration of biomedical and social approaches to transmission and control
by Holland, Celia V.
- 413-423 Nutrition and health: Patterns and policy perspectives in food-rich countries
by Milio, Nancy
- 425-434 Pain: Its experience and treatments
by Baszanger, Isabelle