Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ellen Annandale to have the entry updated or send us the correct address.
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Wendy Shamier)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57
1988, Volume 27, Issue 11
- 1295-1298 Distribution of knowledge of AIDS: A national study
by Ross, Michael W.
1988, Volume 27, Issue 10
- 1011-1018 Social policy for pollution-related diseases
by Reich, Michael R.
- 1019-1029 Science and persuasion: Environmental disease in U.S. courts
by Boden, Leslie I. & Raymond Miyares, J. & Ozonoff, David
- 1031-1041 Scientific information in judicial and administrative systems
by Burger Jr, Edward J.
- 1043-1052 Compensation of pollution-related health damage in Japan
by Aronson, Bruce
- 1053-1059 Current problems and prospects with the Japanese compensation system for pollution-related health damage
by Awaji, Takehisa & Tsukatani, Tsuneo
- 1061-1070 A review of legal and policy issues in legislating compensation for victims of toxic substance pollution
by Soble, Stephen M & Brennan, Janis H
- 1071-1084 Collective judicial management of mass toxic tort controversies: Lessons and issues from the agent orange litigation
by Novey, Lawrence B.
- 1085-1095 Major industrial risks and compensation of victims: The role for insurance
by Smets, Henri
- 1097-1103 The psychological dimensions of health care for patients exposed to radiation and the other invisible environmental contaminants
by Vyner, Henry M.
- 1105-1112 Some international law aspects of the Bhopal disaster
by Tyagi, Y.K. & Rosencranz, Armin
- 1113-1123 The Bhopal disaster and the right to know
by Jasanoff, Sheila
1988, Volume 27, Issue 9
- 879-888 Transforming China's collective health care system: A village study
by Huang, Shu-Min
- 889-894 Post-1950 mortality trends and medical care: Gains in life expectancy due to declines in mortality from conditions amenable to medical intervention in the Netherlands
by Mackenbach, Johan P. & Looman, Caspar W.N. & Kunst, Anton E. & Habbema, J.Dik F. & van der Maas, Paul J.
- 895-900 Contributions of patients to general practitioner consultations in relation to their understanding of doctor's instructions and advice
by Robinson, E.J. & Whitfield, M.J.
- 901-910 Mortality and living conditions: Relative mortality levels and their relation to the physical quality of life in urban populations
by Anson, Jon
- 911-917 Regional variations in cardiovascular mortality in Sweden--Structural vulnerability in the local community
by Starrin, Bengt & Larsson, Gerry & Brenner, Sten-Olof
- 919-925 Ritual coordination of medical pluralism in highland Nepal: Implications for policy
by Parker, Barbara
- 927-933 Towards a conceptual framework of lay evaluation of health care
by Calnan, Michael
- 935-939 What patients like about their medical care and how often they are asked: A meta-analysis of the satisfaction literature
by Hall, Judith A. & Dornan, Michael C.
- 941-945 Oral contraceptives, sociocultural beliefs and psychiatric symptoms
by Fakhr El-Islam, M. & Malasi, Taha H. & Abu-Dagga, Sanaa I.
- 947-954 Identifying factors associated with health care use: A hospital-based risk screening index
by Evans, Ron L. & Hendricks, Robert D. & Lawrence, Kaye V. & Bishop, Duane S.
- 955-970 Computerized calculation of essential drug requirements
by Soeters, Robert & Bannenberg, Wilbert
- 971-985 La geographie du cancer de l'oesophage
by Ghadirian, P. & Thouez, J.P. & Simard, A.
- 987-994 Do British women undergo too many or too few hysterectomies?
by Coulter, Angela & McPherson, Klim & Vessey, Martin
- 995-998 Adolescents and nuclear arms issues
by Sheffet, Amiram M. & Zutz, Harry M. & Titelbaum, Jules A. & Louria, Donald B.
- 999-1002 Life stressors and social resources: An integrated assessment approach
by Moos, Rudolf H. & Fenn, Catharine B. & Billings, Andrew G.
1988, Volume 27, Issue 8
- 747-750 Techniques of healing in Southeast Asia
by Laderman, Carol & Van Esterik, Penny
- 751-759 To strengthen and refresh: Herbal therapy in Southeast Asia
by Van Esterik, Penny
- 761-768 The interplay of traditional therapies in south Thailand
by Golomb, Louis
- 769-778 Folk medicine in Laos: A comparison between two ethnic groups
by Westermeyer, Joseph
- 779-787 Healing texts and healing techniques in indigenous Balinese medicine
by McCauley, Ann P.
- 789-797 Doctoring by go-between: Aspects of health care for Malay children
by Massard, Josiane
- 799-810 Wayward winds: Malay archetypes, and theory of personality in the context of shamanism
by Laderman, Carol
- 811-818 The pragmatics of aesthetics: The performance of healing among Senoi temiar
by Roseman, Marina
- 819-828 The drum is the shaman, the spear guides his voice
by Hoskins, Janet
- 829-839 Healing boundaries in south Kalimantan
by Tsing, Anna Lowenhaupt
- 841-856 Severing the bonds of love: A case study in soul loss
by Steedly, Mary Margaret
- 857-877 Ambiguity, synecdoche and affect in semai medicine
by Dentan, Robert Knox
1988, Volume 27, Issue 7
- 661-665 Health, apartheid and the frontline states
by Zwi, Anthony & Marks, Shula & Andersson, Neil
- 667-681 Apartheid and health in the 1980s
by Andersson, Neil & Marks, Shula
- 683-689 Tuberculosis in the Western Cape health region of South Africa
by Yach, Derek
- 691-702 Occupational health and safety in South Africa: The perspectives of capital, state and unions
by Zwi, Anthony & Fonn, Sharon & Steinberg, Malcolm
- 703-716 The consequences of health service privatisation for equality and equity in health care in South Africa
by Price, Max
- 717-722 Health as a target: South Africa's destabilization of Mozambique
by Cliff, Julie & Noormahomed, Abdul Razak
- 723-731 The economy, the health sector and child health in Zimbabwe since independence
by Sanders, David & Davies, Rob
- 733-741 Labour insecurity and health: An epidemiological study in Zimbabwe
by Loewenson, Rene
- 743-745 Health, nutrition and agricultural development in Northern Zambia
by Vaughan, Megan & Moore, Henrietta
1988, Volume 27, Issue 6
- 569-578 Effects of HIV infection, perceived health and clinical status on a cohort at risk for aids
by Kessler, Ronald C. & O'Brien, Kerth & Joseph, Jill G. & Ostrow, David G. & Phair, John P. & Chmiel, Joan S. & Wortman, Camille B. & Emmons, Carol-Ann
- 579-586 Images of general practice: The perceptions of the doctor
by Calnan, Michael
- 587-596 Biocultural belief and iodine prophylaxis
by Lellep Fernandez, Renate
- 597-605 Self-assessment of health before and after a myocardial infarction
by Mæland, John G. & Havik, Odd E.
- 607-614 Child mortality in a Nigerian City: Its levels and socioeconomic differentials
by Oni, Gbolahan A.
- 615-622 Occupation, marriage and disease-specific mortality concordance
by Fletcher, Ben (C)
- 623-626 Type a behavior pattern and illness other than coronary heart disease
by Wrzesniewski, Kazimierz & Wonicki, Julian & Turlejski, Jan
- 627-636 The effect of child fostering on feeding practices and access to health services in rural Sierra Leone
by Bledsoe, Caroline H. & Ewbank, Douglas C. & Isiugo-Abanihe, Uche C.
- 637-644 Meta-analysis of satisfaction with medical care: Description of research domain and analysis of overall satisfaction levels
by Hall, Judith A. & Dornan, Michael C.
- 645-649 'Repetition strain injury': An Australian epidemic of upper limb pain
by Hall, Wayne & Morrow, Louise
- 651-660 Reasons for non-attendance for computer-managed cervical screening: Pilot interviews
by Elkind, Andrea Knopf & Haran, Dave & Eardley, Anne & Spencer, Brenda
1988, Volume 27, Issue 5
- 415-416 Permanence and change in Asian health care
by Pfleiderer, Beatrix
- 417-424 The semiotics of ritual healing in a North Indian Muslim shrine
by Pfleiderer, Beatrix
- 425-436 From mantra to mataráa: Opacity and transparency in the language of Tobelo magic and medicine (Halmahera Island, Indonesia)
by Taylor, Paul Michael
- 437-443 Supernaturalist curers and sorcery accusations in Thailand
by Golomb, Louis
- 445-450 Healing thyself: A Korean shaman's afflictions
by Kendall, Laurel
- 451-460 Bereavement and loss in two Muslim communities: Egypt and Bali compared
by Wikan, Unni
- 461-469 The quality of a mother's milk and the health of her child: Beliefs and practices of the women of Mithila
by Reissland, Nadja & Burghart, Richard
- 471-477 Humoral concepts of mental illness in India
by Weiss, Mitchell G. & Desai, Amit & Jadhav, Sushrut & Gupta, Lalit & Channabasavanna, S.M. & Doongaji, D.R. & Behere, Prakash B.
- 479-489 Exploring pluralism--The many faces of Ayurveda
by Nordstrom, Carolyn R.
- 491-495 Ayurvedic treatment for jaundice in Nepal
by Durkin, Maureen
- 497-504 Childbearing in Korea
by Sich, Dorothea
- 505-513 Modes of production and medicine: An examination of the theory in light of Sherpa medical traditionalism
by Adams, Vincanne
- 515-520 Hegemony and healing in rural North Yemen
by Myntti, Cynthia
- 521-529 Integration of traditional Chinese medicine with Western medicine--Right or wrong?
by Jingfeng, Cai
- 531-544 Plural medicine in Sri Lanka: Do ayurvedic and western medical practices differ?
by Waxler-Morrison, Nancy E.
- 545-552 Illness behaviour in Sri Lanka: Results of a survey in two Sinhalese communities
by Wolffers, Ivan
- 553-561 International consultation and the homogenization of psychiatry in Southeast Asia
by Higginbotham, Nick & Marsella, Anthony J.
- 563-567 Pharmaceuticals and health policy: An Indian example
by Stoker, Andrew & Jeffery, Roger
1988, Volume 27, Issue 4
- 291-296 Inequalities? Social class differentials in health in British youth
by West, Patrick
- 297-303 AIDS and the human community
by Loewy, Erich H.
- 305-320 HMOs in the U.S.A. and Britain: A new prospect for health care?
by Rayner, Geof
- 321-326 The expectation of life without disability in England and Wales
by Bebbington, A. C.
- 327-337 A review of the social patterning and significance of measures of height, weight, blood pressure and respiratory function
by Macintyre, Sally
- 339-343 Defining death: Organ transplants, tradition and technology in Japan
by Feldman, Eric A.
- 345-352 Origins and stability of children's health beliefs relative to medicine use
by Bush, Patricia J. & Iannotti, Ronald J.
- 353-357 Traditional medicine and the stakes of legitimation in Senegal
by Fassin, Didier & Fassin, Eric
- 359-368 Health surveys in developing countries: The objectives and design of an international programme
by Timaeus, Ian & Harpham, Trudy & Price, Max & Gilson, Lucy
- 369-375 Immediate effectiveness of brief psychological training for health professionals dealing with terminally ill cancer patients: A controlled study
by Razavi, Darius & Delvaux, Nicole & Farvacques, Christine & Robaye, Edmond
- 377-383 Artificial insemination using donor semen and the issue of secrecy: The views of donors and recipient couples
by Daniels, Ken R.
- 385-392 Social support and recovery after surgery for breast cancer: Frequency and correlates of supportive behaviours by family, friends and surgeon
by Neuling, Sandra J. & Winefield, Helen R.
- 393-397 Comparison of infants dying from the sudden infant death syndrome with matched live controls
by Bartholomew, Sheila & MacArthur, B. A.
- 399-403 Social relationships and psychological well-being in rheumatoid arthritis
by Fitzpatrick, Ray & Newman, Stanton & Lamb, Rosemarie & Shipley, Michael
- 405-410 Advantages of breastfeeding according to Turkish mothers living in Istanbul and Stockholm
by Koctürk, Tahire
1988, Volume 27, Issue 3
- 197-206 The jungle and the aroma of meats: An ecological theme in Hindu medicine
by Zimmermann, Francis
- 217-221 Confrontation and politeness strategies in physician-patient interactions
by Robins, Lynne S. & Wolf, Fredric M.
- 223-229 The development of medical sociology in Finland
by Lahelma, Eero & Riska, Elianne
- 231-238 Climate, diffused solar radiation and multiple sclerosis
by Laborde, Joyce M. & Dando, William A. & Teetzen, Merle L.
- 239-247 Unemployment and psychiatric distress: Social resources and coping
by Ensminger, Margaret E. & Celentano, David D.
- 249-254 Unintended pregnancies that lead to babies
by Cartwright, Ann
- 255-262 Predicting the effect of hospital closure on hospital utilization patterns
by McLafferty, Sara
- 263-267 Psychotropic drug use in a Swedish community--Patterns of individual use during 2 years
by Isacson, Dag & Carsjö, Kerstin & Haglund, Bengt & Smedby, Björn
- 269-275 A comparison of two survey measures of health status
by Leavey, Ralph & Wilkin, David
- 277-285 A psychosocial perspective in the explanation of patients' drug-taking behavior
by Ried, L.Douglas & Christensen, Dale B.
- 287-289 Self-medication among primary care patients in Farazdak clinic in Riyadh
by Abdelwahid Saeed, Abdalla
1988, Volume 27, Issue 2
- 119-127 Poverty and disease: Need for structural change
by Akbar Zaidi, S.
- 129-148 From vice to madness: The semantics of naturalistic and personalistic understandings in Trinidadian local medicine
by Littlewood, Roland
- 149-158 Marriage and the psychological consequences of a heart attack: A longitudinal study of adaptation to chronic illness after 3 years
by Waltz, Millard & Badura, Bernhard & Pfaff, Holgar & Schott, Thomas
- 159-166 Cancer care--A stress for health professionals
by Delvaux, Nicole & Razavi, Darius & Farvacques, Christine
- 167-172 Predictors of prenatal care utilization
by McDonald, Thomas P. & Coburn, Andrew F.
- 173-180 Journey patterns of the elderly and disabled in the cotswolds: A spatial analysis
by Gant, R. L. & Smith, J. A.
- 181-186 The single parent family and the child's mental health
by Moilanen, Irma & Rantakallio, Paula
- 187-190 Psychiatric disorders and selected variables among medical students in Belgrade (Yugoslavia)
by Eric, Ljubomir & Radovanovic, Zoran & Jevremovic, Ivana & Marinkovic, Jelena
1988, Volume 27, Issue 1
- 1-3 Anthropological studies of diarrheal illness
by Coreil, Jeannine & Mull, J. Dennis
- 5-16 Cultural models of diarrheal illness: Conceptual framework and review
by Weiss, Mitchell G.
- 17-23 The implementation of a diarrheal disease control program in Honduras: Is it 'selective primary health care' or 'integrated primary health care'?
by Kendall, Carl
- 25-38 Mystification of a simple solution: Oral rehydration therapy in Northeast Brazil
by Nations, Marilyn K. & Rebhun, L. A.
- 39-52 From aralu to ORS: Sinhalese perceptions of digestion, diarrhea, and dehydration
by Nichter, Mark
- 53-67 Mothers' concepts of childhood diarrhea in rural Pakistan: What ORT program planners should know
by Mull, J. Dennis & Mull, Dorothy S.
- 69-73 Some preliminary considerations on the sobada: A traditional treatment for gastrointestinal illness in Costa Rica
by Simpson, Sharleen H.
- 75-85 The household management of childhood diarrhea in rural North India
by Bentley, Margaret E.
- 87-96 Adoption of oral rehydration therapy among Haitian mothers
by Coreil, Jeannine & Genece, Eddy
- 97-105 Anthropological involvement in the Central American diarrheal disease control project
by Scrimshaw, Susan C. M. & Hurtado, Elena
- 107-116 Rapid ethnographic assessment: Applications in a diarrhea management program
by Bentley, Margaret E. & Pelto, Gretel H. & Straus, Walter L. & Schumann, Debra A. & Adegbola, Catherine & de la Pena, Emanuela & Oni, Gbolahan A. & Brown, Kenneth H. & Huffman, Sandra L.
- 117-118 Anthropology and oral rehydration therapy
by Neumann, Alfred K.
1988, Volume 26, Issue 12
- 1175-1181 Traditional thought and modern western surgery
by Katz, Pearl & Kirkland, Faris R.
- 1183-1189 The role of commercial sources in the adoption of a new drug
by Peay, Marilyn Y. & Peay, Edmund R.
- 1191-1196 Social science and medical education in Nigeria
by Obot, Isidore S.
- 1197-1197 Historical and cross-cultural perspectives on nerves
by Davis, Dona Lee
- 1199-1208 'Prisoners of their own feebleness': Women, nerves and western medicine--A historical overview
by Cayleff, Susan E.
- 1209-1221 Medical and popular traditions of nerves
by Davis, Dona Lee & Whitten, Richard G.
- 1223-1231 The social meanings of nervios: A case study of a central American woman
by Guarnaccia, Peter J. & Farias, Pablo
- 1233-1243 Conceptions of schizophrenia as a problem of nerves: A cross-cultural comparison of Mexican-Americans and Anglo-Americans
by Jenkins, Janis H.
- 1245-1259 'Nerves': Folk idiom for anxiety and depression?
by Nations, Marilyn K. & Camino, Linda A. & Walker, Frederic B.
1988, Volume 26, Issue 11
- 1079-1085 The taxonomy of social support: An ethnographic analysis among adolescent mothers
by Boyce, W.Thomas & Kay, Margarita & Uitti, Chris
- 1087-1093 The role of organizations in community participation--Prevention of accidental injuries in a rural Swedish municipality
by Schelp, Lothar
- 1095-1101 The doctor-patient relationship during medical internship: The evolution of dissatisfaction
by Sparr, Landy F. & Gordon, Geoffrey H. & Hickam, David H. & Girard, Donald E.
- 1103-1107 Nurses autonomy and job satisfaction
by Carmel, Sara & Yakubovich, Ilana Shoham & Zwanger, Lea & Zaltcman, Tsila
- 1109-1116 A game-theoretic approach to donor kidney sharing
by O'Brien, Bernie J.
- 1117-1124 Child morbidity in the Kingston metropolitan area, Jamaica 1983
by Bailey, Wilma
- 1125-1132 Warm bodies, cool milk: Conflicts in post partum food choice for Indochinese women in California
by Fishman, Claudia & Evans, Robin & Jenks, Eloise
- 1133-1139 Communities, self-causation and the natural lottery
by Loewy, Erich H.
- 1141-1158 Content of care by independent midwives: Assistance with pain in labor and birth
by Sakala, Carol
- 1159-1172 Mutumwa nchimi healers and wizardry beliefs in Zambia
by Dillon-Malone, Clive
- 1173-1174 Your neighbour's son: A film review with a commentary on psychosocial processes in the making of a torturer
by Allodi, F.
1988, Volume 26, Issue 10
- 979-988 The aids crisis: A United States health care perspective
by Shulman, Lawrence C. & Mantell, Joanne E.
- 989-996 Ethnicity, gender, and utilization of mental health services in a medicaid population
by Temkin-Greener, Helena & Clark, Kathryn T.
- 997-1006 Health in the early contact period: A contemporary example from Papua New Guinea
by Jenkins, Carol L.
- 1007-1017 Review of cancer among 4 religious sects: Evidence that life-styles are distinctive sets of risk factors
by Troyer, Henry
- 1019-1023 Sex differences in factors affecting the daily variation of blood pressure
by James, Gary D. & Yee, Lily S. & Harshfield, Gregory A. & Pickering, Thomas G.
- 1025-1033 Youth unemployment and ill health: Results from a 2-year follow-up study
by Hammarström, Anne & Janlert, Urban & Theorell, Töres
- 1035-1042 Audiology training in Nigeria--I: A training model
by Oyiborhoro, John M.A.
- 1043-1047 Audiology training in Nigeria--II: A cost-effective approach to training programs
by Oyiborhoro, John M.A.
- 1049-1060 Foreign medical graduates in New Zealand 1973-1979: A test of the 'exacerbation hypothesis'
by Barnett, J.Ross
- 1061-1072 Naturopathy in Canada: Changing relationships to medicine, chiropractic and the state
by Gort, Elaine H. & Coburn, David
- 1073-1077 Longhouse dwelling, social contact and the prevalence of leprosy and tuberculosis among native tribes of Sarawak
by Chen, Paul C.Y.
1988, Volume 26, Issue 9
- 879-889 Les interventions sanitaires sélectives: Un piège pour les politiques de santé du tiers monde
by Grodos, Daniel & Béthune, Xavier de
- 891-898 The evolution of selective primary health care
by Warren, Kenneth S.
- 899-902 Selectivity within primary health care
by Walsh, Julia A.
- 903-906 Selective primary health care: the counter revolution
by Newell, Kenneth W.
- 907-908 Is there a middle way? Categorical programs for PHC
by Mosley, W. Henry
- 909-917 Building the infrastructure for primary health care: An overview of vertical and integrated approaches
by Smith, Duane L. & Bryant, John H.
- 919-929 Priority setting and economic appraisal: Whose priorities--the community or the economist?
by Green, Andrew & Barker, Carol
- 931-940 Primary health care: on measuring participation
by Rifkin, Susan B. & Muller, Frits & Bichmann, Wolfgang
- 941-948 Growth monitoring--inappropriate promotion of an appropriate technology
by Nabarro, David & Chinnock, Paul
- 949-955 Comprehensive can be effective: The influence of coverage with a health centre network on the hospitalisation patterns in the rural area of Kasongo, Zaire
by Van Lerberghe, W. & Pangu, K.
- 957-962 Government health services versus community: Conflict or harmony
by Chabot, H. T. J. & Bremmers, J.
- 963-969 Gobi versus PHC? Some dangers of selective primary health care
by Wisner, Ben
- 971-977 The straw men of primary health care
by Taylor, Carl & Jolly, Richard
1988, Volume 26, Issue 8
- 775-784 Holistic health and the critique of western medicine
by McKee, Janet
- 785-792 The place of chiropractors in health care delivery: A case study of north Carolina
by Gesler, Wilbert M.
- 793-802 Pluralistic etiological systems in their social context: A Brazilian case study: In memory of James S. Coleman
by Ngokwey, Ndolamb
- 803-827 Schistosomiasis in Ethiopia
by Kloos, Helmut & Tsong Lo, Chin & Birrie, Hailu & Ayele, Teklemariam & Tedla, Shibru & Tsegay, Fekade
- 829-838 Psychological distress, perceived health status, and physician utilization in America and west Germany
by Cockerham, William C. & Kunz, Gerhard & Lueschen, Guenther
- 839-843 Childhood accidents, family size and birth order
by Bijur, Polly E. & Golding, Jean & Kurzon, Matthew
- 845-851 The distribution of health needs and services in south Africa
by Botha, J.L. & Bradshaw, D. & Gonin, R. & Yach, D.
- 853-861 Holistic physicians and family practitioners: Similarities, differences and implications for health policy
by Goldstein, Michael S. & Sutherland, Carol & Jaffe, Dennis T. & Wilson, Josie
- 863-873 Methodological issues in social support and social network research
by O'Reilly, Patrick
1988, Volume 26, Issue 7
- 677-683 Health and the social power of women
by MacCormack, Carol P.
- 685-689 Choosing alternative medicine: A comparison of the beliefs of patients visiting a general practitioner and a homoeopath
by Furnham, Adrian & Smith, Chris
- 691-699 Doctors dispensing medications: Contemporary India and 19th century England
by Kapil, Iris
- 701-713 Maternal and sociodemographic correlates of child morbidity in Bas Zaire: The effects of maternal reporting
by Tsui, Amy Ong & DeClerque, Julia & Mangani, Nlandu
- 715-725 Information for decision makers at hospital laboratory level: An example of a graphical method of representing costs and effects for a replacement automated technology in a haematology laboratory
by Szczepura, A. K. & Stilwell, J. A.
- 727-735 Adolescent pregnancy in Africa: A programmatic focus
by Kulin, Howard E.
- 737-749 Structural characteristics of social networks and their relationship with social support in the elderly: Who provides support
by Seeman, Teresa E. & Berkman, Lisa F.
- 751-760 Life-history correlates of environmental tobacco smoke: A study on nonsmoking Hong Kong Chinese wives with smoking versus nonsmoking husbands
by Koo, Linda C. & Ho, John H-C. & Rylander, Ragnar
- 761-768 Swedish physicians' perspectives on work and the medical care system--III: Private practitioners on the public system
by Twaddle, Andrew C.
- 769-769 Letter to the editor
by Greiner, Ted
1988, Volume 26, Issue 6
- 557-582 The political economy of health care: Colonial Namibia 1915-1961
by Gottschalk, Keith
- 583-585 Offering patients a choice of surgery for early breast cancer: A reduction in anxiety and depression in patients and their husbands
by Morris, Jenny & Royle, G. T.
- 587-595 Models of mystery: Physician and patient perceptions of sudden infant death syndrome
by Wright, Anne L.
- 597-604 A study of costs and behavioral outcomes of menstrual regulation services in Bangladesh
by Kay, Bonnie J. & Kabir, Sandra M.
- 605-612 Maternal employment and child nutrition in Panama
by Tucker, Katherine & Sanjur, Diva
- 613-618 Values and vocational choice: A study of value differences in medical, nursing and psychology students
by Furnham, Adrian
- 619-623 Women in search of stability
by Bailey, Wilma & Wynter, Hugh & Lee, Amy
- 625-633 Cognitive appraisals in cancer patients
by Jenkins, Richard A. & Pargament, Kenneth I.
- 635-639 Breastfeeding and cognitive development in the first 2 years of life
by Morrow-Tlucak, Mary & Haude, Richard H. & Ernhart, Claire B.
- 641-649 Jakarta kampung morbidity variations: Some policy implications
by Lenz, Ralph
- 651-657 Ethno-ophthalmology in the Egyptian delta: An historical systems approach to ethnomedicine in the Middle East
by Inhorn Millar, Marcia & Lane, Sandra D.
- 659-671 Are subarctic Indians undergoing the epidemiologic transition
by Kue Young, T.
1988, Volume 26, Issue 5
- 485-489 Worksite health promotion: The social context
by Conrad, Peter
- 491-501 Corporate characteristics and worksite health promotion programs: Survey findings from fortune 500 companies
by Hollander, Roberta B. & Lengermann, Joseph J.