Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ellen Annandale to have the entry updated or send us the correct address.
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57| 58
1989, Volume 28, Issue 12
- 1249-1253 Knowledge, attitudes and practices among rural communities in Zimbabwe in relation to Phytolacca dodecandra--a plant molluscicide
by Ndamba, J. & Chandiwana, S.K. & Makaza, N.
- 1255-1267 La lutte communautaire contre une endémie tropicale: Croyances surnaturelles et pièges à tsétsé au Congo
by Leygues, Michel & Gouteux, Jean-Paul
- 1269-1274 Health lifestyles and self-direction in employment among American men: A test of the spillover effect
by Abel, Thomas & Cockerham, William C. & Lueschen, Guenther & Kunz, Gerhard
- 1275-1282 Social support: Diverse theoretical perspectives
by Stewart, Miriam J.
- 1283-1288 Piecework, repetitive work and medicine use in the clothing industry
by Vinet, Alain & Vézina, Michel & Brisson, Chantal & Bernard, Paul-Marie
- 1289-1309 Three bodies of practice in a traditional south Indian martial art
by Zarrilli, Phillip B.
- 1311-1314 The relevance of the health belief model to Australian smokers
by Knight, Rosemary A. & Hay, David A.
- 1315-1320 Autonomy, job satisfaction and professional self-image among nurses in the context of a physicians' strike
by Shoham-Yakubovich, Ilana & Carmel, Sara & Zwanger, Lea & Zaltcman, Tsila
- 1321-1329 Perceived stress in medical school: Resistors, persistors, adaptors and maladaptors
by Vitaliano, Peter P. & Maiuro, Roland D. & Mitchell, Ellen & Russo, Joan
- 1331-1338 Choosing who shall not be treated in the NHS
by Charny, M.C. & Lewis, P.A. & Farrow, S.C.
- 1339-1341 Censorship and medical sociology in the Netherlands
by Van Der Geest, Sjaak
- 1343-1349 Medical anthropology in Mexico
by Vargas, Luis Alberto & Casillas, Leticia E.
1989, Volume 28, Issue 11
- 1099-1101 Introduction : Marxist perspectives in social medicine
by Waitzkin, Howard
- 1103-1112 The American dominative medical system as a reflection of social relations in the larger society
by Baer, Hans A.
- 1113-1120 Medicine in the industrial battle: Early workers' compensation
by Bale, Anthony
- 1121-1127 Epidemiologia y contrahegemonia
by Breilh, Jaime & Granda, Edmundo
- 1129-1138 Mental health monopoly: Corporate trends in mental health services
by Brown, Phil & Cooksey, Elizabeth
- 1139-1148 The commodification of American health care
by Caplan, Ronald L.
- 1149-1157 Technological innovation and the labour process in health care
by Daly, Jeanne & Willis, Evan
- 1159-1164 State and health
by Deppe, Hans-Ulrich
- 1165-1170 The reluctant imperialism of the medical profession
by de Swaan, Abram
- 1171-1182 The political economy of workers' health and safety
by Elling, Ray H.
- 1183-1191 Social analysis of collective health in Latin America
by Laurell, Asa Cristina
- 1193-1203 The coming of age of critical medical anthropology
by Singer, Merrill
- 1205-1209 Ideology in medical science: Class in the clinic
by Woolhandler, Steffie & Himmelstein, David U.
1989, Volume 28, Issue 10
- 1005-1006 Community-based health care 10 years post alma ata
by Mburu, F. M. & Ties Boerma, J.
- 1007-1017 Hospital outreach community-based health care: The case of chogoria, Kenya
by DeBoer, Cornelis N. & McNeil, Malcolm
- 1019-1030 Primary health care in Northwestern Somalia: A case study
by Bentley, Chris
- 1031-1037 A people-centred approach to primary health care implementation in Mvumi, Tanzania
by Matomora, M. K. S.
- 1039-1051 Community-based health care in Kibwezi, Kenya: 10 years in retrospect
by Johnson, Karin E. & Kisubi, Wilson K. & Karanja Mbugua, J. & Lackey, Douglas & Stanfield, Paget & Osuga, Ben
- 1053-1058 A tale of two clinics--primary health care in refugee settings: Lessons from Sudan and Somalia
by Downing, Raymond
- 1059-1062 A case study of the Tenwek hospital community health programme in Kenya
by Jacobson, Mark L. & Labbok, Miriam H. & Parker, Robert L. & Stevens, David L. & Carter, Susan A.
- 1063-1071 An integrated rural health project in Saradidi, Kenya
by Owino Kaseje, Dan C. & Sempebwa, Esther K. N.
- 1073-1079 Whither community-based health care?
by Mburu, F. M.
- 1081-1084 Mass produced village health workers and the promise of primary health care
by Matomora, M. K. S.
- 1085-1090 The dilemma of essential drugs in primary health care
by Bennett, F. J.
- 1091-1097 Simplifying the evaluation of primary health care programmes
by Van Norren, Bert & Ties Boerma, J. & Sempebwa, Esther K. N.
1989, Volume 28, Issue 9
- 939-941 Upgrading apprenticeship
by Lave, Jean
- 887-898 Why some countries have national health insurance, others have national health services, and the U.S. has neither
by Navarro, Vicente
- 899-904 Sadness, depression and social reciprocity in highland Ecuador
by Tousignant, Michel & Maldonado, Mario
- 905-915 In the shadow of biomedicine: Self medication in two Ecuadorian pharmacies
by Price, Laurie J.
- 917-924 The assessment of diviners and their knowledge by civil servants in Southwestern Nigeria
by Pearce, Tola Olu
- 925-937 Cosmopolitical obstetrics: Some insights from the training of traditional midwives
by Jordan, Brigitte
- 937-938 Comments
by Browner, C. H.
- 938-939 The empty kit: Modalities of learning and the politics of cross-cultural miscommunication
by Hahn, Robert A.
- 939-939 The empty kit: Modalities of learning and the politics of cross-cultural miscommunication
by Jeffery, R. & Jeffery, P. M.
- 941-943 Status and the training of traditional midwives
by MacCormack, Carol P.
- 943-944 Status and the training of traditional midwives
by Rhodes, Lorna Amarasingham
- 945-956 Views of what's wrong: Diagnosis and patients' concepts of illness
by Hunt, Linda M. & Jordan, Brigitte & Irwin, Susan
- 957-961 Knowledge about AIDS and self-reported behaviour among Zimbabwean secondary school pupils
by Wilson, David & Greenspan, Ruth & Wilson, Christopher
- 963-970 Ayurveda: A multilectic interpretation
by Nordstrom, Carolyn R.
- 971-983 End stage renal disease and the marital dyad: An empirical investigation
by Chowanec, Gregory D. & Binik, Y. M.
- 985-996 Food taboos in maternal and child health: The views of traditional healers in Ile-Ife, Nigeria
by Odebiyi, A. I.
1989, Volume 28, Issue 8
- 769-781 Medical technologies in developing countries: Issues of technology development, transfer, diffusion and use
by Bonair, Ann & Rosenfield, Patricia & Tengvald, Karin
- 783-789 Shame among unemployed men
by Eales, M.J.
- 791-803 Chronic respiratory illness and disability: A critical review of the psychosocial literature
by Williams, Simon Johnson
- 805-809 Suicide and increased availability of handguns in the United States
by Clarke, Ronald V. & Jones, Peter R.
- 811-818 A new approach to community health
by Follér, Maj-Lis
- 819-828 Personal control and health promotion
by Peterson, Christopher & Stunkard, Albert J.
- 829-835 Patient involvement in decision-making in surgical and orthopaedic practice: The project perioperative risk
by Larsson, Ullabeth Sätterlund & Svärdsudd, Kurt & Wedel, Hans & Säljö, Roger
- 837-842 Predictors of foetal and neonatal mortality in Curaçao, Netherlands Antilles. A multivariate analysis
by Wildschut, H.I.J. & Wiedijk, V. & Oosting, J. & Voorn, W. & Huber, J. & Treffers, P.E.
- 843-849 The politics of immunization in public health
by McCombie, S.C.
- 851-859 Punctuality, pain and time-orientation among Sicilian-Canadians
by Migliore, Sam
- 861-867 The impact of prospectively set hospital budgets on psychiatric admissions
by Frank, Richard G. & Jackson, Catherine A.
- 869-874 Intolerance of ambiguity in students entering medical school
by DeForge, Bruce R. & Sobal, Jeffery
- 875-884 The practice of traditional Korean medicine in Washington, D.C
by Pang, Keum Young
- 885-885 The Nottingham health profile
by Carr-Hill, Roy A. & Kind, Paul
1989, Volume 28, Issue 7
- 631-632 Introduction
by Ugalde, Antonio & Zwi, Anthony
- 633-642 Towards an epidemiology of political violence in the third world
by Zwi, Anthony & Ugalde, Antonio
- 643-647 Perceptions from epidemiologic research in an endemic war
by Armenian, Haroutune K.
- 649-657 Violence, conflict and health in Africa
by Ityavyar, Dennis A. & Ogba, Leo O.
- 659-667 Children in political violence
by Gibson, Kerry
- 669-676 War-related changes in health and health services in Nicaragua
by Garfield, Richard M.
- 677-684 Political violence and Eritrean health care
by Sabo, Lois E. & Kibirige, Joachim S.
- 685-695 Life experiences, response styles and mental health among mothers and children in Beirut, Lebanon
by Bryce, Jennifer W. & Walker, Neff & Ghorayeb, Francoise & Kanj, Mayada
- 697-706 'There is no sea, only fish': Effects of United States policy on the health of the displaced in El Salvador
by Lundgren, Rebecka Inga & Lang, Robert
- 707-713 Health needs of older adults displaced to Sudan by war and famine: Questioning current targeting practices in health relief
by Godfrey, Nancy & Kalache, Alexandre
- 715-727 A programme of mental health for political refugees: Dealing with the invisible pain of political exile
by Barudy, Jorge
- 729-733 Baseline health care for refugees in the Netherlands
by Hondius, Adger J. K. & van Willigen, Loes H. M.
- 735-740 The effects of torture and political repression in a sample of Chilean families
- 741-750 Political repression and children in South Africa: The social construction of damaging effects
by Swartz, Leslie & Levett, Ann
- 751-758 Psychoanalysis confronts the politics of repression: The case of Argentina
by Hollander, Nancy Caro
1989, Volume 28, Issue 6
- 531-538 The fruits of empire rot on the vine: United States health policy in the austerity era
by Bodenheimer, Thomas S.
- 539-550 La politique economique du gouvernement socialiste en matiere de sante: Bilan de cinq annees de pouvoir en France, 1981-1986
by Aiach, Pierre & Yves Delanoe, Jean
- 551-559 What happens in hospices: A review of research evidence
by Seale, Clive F.
- 561-569 Factors distinguishing homosexual males practicing risky and safer sex
by Siegel, Karolynn & Palamara Mesagno, Frances & Chen, Jin-Yi & Christ, Grace
- 571-576 Sociocultural determinants of infant and child mortality in Turkey
by Aksit, Belma & Aksit, Bahattin
- 577-582 Physician motivations for nonscientific drug prescribing
by Schwartz, Rebecca K. & Soumerai, Stephen B. & Avorn, Jerry
- 583-591 An evaluation of the psychological and social effects of malocclusion: Some implications for dental policy making
by Kenealy, Pamela & Frude, Neil & Shaw, William
- 593-604 Diarrhoeal diseases: Perceptions and practices in Nepal
by Stapleton, Maire Casey
- 605-612 Healers in transition
by Oppong, Amma C. K.
- 613-619 Social inequalities in low birth weight: Timing of effects and selective mobility
by Joffe, Michael
- 621-624 Coping with political violence in Northern Ireland
by Cairns, Ed & Wilson, Ronnie
1989, Volume 28, Issue 5
- 405-414 Introduction
by Packard, Randall M. & Wisner, Ben & Bossert, Thomas
- 415-424 Nutrition and the commoditation of food systems in Latin America and the Caribbean
by Dewey, Kathryn G.
- 425-440 Nutrition and the commoditization of food in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Bryceson, Deborah Fahy
- 441-446 Commodity relations and nutrition under apartheid: A note on South Africa
by Wisner, Ben
- 447-459 Women's health in East Africa
by Raikes, Alanagh
- 461-473 Women, household and health in Latin America
by Browner, C. H.
- 475-496 Industrial production, health and disease in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Packard, Randall M.
- 497-514 Estado, clases sociales y salud
by Belmartino, Susana & Bloch, Carlos
- 515-530 The state, class and the allocation of health resources in Southern Africa
by Andersson, Neil & Marks, Shula
1989, Volume 28, Issue 4
- 299-308 The use of QALYs in health care decision making
by Loomes, Graham & McKenzie, Lynda
- 309-314 Family-oriented prevention of cardiovascular disease: A social epidemiological approach
by Venters, Maurine H.
- 315-321 Introduction of information during the initial medical visit: Consequences for patient follow-through with physician recommendations for medication
by Rost, Kathryn & Carter, William & Inui, Thomas
- 323-331 Treatment patterns for schizophrenia in psychiatric hospitals
by Wolff, Nancy & Henderson, Paul R. & MacAskill, Robin L. & Rosenstein, Marilyn J. & Milazzo-Sayre, Laura J. & Larson, David & Manderscheid, Ronald
- 333-338 A social history of psychotropic drug advertisements
by Neill, John R.
- 339-346 Communication in the hospital setting: A survey of medical and everyday language use amongst patients, nurses and doctors
by Bourhis, Richard Y. & Roth, Sharon & MacQueen, Glenda
- 347-354 Geographic differences in the use of veterans administration hospitals
by Friss, Lois & Friedman, Bernard & Demakis, John
- 355-364 Breast-feeding and health professionals: A study in hospitals in Indonesia
by Hull, Valerie J. & Thapa, Shyam & Wiknjosastro, Gulardi
- 365-379 Sensitization to illness and the risk of death: An explanation for Sri Lanka's approach to good health for all
by Caldwell, John & Gajanayake, Indra & Caldwell, Pat & Peiris, Indrani
- 381-388 FIJAc: Fright and illness in highland Yemen
by Swagman, Charles F.
- 389-398 Longitudinal study of appraisal at Three Mile Island: Implications for life event research
by Goldsteen, Raymond & Schorr, John K. & Goldsteen, Karen S.
- 399-403 The effects of mental dysfunction on nursing home care
by Rohrer, James E. & Buckwalter, Kathleen & Russell, Daniel
1989, Volume 28, Issue 3
- 183-195 Catastrophic stress and factors affecting its consequences among Southeast Asian refugees
by Beiser, Morton & Turner, R.Jay & Ganesan, Soma
- 197-205 International employment and children: Geographical mobility and mental health among children of professionals
by Haour-Knipe, Mary
- 207-210 Information-based rehabilitation for third world disability
by Miles, M.
- 211-222 The economics of mild hypertension programmes
by Edgar, Mark A. & Schnieden, Harold
- 223-231 The limits of medicine: Women's perception of medical technology
by Gabe, Jonathan & Calnan, Michael
- 233-238 Survival of female breast cancer patients in Finland and in Estonia: Stage at diagnosis important determinant of the difference between countries
by Karjalainen, Sakari & Aareleid, Tiiu & Hakulinen, Timo & Pukkala, Eero & Rahu, Mati & Tekkel, Mare
- 239-247 Psychosocial adjustment following a stroke
by Thompson, Suzanne C. & Sobolew-Shubin, Alexandria & Graham, Melody A. & Janigian, Aris S.
- 249-260 Role of support networks in maintenance of improved cardiovascular health status
by O'Reilly, Patrick & Emerson Thomas, H.
- 261-270 Employment of individuals with haemophilia in the Netherlands
by Varekamp, I. & Smit, C. & Rosendaal, F.R. & Bröcker-Vriends, A. & Briët, E. & van Dijck, H. & Suurmeijer, T.P.B.M.
- 271-274 Breastfeeding trends in Singapore
by Chua, S. & Viegas, O.A.C. & Counsilman, J.J. & Ratnam, S.S.
- 275-284 Differential alcohol-related mortality among American Indian tribes in Oklahoma, 1968-1978
by Christian, Charles M. & Dufour, Mary & Bertolucci, Darryl
- 285-292 Determinants of fertility in a rural society: Some evidence from Sierra Leone
by Balley, Mohamed
- 293-297 Paternalism and finnish anti-smoking policy
by Häyry, Heta & Häyry, Matti & Karjalainen, Sakari
1989, Volume 28, Issue 2
- 99-107 Professional uncertainty and physician medical decision-making in a multiple treatment framework
by Wolff, Nancy
- 109-113 Using administrative data from Manitoba, Canada to study treatment outcomes: Developing control groups and adjusting for case severity
by Roos, Noralou P.
- 115-120 Coronary arteriography rates in Switzerland--How do they vary?
by Santos-Eggimann, Brigitte & Paccaud, Fred & Gutzwiller, Felix
- 121-129 Regional dispersion of independent professionals in primary health care in the Netherlands
by Hingstman, L. & Boon, H.
- 131-139 An investigation of the effect of regional variation in the treatment of hypertension
by Christiansen, Terkel & Pedersen, Kjeld Møller & Harvald, Bent & Rasmussen, Knud & Jørgensen, Jørgen & Svarer, Christian
- 141-146 A cartographic study of hospital utilization in the county of Uppsala
by Haglund, Bengt
- 147-154 A quasi-experimental design based on regional variations: Discussion of a method for evaluating outcomes of medical practice
by Loft, Anne & Andersen, Tavs Folmer & Madsen, Mette
- 155-164 "A built bed is a filled bed?" An empirical re-examination
by van Doorslaer, E.K.A. & van Vliet, R.C.J.A.
- 165-173 Variations in resource utilization--The role of medical practice and its economic impact
by Eckerlund, Ingemar & Håkansson, Stefan
- 175-182 Assessing data quality: A computerized approach
by Roos, Leslie L. & Sharp, Sandra M. & Wajda, Andre
1989, Volume 28, Issue 1
- 1-8 AIDS in Africa: Emerging trends
by Pela, A. Ona & Platt, Jerome J.
- 9-12 Health information imperatives for Third World countries
by Osiobe, Stephen A.
- 13-15 The measurement of hospital efficiency: A comment
by Wagstaff, Adam
- 15-17 The measurement of hospital efficiency: A reply
by McGuire, Alistair
- 19-27 Effects of breast cancer and mastectomy on emotional support and adjustment
by Zemore, Robert & Shepel, Lawrence F.
- 29-36 Dimensions of negative affectivity, self-reported somatic symptoms, and health-related behaviors
by Vassend, Olav
- 37-44 Defensive work in nursing homes: Accountability gone amok
by Wiener, Carolyn L. & Kayser-Jones, Jeanie
- 45-51 Differences between Kallawaya-Andean and Greek-European humoral theory
by Bastien, Joseph W.
- 53-58 Measuring satisfaction with health care: A comparison of single with paired rating strategies
by Sutherland, H. J. & Lockwood, G. A. & Minkin, S. & Tritchler, D. L. & Till, J. E. & Llewellyn-Thomas, H. A.
- 59-67 As children survive: Dilemmas of aging in the developing world
by Bicknell, William J. & Parks, Cindy Lou
- 69-80 Perceptual correlates of physician referral to physical therapists: Implications for role expansion
by Ritchey, Ferris J. & Pinkston, Dorothy & Goldbaum, Joanne E. & Heerten, Margret E.
- 81-86 A prospective study to identify the fall-prone patient
by Morse, Janice M. & Black, Colleen & Oberle, Kathleen & Donahue, Patricia
- 87-92 It's how you say it: Physicians' vocal behavior
by Harrigan, Jinni A. & Gramata, James F. & Lucic, Karen S. & Margolis, Charles
- 93-97 Three conflicts as a result of causal attributions
by Kroode, Herman Ten & Oosterwijk, Mieke & Steverink, Nardi
1988, Volume 27, Issue 12
- 1299-1308 Medical compliance as an ideology
by Trostle, James A.
- 1309-1316 Sports participation and health status: A preliminary analysis
by Lamb, K.L. & Dench, S. & Brodie, D.A. & Roberts, K.
- 1317-1325 Socioeconomic status and health status: A study of males in the Canada health survey
by Hay, David Ian
- 1327-1335 Revision of the Italian psychiatric reform: North/South differences and future strategies
by Bollini, Paola & Reich, Michael & Muscettola, Giovanni
- 1337-1342 Predictive value of life events, psychosocial factors and self-rated health on disability in an elderly rural French population
by Grand, A. & Grosclaude, P. & Bocquet, H. & Pous, J. & Albarede, J.L.
- 1343-1348 The concept of flow in Rwandan popular medicine
by Taylor, Christopher C.
- 1349-1355 Depression in unemployed Swedish women
by Hall, Ellen M. & Johnson, Jeffrey V.
- 1357-1368 Maternal education and child survival in developing countries: The search for pathways of influence
by Cleland, John G. & van Ginneken, Jerome K.
- 1369-1379 Is there a religious factor in health care utilization?: A review
by Schiller, Preston L. & Levin, Jeffrey S.
- 1381-1386 How physicians choose drugs
by Denig, P. & Haaijer-Ruskamp, F.M. & Zijsling, D.H.
- 1387-1392 Effects of a community-wide smoking cessation program
by Wheeler, Robert J.
- 1393-1400 The role of social support and life stress events in use of mental health services
by Sherbourne, Cathy Donald
- 1401-1409 Practice compatibility and type of framework: Essential dimensions in the salaried primary care practitioners' approach to practice
by Ben-Sira, Zeev
- 1411-1414 The Nottingham health profile: An analysis of its sensitivity in differentiating illness groups
by Jenkinson, Crispin & Fitzpatrick, Ray & Argyle, Michael
- 1415-1427 Pharmaceuticals in two Brazilian villages: Lay practices and perceptions
by Haak, Hilbrand
- 1429-1432 Alcohol-related knowledge, beliefs and attitudes among health and clerical personnel
by Poikolainen, Kari
- 1433-1437 Cornell medical index responses and mortality in a Polynesian population
by Crews, Douglas E. & Pearson, Jay D.
- 1439-1446 The urban community as the client in preterm birth prevention: Evaluation of a program component
by Freda, Margaret Comerford & Damus, Karla & Merkatz, Irwin R.
- 1447-1459 The impacts of positive psychological states on physical health: A review and theoretical framework
by Edwards, Jeffrey R. & Cooper, Cary L.
- 1461-1464 Accountability of anthropologists, indigenous healers and their governments: A plea for reasonable medicine
by Glasser, Morton
1988, Volume 27, Issue 11
- 1125-1130 Can collaborative programs between biomedical and African indigenous health practitioners succeed?
by Green, Edward C.
- 1131-1138 The transformation of Zimbabwe's health care system: A review of the white paper on health
by Manga, Pran
- 1139-1145 Information and decision-making preferences of hospitalized adult cancer patients
by Blanchard, Christina G. & Labrecque, Mark S. & Ruckdeschel, John C. & Blanchard, Edward B.
- 1147-1152 Assessing alcoholism as a risk factor for Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
by Molgaard, Craig A. & Nakamura, Chester & Hovell, Melbourne & Elder, John P.
- 1153-1170 Private medicine and the privatisation of health care in South Africa
by Naylor, C. David
- 1171-1182 Entre 'sickness' et 'illness': De la socialisation a l'individualisation de la 'maladie'
by Zempléni, Andras
- 1183-1188 A human development intervention in the Philippines: Effect on child morbidity
by Hill, John H. & Woods, M. E. & Dorsey, Steven D.
- 1189-1196 Workers' perceptions, knowledge and responses regarding occupational health and safety: A report on a Canadian study
by Walters, Vivienne & Haines, Ted
- 1197-1206 Symbolic, ritual and social dynamics of spiritual healing
by Glik, Deborah C.
- 1207-1213 Health through three life stages: A longitudinal study of urban black adolescents
by Brunswick, Ann F. & Merzel, Cheryl R.
- 1215-1221 Psychological distress and the decision to seek medical care
by Berkanovic, Emil & Hurwicz, Margo-Lea & Landsverk, John
- 1223-1235 Health services inequalities in Nigeria
by Ityavyar, Dennis A.
- 1237-1245 Social factors affecting use of immunization in Indonesia
by Kim, Streatfield & Singarimbun, Masri
- 1247-1256 Statutory change and 'street-level' implementation of psychiatric commitment
by Marx, Jonathan I. & Levinson, Richard M.
- 1257-1262 Choice of surgery for early breast cancer: Psychosocial considerations
by Morris, Jenny & Ingham, Roger
- 1263-1268 Children and core-periphery differences
by Vuorinen, Heikki S. & Floman, Peter A. & Väänänen, Ilkka S.
- 1269-1275 Gender differences in tobacco use in Africa, Asia, the Pacific, and Latin America
by Waldron, Ingrid & Bratelli, Gary & Carriker, Laura & Sung, Wei-Chin & Vogeli, Christine & Waldman, Elizabeth
- 1277-1286 Causal reasoning and the treatment of diarrhoeal disease by mothers in Kenya
by Patel, Vimla L. & Eisemon, Thomas O. & Arocha, JoséF.
- 1287-1294 Modeling hospital closure relative to organizational theory: The applicability of ecology theory's environmental determinism and adaptation perspectives
by Gifford, Blair D. & Mullner, Ross M.
- 1295-1298 Distribution of knowledge of AIDS: A national study
by Ross, Michael W.
1988, Volume 27, Issue 10
- 1011-1018 Social policy for pollution-related diseases
by Reich, Michael R.
- 1019-1029 Science and persuasion: Environmental disease in U.S. courts
by Boden, Leslie I. & Raymond Miyares, J. & Ozonoff, David
- 1031-1041 Scientific information in judicial and administrative systems
by Burger Jr, Edward J.
- 1043-1052 Compensation of pollution-related health damage in Japan
by Aronson, Bruce
- 1053-1059 Current problems and prospects with the Japanese compensation system for pollution-related health damage
by Awaji, Takehisa & Tsukatani, Tsuneo
- 1061-1070 A review of legal and policy issues in legislating compensation for victims of toxic substance pollution
by Soble, Stephen M & Brennan, Janis H
- 1071-1084 Collective judicial management of mass toxic tort controversies: Lessons and issues from the agent orange litigation
by Novey, Lawrence B.
- 1085-1095 Major industrial risks and compensation of victims: The role for insurance
by Smets, Henri
- 1097-1103 The psychological dimensions of health care for patients exposed to radiation and the other invisible environmental contaminants
by Vyner, Henry M.