European Economic Review
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eer
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Additional information is available for the following
registered editor(s): Zvi Eckstein
Juergen von Hagen
Theo Stefan Eicher
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:eecrev
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
1988, Volume 32, Issue 9
- 1731-1746 Firm behavior and the externalities of technological leadership
by Bental, Benjamin & Fixler, Dennis
- 1747-1767 The real exchange rate, the capital stock, and fiscal policy
by Giovannini, Alberto
- 1769-1776 Optimal dynamic investment policy under financial restrictions and adjustment costs
by Kort, Peter M.
- 1777-1795 Aid and growth in Sub-Saharan Africa: The recent experience
by Levy, Victor
- 1797-1816 A model of the labour market with some Marxian and Keynesian features
by Manning, Alan
- 1817-1838 The collapse of the fixed exchange rate regime with sticky wages and imperfect substitutability between domestic and foreign bonds
by Willman, Alpo
1988, Volume 32, Issue 8
- 1569-1584 International chaos?
by Frank, Murray & Gencay, Ramazan & Stengos, Thanasis
- 1585-1601 The equity-productivity tradeoff: : Public school resources in Brazil
by Behrman, Jere R. & Birdsall, Nancy
- 1603-1619 Money, output and prices: : An empirical study using long-term cross country data
by Duck, Nigel W.
- 1621-1636 Exchange rate policy, wage formation and credibility
by Horn, Henrik & Persson, Torsten
- 1637-1643 Extremal configurations for optimal prevention and damage control
by Justman, Moshe & Mehrez, Abraham
- 1645-1660 Unemployment expectations and human capital formation
by Kodde, David A.
- 1661-1669 Preemption in R&D races
by Lippman, Steven A. & McCardle, Kevin F.
- 1671-1687 Sequential entry, industry structure and welfare
by Vives, Xavier
1988, Volume 32, Issue 7
- 1419-1420 Competition in the European internal market : An introduction
by d'Aspremont, Claude & Jacquemin, Alexis & Gabszewicz, Jean-Jaskold
- 1421-1437 The determinants of intra-European trade in manufactured goods
by Balassa, Bela & Bauwens, Luc
- 1439-1449 International trade and integration of the European Community : An econometric analysis
by Jacquemin, Alexis & Sapir, Andre
- 1451-1475 The formation of the European Common Market and changes in market structure and performance
by Sleuwaegen, Leo & Yamawaki, Hideki
- 1477-1499 Completing the European internal market : Some notes on trade policy
by Winters, L. Alan
- 1501-1525 Completing the internal market in the European Community : Some industry simulations
by Smith, Alasdair & Venables, Anthony J.
- 1527-1546 Price, quality and welfare effects of European VERs on Japanese autos
by Melo, Jaime de & Messerlin, Patrick A.
- 1547-1565 Optimal trade policy under oligopoly : A calibrated model of the Europe-Japan rivalry in the EEC car market
by Laussel, Didier & Montet, Christian & Peguin-Feissolle, Anne
- 1567-1568 Corrigendum to 'A Theory of Dynamic Oligopoly, III, Cournot Competition' (vol. 31, no. 4)
by Maskin, Eric & Tirole, Jean
1988, Volume 32, Issue 6
- 1191-1211 Dynamics of real interest differentials : An empirical investigation
by Modjtahedi, Bagher
- 1213-1226 Nonlinear taxes and labor supply
by Blomquist, N. Soren
- 1227-1241 Industrial output and factor input determination in an econometric model of a small open economy
by Bradley, John & Fitzgerald, John
- 1243-1259 Ranking alternative share contracts under rational expectations
by Butler, Alison & Ellis, Christopher J.
- 1261-1283 Granger-causality, real factor prices and employment: A re-appraisal with UK data
by Drobny, Andres & Gausden, Robert
- 1285-1299 Economic optimization and technical efficiency in Soviet enterprises jointly regulated by plans and incentives
by Rosefielde, Steven & Pfouts, Ralph W.
- 1301-1318 Budget share demographic translation and the aggregate almost ideal demand system
by Rossi, Nicola
- 1319-1333 Effects of shorter hours on employment in disequilibrium models
by Toedter, Karl-Heinz
- 1349-1357 A dynamic singular equation system of asset demand
by Zietz, Joachim & Weichert, Ronald
- 1359-1368 The effects of foreign exchange risk and return on the demand for domestic balances
by Zilberfarb, Ben-Zion
- 1369-1374 Labour turnover cost and the curious properties of the mobile capital Harris-Todaro model
by Batra, Raveendra N. & Lahiri, Sajal
- 1375-1383 Manipulation of endowments in replica economies : An example
by Haller, Hans
- 1385-1392 International borrowing and exhaustible resources : Note on a liquidity creditworthiness conflict
by Mohr, Ernst
1988, Volume 32, Issue 5
- 1031-1048 The international monetary system : An analysis of alternative regimes
by Miller, Marcus H. & Williamson, John
- 1048-1051 The international monetary system: An analysis of alternative proposals : Marcus H. Miller and John Williamson
by Fischer, Stanley
- 1051-1054 The international monetary system: An analysis of alternative regimes : Marcus H. Miller and John Williamson
by Oudiz, Gilles
- 1055-1075 The advantage of tying one's hands : EMS discipline and Central Bank credibility
by Giavazzi, Francesco & Pagano, Marco
- 1075-1077 The advantage of tying one's hands: EMS discipline and Central Bank credibility : Francesco Giavazzi and Marco Pagano
by Begg, David K. H.
- 1077-1082 The advantage of tying one's hands: EMS discipline and Central Bank credibility : Francesco Giavazzi and Marco Pagano
by Obstfeld, Maurice
- 1083-1114 Political vs. currency premia in international real interest differentials : A study of forward rates for 24 countries
by Frankel, Jeffrey A. & MacArthur, Alan T.
- 1114-1118 Political vs. currency premia in international real interest rate differentials : Jeffrey A. Frankel and Alan T. MacArthur
by Shapiro, Matthew D.
- 1119-1121 Political vs. currency premia in international real interest rate differentials : Jeffrey A. Frankel and Alan T. MacArthur
by Branson, W. H.
- 1123-1147 The worldwide change in the behavior of interest rates and prices in 1914
by Barsky, Robert B. & Mankiw, N. Gregory & Miron, Jeffrey A. & Weill, David N.
- 1147-1150 The worldwide change in the behavior of interest rates and prices in 1914 : R.B. Barsky, N.G. Mankiw, J.A. Miron and D.N. Weil
by Basevi, Giorgio
- 1150-1154 The worldwide change in the behavior of interest rates and prices in 1914 : R. Barsky, G. Mankiw, J. Miron and D. Weil
by Stockman, Alan C.
- 1155-1162 Price rigidity, international mobility of financial capital and exchange rate volatility
by Orosel, Gerhard O.
- 1162-1164 Price rigidity, international mobility of financial capital and exchange rate volatility : Gerhard Orosel
by Miller, Marcus H.
- 1165-1165 Price rigidity, international mobility of financial capital and exchange rate volatility : Gerhard O. Orosel
by Dumas, Bernard
- 1167-1183 New issues in corporate finance
by Mayer, Colin
- 1183-1186 New issues in corporate finance : Colin Mayer
by Mankiw, N. Gregory
- 1187-1189 New issues in corporate finance : Colin Mayer
by Barroux, Yves
1988, Volume 32, Issue 4
- 775-817 Regulation or deregulation of the labour market : Policy regimes for the recruitment and dismissal of employees in the industrialised countries
by Emerson, Michael
- 819-840 Tax reform and housing demand : The distribution of welfare gains and losses
by Brownstone, David & Englund, Peter & Persson, Mats
- 841-860 Organizational adjustment and institutional factors in Japanese labour market adjustment: An empirical evaluation
by Brunello, Giorgio
- 861-883 Modelling parallel markets in centrally planned economies : The case of the automobile market in Poland
by Charemza, Wojciech & Gronicki, Miroslaw & Quandt, Richard E.
- 885-904 The locational determinants of direct investments among industrialized countries
by Culem, Claudy G.
- 905-925 Innovative strategic groups in multinational industries
by De Bondt, Raymond & Sleuwaegen, Leo & Veugelers, Reinhilde
- 927-945 Intra industry trade and the shifting of protection across sectors
by Greenaway, David & Milner, Chris
- 947-963 The returns to labour services in West German manufacturing industry
by Hart, Robert A. & McGregor, Peter G.
- 965-976 How big is the shadow economy? : A re-analysis of the unobserved-variable approach of B.S. Frey and H. Weck-Hannemann
by Helberger, Christof & Knepel, Helmut
- 977-997 Wage formation in norwegian manufacturing: An empirical application of a theoretical bargaining model
by Hoel, Michael & Nymoen, Ragnar
- 999-1011 Normal costs and demand effects in price setting : A study of retailing
by Nooteboom, Bart & Kleijweg, Aad & Thurik, Roy
- 1013-1017 The econometric modelling of aggregate consumer behaviour : A comment
by Kim, H. Youn
- 1019-1024 Climate equivalence scales : An application of a general method
by Van Praag, Bernard M. S.
1988, Volume 32, Issue 2-3
- 227-227 Introduction
by Wyplosz, Charles
- 229-231 Opening remarks
by Hoffmeyer, Erik
- 233-267 Individual freedom and reform of the socialist economy
by Kornai, Janos
- 269-294 Freedom of choice : Concept and content
by Sen, Amartya
- 295-318 Individual freedom and welfare state policy
by Lindbeck, Assar
- 319-324 Introduction
by Atkinson, A. B. & Leape, J. I.
- 325-333 The 1986 US tax reform and the world capital market
by Sinn, Hans Werner
- 334-342 A general equilibrium analysis of the 1986 tax reform in Spain
by Kehoe, Timothy J. & Noyola, Pedro Javier & Manresa, Antonio & Polo, Clemente & Sancho, Ferran
- 343-352 What do we learn about tax reform from international comparisons? France and Britain
by Atkinson, A. B. & Bouguignon, F. & Chiappori, P. A.
- 353-362 Autonomy through cooperation
by Dreze, Jacques H.
- 363-371 Real exchange rate behavior under alternative international monetary regimes : Interwar evidence
by Eichengreen, Barry
- 372-381 Monetary cooperation and liberalization of capital movements in the european monetary system
by Basevi, Giorgio
- 382-387 Incentives to fix the exchange rate
by Giavazzi, Francesco
- 389-397 Endogenous fluctuations under rational expectations
by Chiappori, Pierre Andre & Guesnerie, Roger
- 398-407 Coordination and business cycles
by Andersen, Torben M.
- 409-414 Introduction : Recent theories on public enterprise economies
by Bos, Dieter
- 415-421 Industries with private and public enterprises
by Ruys, Pieter H. M.
- 422-431 INefficiency, public enterprise and privatisation
by Rees, Ray
- 432-441 Technical performance in public enterprises : A comparative study of railways and postal services
by Perelman, Sergio & Pestieau, Pierre
- 443-450 Economic growth and efficiency : A comparative efficiency approach
by Klacek, Jan
- 451-458 The gerschenkron phenomenon and systemic factors in the post-1975 growth slowdown
by Gomulka, Stanislaw
- 459-464 Competitive valuation and efficiency of capital investment in the socialist economy
by Nuti, D. M.
- 465-472 Regulation of privatised firms in Britain
by Vickers, John & Yarrow, George
- 473-481 Regulation as an adverse selection problem : An introduction to the literature
by Guesnerie, Roger
- 482-490 The privatisation process in France and the U.K
by Jenkinson, Tim & Mayer, Colin
- 491-494 Introductory remarks
by Sandmo, Agnar
- 495-502 From macrodynamics to macroeconomic planning : A basic shift in Ragnar Frisch's thinking?
by Andvig, Jens Christopher
- 503-511 Knut Wicksell's unpublished manuscripts : A first glance
by Jonung, Lars
- 512-518 Fiscal policy in denmark 1930-1945
by Topp, Niels-Henrik
- 519-532 An introduction and a broad survey
by Persson, Torsten
- 533-541 Macroeconomic policy games with incomplete information : A survey
by Driffill, John
- 542-550 Credibility and politics
by Alesina, Alberto & Tabellini, Guido
- 551-560 Cooperative agreements in R&D and European antitrust policy
by Jacquemin, Alexis
- 561-568 Vertical restraints and producers' competition
by Rey, Patrick & Stiglitz, Joseph
- 569-577 Potential competition, actual competition, and economic welfare
by Dasgupta, P. & Stiglitz, J. E.
- 578-590 Price discrimination in spatial competitive markets
by Anderson, Simon P. & Thisse, Jacques-Francois
- 591-603 Knowledge transfers in the United States
by Moore, John H.
- 604-610 The economics of research and development : Some east-west comparisons
by Hanson, Philip
- 611-617 Hungarian policy on imports of licenses and the assimilation of transferred know-how
by Gueullette, Agota Anna
- 619-632 Earnings mobility
by Atkinson, A. B. & Bourguignon, F. & Morrisson, C.
- 633-643 Redistribution and the two dimensions of inequality : An east-west comparison
by Okrasa, W.
- 644-653 On five hot issues on wealth distribution
by Kessler, Denis & Masson, Andre
- 654-661 Inequality and poverty orderings
by Foster, James E. & Shorrocks, Anthony F.
- 663-668 Introductory remarks
by Drazen, Allan
- 669-679 Stabilization policies, credibility, and interest rate determination in a small open economy
by Andersen, Torben M. & Risager, Ole
- 680-686 The effect of policy anticipations on stabilization programs
by Drazen, Allan & Helpman, Elhanan
- 687-693 Which LDCs are solvent
by Cohen, Daniel
- 695-697 Introduction
by Oswald, Andrew J.
- 698-706 Wage setting and unemployment persistence in Europe, Japan and the USA
by Alogoskoufis, George & Manning, Alan
- 707-716 Union density and economic performance : An analysis of U.S. States
by Freeman, Richard
- 717-726 Trade unions and employment change : An analysis of British establishment data
by Blanchflower, David G. & Millward, Neil
- 727-733 Unions, wages and employment : Tests based on U.K. firm-level data
by Nickell, Stephen & Wadhwani, Sushil
1988, Volume 32, Issue 1
- 7-25 The stochastic analysis of competitive unemployment insurance premiums
by Blake, David & Beenstock, Michael
- 27-53 Endogenous risk in a portfolio-balance rational-expectations model of the Deutschemark-Dollar rate
by Diebold, Francis X. & Pauly, Peter
- 55-68 Anti-dumping and countervailing duties under oligopoly
by Dixit, Avinash
- 69-80 Non-competitive and protectionist government purchasing behavior
by Finsinger, Jorg
- 81-99 Seasonality in surveys : A comparison of Belgian, French and German business tests
by Ghysels, Eric & Nerlove, Marc
- 101-127 Welfare effects of alternative forms of public spending
by Lindbeck, Assar & Weibull, Jorgen W.
- 129-139 Product quality in a Soviet-type economy
by Roland, Gerard
- 141-159 Distributional consequences of rural food levy and subsidized urban rations
by Sah, Raaj Kumar & Srinivasan, T. N.
- 161-178 Undominated prices in the three good model
by Silvestre, Joaquim
- 179-197 Long-run purchasing power parity in the 1920s
by Taylor, Mark P. & McMahon, Patrick C.
- 199-202 Capital mobility and exchange rate overshooting : Comment
by Kapur, Basant K.
- 203-206 Capital mobility and exchange rate overshooting : Reply
by Bhandari, Jagdeep S. & Driskill, Robert & Frenkel, Jacob A.
- 207-212 Economics in Europe and in the U.S
by Kolm, Serge-Christophe
1987, Volume 31, Issue 4
- 825-826 Imperfect information and market organization
by d'Aspremont, Claude & Jacquemin, Alexis & Gabszewicz, Jean Jaskold
- 827-842 Price search and spatial competition
by Gabsewicz, Jean J. & Garella, Paolo G.
- 843-861 Adverse selection and finite-horizon insurance contracts
by Dionne, Georges & Lasserre, Pierre
- 863-885 Some reflections on insurance pricing
by Henriet, Dominique & Rochet, Jean-Charles
- 887-899 The role of collateral in credit markets with imperfect information
by Bester, Helmut
- 901-926 Comparative statics of the optimal dynamic incentive contract
by Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Tirole, Jean
- 927-945 Possibility of relicensing and patent protection
by Muto, Shigeo
- 947-968 A theory of dynamic oligopoly, III : Cournot competition
by Maskin, Eric & Tirole, Jean
1987, Volume 31, Issue 3
- 537-542 Introduction
by De Menil, Georges & Gordon, Robert J.
- 543-560 Fiscal increasing returns, hysteresis, real wages and unemployment
by Blanchard, Olivier J. & Summers, Lawrence H.
- 560-564 Fiscal increasing returns, hysteresis, real wages and unemployment: By Olivier J. Blanchard and Lawrence H. Summers
by Symons, J. S. V.
- 564-566 Fiscal increasing returns, hysteresis, real wages and unemployment: By Olivier J. Blanchard and Lawrence H. Summers
by Yoshitomi, Masaru
- 567-601 Corporatism, laissez-faire and the rise in unemployment
by Newell, A. & Symons, J. S. V.
- 602-605 Corporatism, the lissez-faire, and the rise in unemployment: By A. Newell and J.S.V. Symons
by Waelbroeck, Jean
- 606-614 Corporatism, the laissez-faire, and the rise in unemployment: By A. Newell and J.S.V. Symons
by Summers, Lawrence H.
- 615-641 Housing markets, unemployment and labour market flexibility in the UK
by Hughes, Gordon & McCormick, Barry & McCormick, Barry
- 641-643 Housing markets, unemployment and labour market flexibility in the UK: By G. Hughes and B. McCormick
by Baily, Martin N.
- 644-645 Housing markets, unemployment and labour market flexibility in the UK: By G. Hughes and B. McCormick
by Inoki, Takenori
- 647-678 Labour market flexibility in Japan in comparison with Europe and the U.S
by Tachibanaki, Toshiaki
- 678-681 Labour market flexibility in Japan in comparison with Europe and the U.S.: By T. Tachibanaki
by Layard, Richard
- 681-684 Labour market flexibility in Japan in comparison with Europe and the U.S.: By T. Tachibanaki
by Mairesse, Jacques
- 685-733 Productivity, wages, and prices inside and outside of manufacturing in the U.S., Japan, and Europe
by Gordon, Robert J. & Gordon, Robert J.
- 733-736 Productivity, wages, and prices inside and outside manufacturing in the U.S., Japan, and Europe: By Robert J. Gordon
by Branson, William H.
- 736-739 Productivity, wages, and prices inside and outside of manufacturing in the U.S., Japan, and Europe: By Robert J. Gordon
by Konig, Heinz
- 741-774 Long run implications of the increase in taxation and public debt for employment and economic growth in Europe
by Tullio, Giuseppe
- 775-777 Long run implications of the increase in taxation and public debt for employment and economic growth in Europe: By G. Tullio
by Begg, David K. H.
- 778-780 Long run implications of the increase in taxation and public debt for employment and economic growth in Europe: By G. Tullio
by Feldstein, Martin
- 781-808 Investment and the inflation-unemployment tradeoff in a macroeconomic rationing model with monopolistic competition
by Sneessens, Henri R.
- 808-811 Investment and the inflation-unemployment tradeoff in a macroeconomic rationing model with monopolistic competition: By H.R. Sneessens
by Malinvaud, E.
- 812-815 Investment and the inflation-unemployment tradeoff in a macroeconomic rationing model with monopolistic competition: By H.R. Sneessens
by Portes, Richard
1987, Volume 31, Issue 1-2
- 7-7 Introduction
by Phlips, Louis
- 9-34 Underemployment equilibria : From theory to econometrics and policy
by Dreze, Jacques H.
- 35-52 Economic policies in the age of Schumpeter
by Giersch, Herbert
- 53-65 The legacy of european stagflation
by Malinvaud, Edmond
- 67-75 Monetary and fiscal policies for economic recovery in Europe
by Thygesen, Niels
- 77-81 Imperfect competition and international trade : Opening remarks
by Helpman, Elhanan
- 82-88 Reverse dumping
by Flam, Harry
- 89-96 Strategic investment, multinational corporations and trade policy
by Smith, Alasdair
- 97-102 Heckscher-Ohlin theory in the presence of market power
by Staiger, Robert W.
- 103-110 Customs union and tariff reform under imperfect competition
by Venables, Anthony J.
- 111-117 Social factors of speeding-up the development of the soviet economy
by Zaslavskaya, Tatiana
- 118-124 Enterprise and reform : The polish experience
by Beksiak, Janusz
- 125-131 The role of money in hungary
by Tardos, Marton
- 132-138 Reforming or perfectioning the economic mechanism
by Bauer, Tamas
- 139-148 Trade union labour contracts : An introduction
by Malcomson, James M.
- 149-156 Entry deterrence under trade unions
by Dewatripont, Mathias
- 157-167 Union activity, unemployment persistence and wage-employment ratchets
by Lindbeck, Assar & Snower, Dennis J.
- 168-176 Collective bargaining institutions and efficiency : An application of a sequential bargaining model
by Manning, Alan
- 177-181 Introductory comments
by Atkinson, Anthony B.
- 182-191 Inequalities in health : Some international comparisons
by Le Grand, Julian
- 192-201 Comparing the influence of social security systems on the relative economic positions of selected groups in six major industrialized countries : The case of one-parent families
by Hauser, Richard
- 202-211 Redistributive taxation, majority decisions and the minmax set
by Gevers, L. & Jacquemin, J. C.
- 212-219 The crisis and the 'welfare state' in eastern europe with a focus on hungary
by Ferge, Zsuzsa
- 221-225 Introduction
by Danthine, Jean-Pierre
- 226-234 Futures markets, information structures, and the allocation of resources : An introduction
by Nermuth, Manfred
- 235-245 The induced preference approach to arbitrage and diversification arguments in finance
by Milne, Frank
- 246-256 Currency options: Hedging and social value
by Sondermann, Dieter
- 257-264 Experimental economics
by Binmore, Ken
- 265-271 Risk aversion and bargaining * : Some preliminary results
by Murnighan, J. Keith & Roth, Alvin E. & Schoumaker, Francoise
- 272-284 Bargaining experiments
by Sutton, John
- 285-287 Introduction
by Jackman, Richard & Layard, Richard
- 288-295 Hysteresis in unemployment
by Blanchard, Olivier J. & Summers, Lawrence H.
- 296-305 Long-term unemployment and the shifting U-V curve : A multi-country study
by Budd, Alan & Levine, Paul & Smith, Peter
- 306-313 How much does one percent of growth change the unemployment rate? : A study of 17 OECD countries, 1948-1985
by Paldam, Martin
- 315-318 Introduction
by Laffont, Jean-Jacques
- 319-325 Some recent developments in the theory of competition in markets with adverse selection
by Hellwig, Martin
- 326-335 Some recent results in bargaining theory
by Rochet, Jean-Charles
- 336-341 Implementation by stage mechanisms : An introduction
by Moore, John & Repullo, Rafael