The Resurrection of the Italian Wage Curve
AbstractWe show that the Italian wage curve, inexistent in the eighties and early nineties, has reemerged after the 1993 Income Policy Agreements, owing to the greater mIe granted to fiexible and Iocally bargained top-up wage components.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Turin in its series Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers with number 200502.
Length: 11 pages
Date of creation: Sep 2005
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- J30 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - General
- J60 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-12-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-HRM-2006-12-04 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-LAB-2006-12-04 (Labour Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:rie:review:v:4:y:1999:i:1:n:1 is not listed on IDEAS
- David G. Blanchflower & Andrew J. Oswald, 1995.
"The Wage Curve,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 1, volume 1, number 026202375x.
- repec:rie:review:y:1999:v:1:i:1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Peter Nijkamp & Jacques Poot, 2005.
"The Last Word on the Wage Curve?,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(3), pages 421-450, 07.
- Sergio DESTEFANIS & Giuseppe MASTROMATTEO & Giovanni VERGA, 2005. "Wages and Monetary Policy in Italy Before and After the Wage Agreements," Rivista Internazionale di Scienze Sociali, Vita e Pensiero, Pubblicazioni dell'Universita' Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, vol. 113(2), pages 289-318.
- Víctor Montuenga & Inmaculada García & Melchor Fernández, 2006. "Regional Wage Flexibility: the Wage Curve in Five EU Countries," AIEL Series in Labour Economics, in: Floro Ernesto Caroleo & Sergio Destefanis (ed.), The European Labour Market. Regional Dimensions, edition 1, chapter 12, pages 245-265 AIEL - Associazione Italiana Economisti del Lavoro.
- Sanz-de-Galdeano, Anna & Turunen, Jarkko, 2006. "The euro area wage curve," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 93-98, July.
- B Bell & Stephen Nickell & Glenda Quintini, 2000.
"Wage Equations, Wage Curves and All That,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0472, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Solon, Gary & Barsky, Robert & Parker, Jonathan A, 1994.
"Measuring the Cyclicality of Real Wages: How Important Is Composition Bias?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 109(1), pages 1-25, February.
- Gary Solon & Robert Barsky & Jonathan A. Parker, 1992. "Measuring the Cyclicality of Real Wages: How Important is Composition Bias," NBER Working Papers 4202, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lucifora Claudio & Origo Federica, 1999. "Alla ricerca della flessibilità: un'analisi della curva dei salari in Italia," Rivista italiana degli economisti, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 1, pages 3-36.
- David Card, 1995.
"The Wage Curve: A Review,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 33(2), pages 285-299, June.
- repec:fth:prinin:343 is not listed on IDEAS
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Blien, Uwe, 1998. "The German wage curve: evidence from the IAB employment sample," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 135-142, November.
- repec:pri:indrel:722 is not listed on IDEAS
- Riccardo Faini & Steiner Strom & Alessandra Venturini & Claudia Villosio, 2009.
"Are Foreign Migrants more Assimilated than Native Ones?,"
LABORatorio R. Revelli Working Papers Series
96, LABORatorio R. Revelli, Centre for Employment Studies.
- Faini, Riccardo & Strom, Steinar & Venturini, Alessandra & Villosio, Claudia, 2009. "Are Foreign Migrants More Assimilated Than Native Ones?," IZA Discussion Papers 4639, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ilkkaracan, Ipek & Levent, Haluk & Polat, Sezgin, 2012.
"Exploring different measures of wage flexibility in a developing economy context: The case for Turkey,"
GIAM Working Papers
12-2, Galatasaray University Economic Research Center.
- Ipek Ilkkaracan & Haluk Levent & Sezgin Polat, 2013. "Exploring different measures of wage flexibility in a developing economy context: the case for Turkey," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(3), pages 297-315, May.
- Isabella David, 2009. "Composition Bias and Italian Wage Rigidities over the Business Cycle," LABORatorio R. Revelli Working Papers Series 92, LABORatorio R. Revelli, Centre for Employment Studies.
- Sergio Destefanis & Giovanni Pica, 2010.
"It’s wages, it’s hours, it’s the Italian wage curve,"
CSEF Working Papers
247, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Patrizio Lecca & Peter McGregor & Kim Swales, 2011.
"Forward Looking and Myopic Regional Computable General Equilibrium Models. How Significant is the Distinction?,"
1133, University of Strathclyde Business School, Department of Economics.
- Lecca, Patrizio & McGregor, Peter G. & Swales, J. Kim, 2013. "Forward-looking and myopic regional Computable General Equilibrium models: How significant is the distinction?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 160-176.
- Ammermueller, Andreas & Lucifora, Claudio & Origo, Federica & Zwick, Thomas, 2007.
"Still Searching for the Wage Curve: Evidence from Germany and Italy,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2674, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ammermüller, Andreas & Lucifora, Claudio & Origo, Federica & Zwick, Thomas, 2007. "Still searching for the wage curve: evidence from Germany and Italy," ZEW Discussion Papers 07-008, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Steinar Strøm & Alessandra Venturini & Claudia Villosio, 2013. "Wage assimilation: migrants versus natives and foreign migrants versus internal migrants," RSCAS Working Papers 2013/30, European University Institute.
- Francesco Pastore, 2010.
"Assessing the impact of incomes policy: the Italian experience,"
International Journal of Manpower,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 31(7), pages 793-817, November.
- Pastore, Francesco, 2010. "Assessing the Impact of Incomes Policy: The Italian Experience," IZA Discussion Papers 5082, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Garibaldi, Pietro & Pacelli, Lia, 2008.
"Do larger severance payments increase individual job duration?,"
Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 215-245, April.
- Garibaldi, Pietro & Pacelli, Lia, 2004. "Do Larger Severance Payments Increase Individual Job Duration?," CEPR Discussion Papers 4607, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pietro Garibaldi & Lia Pacelli, 2007. "Do Larger Severance Payments Increase Individual Job Duration?," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 39, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Pietro Garibaldi, 2004. "Do Larger Severance Payments Increase Individual Job Duration?," 2004 Meeting Papers 445b, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Elena Giarda, 2007.
"The Worsening of Wage Expectations in Italy: a Study Based on Administrative data,"
LABORatorio R. Revelli Working Papers Series
57, LABORatorio R. Revelli, Centre for Employment Studies.
- Elena Giarda, 2008. "The worsening of wage expectations in Italy: a study based on administrative data," International Journal of Manpower, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 29(1), pages 64-87, May.
- Ambra Poggi, 2007. "Do Satisfactory Working Conditions Contribute to Explaining Earning Differentials in Italy? A Panel Data Approach," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 21(4-5), pages 713-733, December.
- G. Garau & P. Lecca & L. Schirru, 2009. "Does deflation method matter for productivity measures?," Working Paper CRENoS 200901, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Saltari, Enrico & Wymer, Clifford R. & Federici, Daniela, 2013. "The impact of ICT and business services on the Italian economy," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 110-118.
- Bruno Chiarini & Paolo Piselli, 2012. "Equilibrium earning premium and pension schemes: The long-run macroeconomic effects of the union," Discussion Papers 2_2012, D.E.S. (Department of Economic Studies), University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Piero Cavaleri) or (Marina Grazioli).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.