Adverse Geography and Differences in Welfare in Peru
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER) in its series Working Paper Series with number UNU-WIDER Research Paper DP2003/73.
Length: 46 pages
Date of creation: 2003
Date of revision:
regional economics; spatial distribution; welfare; poverty; Peru;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- L Hordijk & P Nijkamp, 1977. "Dynamic models of spatial autocorrelation," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 9(5), pages 505-519, May.
- Escobal, Javier & Saavedra, Jaime & Torero, Máximo, 1999.
"Los activos de los pobres en el Perú,"
El Trimestre Económico,
Fondo de Cultura Económica, vol. 0(263), pages 619-659, Julio-sep.
- Javier Escobal & Jaime Saavedra-Chanduví & Máximo Torero, 1999. "Los activos de los pobres en el Perú," Research Department Publications 3059, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Javier Escobal & Jaime Saavedra-Chanduví & Máximo Torero, 1999. "Los activos de los pobres en el Perú," IDB Publications 7601, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Javier Escobal & Jaime Saavedra & Máximo Torero, 2000. "Los activos de los pobres en el Perú," Documentos de InvestigaciÃ³n dt26, Grupo de Análisis para el Desarrollo (GRADE).
- Hall, Robert E & Jones, Charles I, 1997.
"Levels of Economic Activity across Countries,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 87(2), pages 173-77, May.
- John Luke Gallup & Jeffrey D. Sachs & Andrew D. Mellinger, 1998. "Geography and Economic Development," NBER Working Papers 6849, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jyotsna Jalan & Martin Ravallion, 1998. "Geographic Poverty Traps?," Boston University - Institute for Economic Development 86, Boston University, Institute for Economic Development.
- Hicks, Norman & Streeten, Paul, 1979. "Indicators of development: The search for a basic needs yardstick," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 7(6), pages 567-580, June.
- Anselin, Luc & Varga, Attila & Acs, Zoltan, 1997. "Local Geographic Spillovers between University Research and High Technology Innovations," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 422-448, November.
- Ravallion, Martin & Wodon, Quentin, 1997. "Poor areas, or only poor people?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1798, The World Bank.
- David E. Bloom & Jeffrey D. Sachs, 1998. "Geography, Demography, and Economic Growth in Africa," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 29(2), pages 207-296.
- Ramon Moreno & Bharat Trehan, 1997.
"Location and the growth of nations,"
Working Papers in Applied Economic Theory
97-02, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Máximo Torero & Javier Escobal, 2000. "Does Geography Explain Differences in Economic Growth in Peru?," Research Department Publications 3103, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- John Luke Gallup & Jeffrey D. Sachs & Andrew D. Mellinger, 1998. "Geography and Economic Development," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1856, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Hordijk, L., 1974. "Spatial correlation in the disturbances of a linear interregional model," Regional and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 117-140, October.
- Philippe De Vreyer & Javier Herrera & Sandrine Mesplé-Somps, 2005.
"Consumption growth and spatial poverty traps: an analysis of the effect of social services and community infrastructures on living standards in rural Peru,"
Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers
124, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- de Vreyer, Philippe & Herrera, Javier & Mesplé-Somps, Sandrine, 2009. "Consumption growth and spatial poverty traps : an analysis of the effect of social services and community infrastructures on living standards in rural Peru," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/776, Paris Dauphine University.
- Philippe De Vreyer & Javier Herrera & Sandrine Mesplé-Somps, 2002. "Consumption growth and spatial poverty traps: an analysis of the effects of social services and community infrastructures on living standards in rural Peru," Working Papers DT/2002/17, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation), revised Oct 2003.
- Valenzuela, Irina, 2013. "Activos y contexto económico: Factores relacionados con la pobreza en el Perú," Working Papers 2013-013, Banco Central de Reserva del Perú.
- Carlos Azzoni & Aquiles Kalatzis, 2010. "Incorporating demand-side aspects into regional policy: variations in the importance of private investment decision factors across regions," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 44(1), pages 69-82, February.
- Daron Acemoglu & Melissa Dell, 2010.
"Productivity Differences between and within Countries,"
American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 2(1), pages 169-88, January.
- Daron Acemoglu & Melissa Dell, 2009. "Productivity Differences Between and Within Countries," NBER Working Papers 15155, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ravi Kanbur, 2005.
"Spatial Inequality and Development: Overview of UNU-WIDER Project,"
- Kanbur, Ravi & Venables, Anthony J., 2005. "SPATIAL INEQUALITY AND DEVELOPMENT Overview of UNU-WIDER Project," Working Papers 127127, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Marcelo Bergolo & Fedora Carbajal, 2010. "Exploring the Urban-Rural Labor Income Gap in Uruguay: A Quantile Regression Decomposition," Revista de Analisis Economico – Economic Analysis Review, Ilades-Georgetown University, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Bussines, vol. 25(2), pages 133-168, Diciembre.
- Jean-Paul Faguet & Mahvish Shami, 2008. "Fiscal policy and spatial inequality in Latin America and beyond," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 27162, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Shilpi, Forhad, 2013. "Understanding the sources of spatial disparity and convergence : evidence from Bangladesh," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6519, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruck Tadesse).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.