Basic needs: Some unsettled questions
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 12 (1984)
Issue (Month): 9 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andy Sumner, 2013. "The Evolution Of Education And Health Poverty During Economic Development:The Case Of Indonesia, 1991–2007," Working Papers in Economics and Development Studies (WoPEDS) 201311, Department of Economics, Padjadjaran University, revised May 2013.
- Geranda Notten & Keetie Roelen, 2010. "Cross-national comparison of monetary and multidimensional child poverty in the European Union: puzzling with the few pieces that the EUSILC provides," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series 13510, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Geranda Notten & Keetie Roelen & UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre, 2011. "Monitoring Child Well-being in the European Union: Measuring cumulative deprivation," Innocenti Working Papers inwopa635, UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre.
- Andrew Sumner & Meera Tiwari, 2005. "Poverty and economic policy: what happens when researchers disagree?," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(6), pages 791-801.
- Andy Sumner, 2014. "Who are likely to be the future poor in Indonesia? Evidence on primary school non-completion from six rounds of the Demographic and Health Survey, 1991-2012," Working Papers in Economics and Development Studies (WoPEDS) 201406, Department of Economics, Padjadjaran University, revised May 2014.
- Voeten, J.J., 2012. "Understanding responsible innovation in small producers’ clusters in Northern Vietnam: A grounded theory approach to globalization and poverty alleviation," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-5661519, Tilburg University.
- Nyiwul Mabughi & Tarek Selim, 2006. "Poverty as social deprivation: a survey," Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 64(2), pages 181-204.
- Qizilbash, M., 1995.
Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics
9512, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Sudhir Anand and Amartya Sen, 1994. "Human development Index: Methodology and Measurement," Human Development Occasional Papers (1992-2007) HDOCPA-1994-02, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- Andrew Sumner, 2010. "Economic Well-being and Non-economic Well-being: A Review of the Meaning and Measurement of Poverty," Working Papers id:3268, eSocialSciences.
- Alkire, Sabina, 2002. "Dimensions of Human Development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 181-205, February.
- Prabhir Poruthiyil, 2013. "Weaning Business Ethics from Strategic Economism: The Development Ethics Perspective," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 116(4), pages 735-749, September.
- Sumner, Andrew, 2004. "Economic Well-being and Non-economic Well-being: A Review of the Meaning and Measurement of Poverty," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Jorge Guardiola & Teresa Garcia-Muñoz, 2009. "Subjective well-being and basic needs: Evidence from rural Guatemala," ThE Papers 09/03, Department of Economic Theory and Economic History of the University of Granada..
- Paul Shaffer, 2008. "New Thinking on Poverty: Implications for Globalisation and Poverty Reduction Strategies," Working Papers 65, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs.
- Meera Tiwari, 2009. "Poverty and Wellbeing at the ‘Grassroots’—How Much is Visible to Researchers?," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 90(1), pages 127-140, January.
- Anand, Sudhir & Sen, Amartya, 2000. "Human Development and Economic Sustainability," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(12), pages 2029-2049, December.
- Scott, Susan & Nolan, Brian & Fahey, Tony, 1996. "Formulating Environmental and Social Indicators for Sustainable Development," Research Series, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number PRS27.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.