A General Asymptotic Theory for Time Series Models
AbstractThis paper develops a general asymptotic theory for the estimation of strictly stationary and ergodic time series models. Under simple conditions that are straightforward to check, we establish the strong consistency, the rate of strong convergence and the asymptotic normality of a general class of estimators that includes LSE, MLE, and some M-type estimators. As an application, we verify the assumptions for the long-memory fractional ARIMA model. Other examples include the GARCH(1,1) model, random coefficient AR(1) model and the threshold MA(1) model.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo in its series CIRJE F-Series with number CIRJE-F-670.
Date of creation: Sep 2009
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Hongo 7-3-1, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033
Web page: http://www.cirje.e.u-tokyo.ac.jp/index.html
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Shiqing Ling & Michael McAleer, 2010. "A general asymptotic theory for time-series models," Statistica Neerlandica, Netherlands Society for Statistics and Operations Research, vol. 64(1), pages 97-111.
- NEP-ALL-2009-09-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2009-09-26 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2009-09-26 (Econometric Time Series)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Shiqing Ling & Michael McAleer, 2001.
"Asymptotic Theory for a Vector ARMA-GARCH Model,"
ISER Discussion Paper
0549, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Jeantheau, Thierry, 1998. "Strong Consistency Of Estimators For Multivariate Arch Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(01), pages 70-86, February.
- J. Pfanzagl, 1969. "On the measurability and consistency of minimum contrast estimates," Metrika, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 249-272, December.
- Christian Francq & Jean-Michel ZakoÃ¯an, 2013.
"Estimating the Marginal Law of a Time Series With Applications to Heavy-Tailed Distributions,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(4), pages 412-425, October.
- Christian Francq & Jean-Michel Zakoïan, 2011. "Estimating the Marginal Law of a Time Series with Applications to Heavy Tailed Distributions," Working Papers 2011-30, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CIRJE administrative office).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.