Limiting efficiency of OLS vs. GLS when regressors are fractionally integrated
AbstractWe show that previous results on the asymptotic efficiency of OLS versus GLS in the context of trending data carry over to regressors of the fractionally integrated type. --
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen in its series Technical Reports with number 1997,01.
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Vogelpothsweg 78, D-44221 Dortmund
Phone: (0231) 755-3125
Fax: (0231) 755-5284
Web page: http://www.statistik.tu-dortmund.de/sfb475.html
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Kramer, Walter & Hassler, Uwe, 1998. "Limiting efficiency of OLS vs. GLS when regressors are fractionally integrated," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 285-290, September.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Baillie, Richard T., 1996. "Long memory processes and fractional integration in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 5-59, July.
- Hassler, Uwe & Wolters, Jurgen, 1995. "Long Memory in Inflation Rates: International Evidence," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 13(1), pages 37-45, January.
- Kramer, Walter, 1982. "Note on Estimating Linear Trend When Residuals are Autocorrelated," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 1065-67, July.
- Chipman, John S, 1979. "Efficiency of Least-Squares Estimation of Linear Trend when Residuals are Autocorrelated," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(1), pages 115-28, January.
- Shin, Dong Wan & Song, Seuck Heun, 2000. "Asymptotic efficiency of the OLSE for polynomial regression models with spatially correlated errors," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 1-10, March.
- Yoshimasa Uematsu, 2011. "Asymptotic Efficiency of the OLS Estimator with Singular Limiting Sample Moment Matrices," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series gd11-208, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Shin, Dong Wan & Joon Kim, Han & Jhee, Won-Chul, 2007. "Asymptotic efficiency of the ordinary least-squares estimator for sur models with integrated regressors," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 75-82, January.
- Luati, Alessandra & Proietti, Tommaso, 2008.
"On the Equivalence of the Weighted Least Squares and the Generalised Least Squares Estimators, with Applications to Kernel Smoothing,"
8910, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alessandra Luati & Tommaso Proietti, 2011. "On the equivalence of the weighted least squares and the generalised least squares estimators, with applications to kernel smoothing," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 63(4), pages 851-871, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.