Balance Estructural del Gobierno Central. Metodología y Estimaciones para Chile
[Structural Bazlance of Central Government. Methodology and estimates for Chile]
AbstractIn 2001, Chile was one of the first countries in the world to adopt a structural balance fiscal rule. This paper provides the foundations of the choice of the rule, its methodological design and its initial estimates for the period 1987-2000. The paper also includes a discussion about the use of the structural budget balance for the ex-ante analysis of fiscal policy as compared to the formulation of fiscal policy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 43338.
Date of creation: Sep 2001
Date of revision:
fiscal policy; structural balance; automatic stabilizers; fiscal indicators;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- H62 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Deficit; Surplus
- H60 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - General
- H83 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues - - - Public Administration
- H68 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Forecasts of Budgets, Deficits, and Debt
- H61 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Budget; Budget Systems
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jocelyn Horne, 1991. "Indicators of Fiscal Sustainability," IMF Working Papers 91/5, International Monetary Fund.
- Robert J. Barro, 1989.
"Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries,"
NBER Working Papers
3120, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Claude Giorno & Pete Richardson & Deborah Roseveare & Paul van den Noord, 1995. "Estimating Potential Output, Output Gaps and Structural Budget Balances," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 152, OECD Publishing.
- David J. Ott & Attiat F. Ott, 1965. "Budget Balance And Equilibrium Income," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 20(1), pages 71-77, 03.
- Patrice Muller & Robert W.R. Price, 1984. "Structural Budget Deficits and Fiscal Stance," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 15, OECD Publishing.
- Robert P. Hagemann, 1999. "The Structural Budget Balance," IMF Working Papers 99/95, International Monetary Fund.
- Vittorio Corbo & José A. Tessada, 2003.
"Growth and Adjustment in Chile: a Look at the 1990s,"
Working Papers Central Bank of Chile
204, Central Bank of Chile.
- Vittorio Corbo & José Tessada, 2002. "Growth and Adjustment in Chile: A Look at the 1990s," Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series, in: Norman Loayza & Raimundo Soto & Norman Loayza (Series Editor) & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel (Series Editor) (ed.), Economic Growth: Sources, Trends, and Cycles, edition 1, volume 6, chapter 14, pages 465-522 Central Bank of Chile.
- Joaquín Vial & Cristobal Aninat & John Landregan & Patricio Navia, 2006. "Instituciones políticas, procesos de diseño de políticas y resultados de las políticas en Chile," Research Department Publications 3223, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Rodrigo Cerda & Rodrigo Vergara, 2006.
"Unemployment Insurance in Chile: Does it Stabilize the Business Cycle?,"
17, Superintendencia de Pensiones, revised May 2007.
- Cerda, Rodrigo & Vergara, Rodrigo, 2007. "Unemployment insurance in Chile: Does it stabilize the business cycle?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 473-488.
- Rodrigo Cerda & Rodrigo Vergara, 2005. "Unemployment Insurance in Chile: Does it Stabilize the Business Cycle?," Documentos de Trabajo 302, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Joaquín Vial & Cristobal Aninat & John Landregan & Patricio Navia, 2006. "Political Institutions, Policymaking Processes and Policy Outcomes in Chile," Research Department Publications 3222, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Jeromin Zettelmeyer & Ivanna Vladkova Hollar, 2008. "Fiscal Positions in Latin America," IMF Working Papers 08/137, International Monetary Fund.
- Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel, 2012. "Fiscal Policy for Commodity Exporting Countries: Chile's Experience," Documentos de Trabajo 415, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel, 2012. "Fiscal Institutions in Resource-Rich Economies: Lessons from Chile and Norway," Documentos de Trabajo 416, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.