الإطار النظرى للتنسيق بين السياستين المالية والنقدية
[The Theoretical Framework for the Coordination of Fiscal and Monetary Polices]
AbstractThis study aims to bring into view the importance of the coordination of fiscal and monetary policies through reviewing the theoretical framework for such coordination. This includes: the interaction between the two policies, the evolution of this issue in the economic literature, the determinants of the coordination, the institutional coordinating arrangements and the operating mechanisms for the effectiveness of this coordination.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 26856.
Date of creation: Nov 2010
Date of revision:
The Coordination of Fiscal and Monetary Polices; Public Debt Management;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E61 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Policy Objectives; Policy Designs and Consistency; Policy Coordination
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Broz, J. Lawrence, 1998. "The Origins of Central Banking: Solutions to the Free-Rider Problem," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 52(02), pages 231-268, March.
- Benhabib, Jess & Eusepi, Stefano, 2005.
"The design of monetary and fiscal policy: A global perspective,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 123(1), pages 40-73, July.
- Jess Benhabib & Stefano Eusepi, 2005. "The design of monetary and fiscal policy: a global perspective," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Stefano Eusepi & Jess Benhabib, 2005. "The Design of Monetary and Fiscal Policy: A Global Perspective," 2005 Meeting Papers 926, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Stefano Eusepi & Jess Benhabib, 2005. "The Design of Monetary and Fiscal Policy: A Global Perspective," Computing in Economics and Finance 2005 388, Society for Computational Economics.
- Avinash Dixit & Luisa Lambertini, 2003.
"Interactions of Commitment and Discretion in Monetary and Fiscal Policies,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 93(5), pages 1522-1542, December.
- Avinash Dixit & Luisa Lambertini, 2003. "Interactions of Commitment and Discretion in Monetary and Fiscal Policies," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 575, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Miguel A. Savastano & Paul R. Masson & Sunil Sharma, 1997. "The Scope for Inflation Targeting in Developing Countries," IMF Working Papers 97/130, International Monetary Fund.
- Lawrence J. Christiano & Terry J. Fitzgerald, 2000.
"Understanding the fiscal theory of the price level,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Q II, pages 2-38.
- Lawrence J. Christiano & Terry J. Fitzgerald, 2000. "Understanding the Fiscal Theory of the Price Level," NBER Working Papers 7668, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Henderson, R. & Jaffe, A.B.: Tratenberg, M., 1995.
"Universities as a Source of Commercial Technology: A Detailed Analysis of University Patenting 1965-1988,"
09-95, Tel Aviv.
- Rebecca Henderson & Adam B. Jaffe & Manuel Trajtenberg, 1998. "Universities As A Source Of Commercial Technology: A Detailed Analysis Of University Patenting, 1965-1988," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(1), pages 119-127, February.
- Rebecca Henderson & Adam Jaffe & Manuel Trajtenberg, 1995. "Universities as a Source of Commercial Technology: A Detailed Analysis of University Patenting 1965-1988," NBER Working Papers 5068, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Woodford, Michael, 1995.
"Price-level determinacy without control of a monetary aggregate,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 1-46, December.
- Michael Woodford, 1995. "Price Level Determinacy Without Control of a Monetary Aggregate," NBER Working Papers 5204, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- von Thadden, Leopold, 2003. "Active monetary policy, passive fiscal policy and the value of public debt: some further monetarist arithmetic," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2003,12, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Calvo, Guillermo, 2002.
"Fear of floating,"
14000, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bofinger, Peter, 2001. "Monetary Policy: Goals, Institutions, Strategies, and Instruments," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199248568.
- Goyal, Ashima, 2002. "Coordinating monetary and fiscal policies: a role for rules?," MPRA Paper 29200, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andrew Hughes Hallett & Diana N. Weymark, 2003.
"Independent Monetary Policies and Social Equality,"
Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers
0307, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Alberto Musalem Borrero, 2001. "On the Long and Short of Central Bank Independence, Policy Coordination, and Economic Performance," IMF Working Papers 01/19, International Monetary Fund.
- Momi Dahan, 1998. "The Fiscal Effects of Monetary Policy," IMF Working Papers 98/66, International Monetary Fund.
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 2004. "Can Inflation Targeting Work in Emerging Market Countries?," NBER Working Papers 10646, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Garry J. Schinasi, 2003. "Responsibility of Central Banks for Stability in Financial Markets," IMF Working Papers 03/121, International Monetary Fund.
- Bilin Neyapti, 2003. "Budget Deficits and Inflation: The Roles of Central Bank Independence and Financial Market Development," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 21(4), pages 458-475, October.
- Currie, Elizabeth & Dethier, Jean-Jacques & Togo, Eriko, 2003. "Institutional arrangements for public debt management," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3021, The World Bank.
- Claudia Helene Dziobek & John W. Dalton, 2005. "Central Bank Losses and Experiences in Selected Countries," IMF Working Papers 05/72, International Monetary Fund.
- Mark M. Spiegel, 1998. "Central bank independence and inflation expectations: evidence from British index-linked gilts," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, pages 3-14.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.