Monetary Policy: Goals, Institutions, Strategies, and Instruments
AbstractThis book provides an in-depth description and analysis of monetary policy in Europe and the United States. Unusually for a volume in the field, it focuses on actual monetary policy---targets, institutions, strategies, and instruments---but traditional and contemporary theoretical approaches to monetary policy form the basis for each chapter. Concentrating specifically on the European Central Bank, Monetary Policy offers one of the first comprehensive guides to understanding the targets, strategy, and instruments of the ECB. In the past, many books have presented mere descriptions of the institutional framework without providing a theoretical framework, while others have dealt mainly with theoretical aspects, thus neglecting the policy implications of their analysis. By combining a theoretical with a policy-oriented approach, Peter Bofinger succeeds in closing this gap in the monetary policy literature. As a result, his book will appeal to a broad readership, including investment bankers and other professional investors, central bankers, and scholars working in the field.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoThis book is provided by Oxford University Press in its series OUP Catalogue with number 9780199248568 and published in 2001.
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.oup.com/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Garcia Rocabado, Daniel, 2010. "The road to monetary union in Latin America: An EMS-type fixed exchange rate system as an intermediate step," W.E.P. - WÃ¼rzburg Economic Papers 85, University of Würzburg, Chair for Monetary Policy and International Economics.
- Juan José Echavarría & Diego Vásquez & Mauricio Villamizar, 2005.
"La tasa de cambio real en Colombia. ¿Muy lejos del equilibrio?,"
ENSAYOS SOBRE POLÍTICA ECONÓMICA,
BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA - ESPE.
- Juan José Echavarría & Diego Vásquez & Mauricio Villamizar, . "La tasa de cambio Real en Colombia. ¿Muy Lejos del Equilibrio?," Borradores de Economia 337, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Juan José Echevarría & Diego Vásquez & Mauricio Villamizar, 2005. "La Tasa De Cambio Real En Colombia. ¿Muy Lejos Del Equilibrio?," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 003083, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Geiger, Michael, 2006. "Monetary Policy in China (1994-2004) : Targets, Instruments and their Effectiveness," W.E.P. - WÃ¼rzburg Economic Papers 68, University of Würzburg, Chair for Monetary Policy and International Economics.
- Hulsewig, Oliver & Mayer, Eric & Wollmershauser, Timo, 2006.
"Bank loan supply and monetary policy transmission in Germany: An assessment based on matching impulse responses,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 30(10), pages 2893-2910, October.
- Hülsewig, Oliver & Mayer, Eric & Wollmershäuser, Timo, 2004. "Bank Loan Supply and Monetary Policy Transmission in Germany: An Assessment based on Matching Impulse Responses," W.E.P. - WÃ¼rzburg Economic Papers 54, University of Würzburg, Chair for Monetary Policy and International Economics.
- Oliver Hülsewig & Eric Mayer & Timo Wollmershäuser, 2005. "Bank Loan Supply and Monetary Policy Transmission in Germany: An Assessment Based on Matching Impulse Responses," CESifo Working Paper Series 1380, CESifo Group Munich.
- Oliver Hülsewig & Eric Mayer & Timo Wollmershäuser, 2005. "Bank Loan Supply and Monetary Policy Transmission in Germany: An Assessment Based on Matching Impulse Responses," Ifo Working Paper Series Ifo Working Papers No.14, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Civcir, Irfan & Akçaglayan, AnIl, 2010. "Inflation targeting and the exchange rate: Does it matter in Turkey?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 339-354, May.
- Javier Guillermo Gómez, 2006. "Monetary Policy in Colombia," ENSAYOS SOBRE POLÍTICA ECONÓMICA, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA - ESPE.
- Anna Loleyt & Ilya Gurov, 2011. "The process of formation of inflation expectations in an information economy," IFC Bulletins chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Proceedings of the IFC Conference on "Initiatives to address data gaps revealed by the financial crisis", Basel, 25-26 August 2010, volume 34, pages 104-127 Bank for International Settlements.
- Covi, Giovanni, 2013. "Do The Central Banks Always Do The Right Thing For Their Economies? An Appraisal Of The Monetary Policy Strategy Of The ECB," MPRA Paper 47085, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ivan Ribnikar & Marko Kosak, 2012. "Monetary And Banking Systems To Help (Or Hinder) Economic Development Of Transitional Economies," Montenegrin Journal of Economics, Economic Laboratory for Transition Research (ELIT), vol. 8(2), pages 181-190.
- Sahin, Afsin, 2013. "Estimating Money Demand Function by a Smooth Transition Regression Model: An Evidence for Turkey," MPRA Paper 46851, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Botzen, W.J. Wouter & Marey, Philip S., 2010. "Did the ECB respond to the stock market before the crisis?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 303-322, May.
- Kai D. Schmid, 2010. "Medium-run macrodynamics and the consensus view of stabilization policy," Diskussionspapiere aus dem Institut fÃ¼r Volkswirtschaftslehre der UniversitÃ¤t Hohenheim 322/2010, Department of Economics, University of Hohenheim, Germany.
- Kemal Kozarić & Nikola Fabris, 2012. "Monetary policy at crisis times," Journal of Central Banking Theory and Practice, Central bank of Montenegro, vol. 1(1), pages 5-24.
- Kamal, Mona, 2010.
"الإطار النظرى للتنسيق بين السياستين المالية والنقدية
[The Theoretical Framework for the Coordination of Fiscal and Monetary Polices]," MPRA Paper 26856, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economics Book Marketing).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.