CHALLENGES IN INTRODUCING DISTANCE EDUCATION PROGRAMME IN ERITREA:Some Observations and Implications
AbstractAll over the world, distance mode of education is gaining a momentum and becoming more popular than conventional education. It is a system in which schools, universities and other educational agencies offer instruction wholly or partly by mail. Eritrea is a newly independent country in Africa is been facing many challenges particularly in its education sector. It did not have more educational institutions at tertiary level. Thus the distance learning is the best option for this country. An attempt is made in this paper to discuss various problems related to the establishment and development of distance education. It also provides the distance education programmes so far undertaken in the country with concluding remarks.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 10582.
Date of creation: Oct 2006
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Turkish Online Journal of Distance Education-TOJDE 1.8(2007): pp. 191-205
Distance Education; Eritrea; Ministry of Education; Asmara University;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- A20 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics - - - General
- A23 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics - - - Graduate
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education; Research Institutions
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
- I22 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Educational Finance; Financial Aid
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rena, Ravinder, 2004. "Eritrean Education - Retrospect And Prospect," MPRA Paper 10313, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 19 Dec 2004.
- Rena, Ravinder, 2004. "Gender Disparity in Education – An Eritrean Perspective," MPRA Paper 10315, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Nov 2004.
- Rena, Ravinder, 2004. "Financing Of Education In Eritrea - A Case Study Of Zoba Maekel," MPRA Paper 10314, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jan 2005.
- Rena, Ravinder, 2007. "Distance Education And Its Potential For The Red Sea Nation Eritrea: A Discourse," MPRA Paper 11139, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.