Education in Post-Independent Eritrea – A Brief Description
AbstractEducation is an important pillar in the national economic development. It contributes to economic growth in varied forms. The educational system in Eritrea shows all the symptoms of prolonged neglect under colonialism and war. But education plays a key role in the development after independence. This paper discusses educational growth and development in post-independent Eritrea. It also analyses educational finances, and challenges for development in the country and thus provides some implications.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 10326.
Date of creation: Feb 2005
Date of revision: Jul 2005
Publication status: Published in Experiments in Education 2.34(2006): pp. 3-5
Education; Eritrea; economic growth; human capital; development; production cycles;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
- A2 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics
- A21 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics - - - Pre-college
- I22 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Educational Finance; Financial Aid
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rena, Ravinder, 2004. "Financing Of Education In Eritrea - A Case Study Of Zoba Maekel," MPRA Paper 10314, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jan 2005.
- Ravinder Rena, .
"Challenges for Higher Education in Eritrea In The Post-Independent Period to the Present– A Case of Asmara University,"
Working Papers - Programa Africa, Argentine Center of International Studies
014, Argentine Center of International Studies.
- Rena, Ravinder, 2007. "Challenges for higher education in eritrea in the post-independent period to the present – a case of asmara university," MPRA Paper 11160, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.