Gender Disparity in Education – An Eritrean Perspective
AbstractGender disparities in education raise many questions for governments and civil societies. There are many factors that contribute to the gender gap in education. In Eritrea, gender disparities persist in the enrolment rates between boys and girls at all levels. Gender inequality has become a major issue in Eritrea in the recent years. This paper discusses educational development in the country. It identifies and analyses various factors that cause gender inequality in education. Further, it also provides some policy implications to solve the gender related problems in the country.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 10315.
Date of creation: Oct 2004
Date of revision: Nov 2004
Publication status: Published in The Global Child Journal 1.2(2005): pp. 43-49
Gender; Education; Eritrea; Education for All; Inequality; Dakar Framework; Warsay Yikeallo;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- A22 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics - - - Undergraduate
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- A2 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics
- I22 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Educational Finance; Financial Aid
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rena, Ravinder, 2004. "Eritrean Education - Retrospect And Prospect," MPRA Paper 10313, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 19 Dec 2004.
- Rena, Ravinder, 2006. "CHALLENGES IN INTRODUCING DISTANCE EDUCATION PROGRAMME IN ERITREA:Some Observations and Implications," MPRA Paper 10582, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ravinder Rena, .
"Challenges for Higher Education in Eritrea In The Post-Independent Period to the Present– A Case of Asmara University,"
Working Papers - Programa Africa
014, Argentine Center of International Studies.
- Rena, Ravinder, 2007. "Challenges for higher education in eritrea in the post-independent period to the present – a case of asmara university," MPRA Paper 11160, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rena, Ravinder, 2006. "Education And Human Resource Development In Post-Independent Eritrea – An Explanatory Note," MPRA Paper 10366, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Aug 2006.
- Rena, Ravinder, 2007. "Distance Education And Its Potential For The Red Sea Nation Eritrea: A Discourse," MPRA Paper 11139, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rena, Ravinder, 2007. "The Women Employment In Eritrea – Reflections From Pre And Post-Independence Period," MPRA Paper 10792, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rena, Ravinder, 2005. "Value-Based Education For Human Development – Eritrean Perspective," MPRA Paper 10319, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Nov 2005.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.